Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

U2 bass guitarist Adam Clayton to Foxes?....

I would welcome this move. Saw him for the first time on tv at the start of the season when Leeds were playing, very impressed. Looked creative and sharp. And then a few months later, he scored a screamer against Leicester!

To be fair, I was suprised when he was transfer listed/leaving at the end of the season.

I've heard that Leeds aren't happy with the wages he's demanded (20k a week) as part of his new contract. If that's true then I can't see NP signing a guy who wants fairly hefty wages .

I've heard that Leeds aren't happy with the wages he's demanded (20k a week) as part of his new contract. If that's true then I can't see NP signing a guy who wants fairly hefty wages .

I heard it was 9k a week that he wanted.

Surely that's not that bad for us?

I heard it was 9k a week that he wanted.

Surely that's not that bad for us?

Let's hope you're right. £9k is much more reasonable - however, seems unlikely that Leeds would refuse to pay one of their best players what is now (in footballing terms) a pretty modest wage.

Let's hope you're right. £9k is much more reasonable - however, seems unlikely that Leeds would refuse to pay one of their best players what is now (in footballing terms) a pretty modest wage.

In agree with you in principle but Ken Bates is a tight git...Didnt he get rid of Grayson partly because he wanted to spend some money this summer?

Let's hope he isn't aye!

So you're forgetting how good Wellens was two years ago when he was one of the Championship's creative players?

True he's gone down since then. But like I say, a younger Wellens in Clayton could do us the world of good.

So you're forgetting how good Wellens was two years ago when he was one of the Championship's creative players?

True he's gone down since then. But like I say, a younger Wellens in Clayton could do us the world of good.

He's average at best and surely we need to be looking for better than "Wellens type" players. I'm not saying Clayton isn't a good player I've hardly seen him play, but we should be setting our sights a little higher then Wellens otherwise we'll still be in The Championship 3 years down the line.

I would not be suprised if he is involved in some sort of p/x for Beckford or someone else... I know Leeds want Beckford, but if they wont be wanting to pay this guys wages then how would they want to pay Beckfords? Is it confirmed they couldnt afford Claytons wages or just speculation?

He's average at best and surely we need to be looking for better than "Wellens type" players. I'm not saying Clayton isn't a good player I've hardly seen him play, but we should be setting our sights a little higher then Wellens otherwise we'll still be in The Championship 3 years down the line.

I hope you're joking.

Two years ago Wellens was one of if not our best player in the season we got into the playoffs.

Since then, coupled his lack of form, we've been shit especially in midfield.

Wellens two seasons ago was having PL clubs sniffing around. Not often you get that for someone the wrong side of 30.

I see this thread as an opportunity missed so far.

Where are all the U2 related puns?

But seriously, while Clayton doesn't give me a bono he does play with a bit of pride.

I see this thread as an opportunity missed so far.

Where are all the U2 related puns?

But seriously, while Clayton doesn't give me a bono he does play with a bit of pride.

Definitely could give us the edge this season.

Archived