Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Erm...I'd probably say yes. Some episodes are a little hectic, it was a good while ago when I watched it. I ended up watching the whole series over a couple of days so it must have something about it.

I may even stick it on again actually, I've got nothing to watch now.

Just started watching Banshee, Enjoyed first episode. It reminded me of the movie Roadhouse a little bit, in the way it's been done. Onto episode 2 now.

Banshee is brutal, I have watched about the first 6 and have to say really enjoyed it. Watch out for the flashback episode probably one of the most brutal deaths i have seen on TV. 

Currently have a lull in TV terms really everything has finished! Anyone watch Hawaii 5-0?? i love it great sunday night leave you brain at home TV

Well Dexter is back in two week :) and not too long until Breaking Bad starts.

Also very much looking forward to this...............

Just started Boardwalk, good so far. Anyone seen House of Cards? 21cf? MattP?

I've not got around to watching it yet but I have met Michael Dobbs who wrote the original book the series is based on, he's a friend of a friend of my Dad's... and he was Thatcher's advisor. So not only have I given you a worthless answer but I also managed to cram in a MattP-esque brag. You're welcome.  :D

I've also got a signed copy of the book that I haven't bothered to read yet. Though I will get around to watching the series as I've heard excellent things and I'll watch just about anything Kevin Spacey does.

HoC is a superb programme. Spacey's character is nigh on devoid of morals in getting what he wants but you get the feeling that none of it would be out of the realms of possibility in the real world.

Wish I hadn't caned it in a week between night shifts to be honest cos now it'll be a while til the next season.

Looooving Boardwalk. Buscemi is a legend.

Only just met him but already like Richard Harrow, distinct feeling he'll be a favourite. Boardwalk's Omar, despite actually having Omar?!

You won't believe how prophetic your judgement of Richard Harrow is. Boardwalk Empire is one of those shows I wish I could have erased from my brain so I can get the thrill of getting into it again.

Bit late after it aired, but what did people think of The Returned 2nd episode on Sunday night? Still as mysterious as the debut the week before, with so many potential sub-plots still to be discovered or unravelled. 

Bit late after it aired, but what did people think of The Returned 2nd episode on Sunday night? Still as mysterious as the debut the week before, with so many potential sub-plots still to be discovered or unravelled. 

Good well written (so far), and acted programme, with nice photography, and a soundtrack by Mogwai. I look forward to the next installment, and the amusing subtitled or distinctly French adverts in between.

You won't believe how prophetic your judgement of Richard Harrow is. Boardwalk Empire is one of those shows I wish I could have erased from my brain so I can get the thrill of getting into it again.

If he gets killed by a nine year old in the last series and you've just ruined it I'll be furious.

Good well written (so far), and acted programme, with nice photography, and a soundtrack by Mogwai. I look forward to the next installment, and the amusing subtitled or distinctly French adverts in between.

Yeah only realised the soundtrack was by Mogwai just this weekend. 

Couldn't agree more with all the positives though. 

Guest MattP

Sorry mate just saw this.

Not seen House of Cards but my brother raves about it.

I absolutely loved Boardwalk Empire.

I'm just about to start Sons of Anarchy, heard it's superb.

If he gets killed by a nine year old in the last series and you've just ruined it I'll be furious.

I wasn't even being that deep with the comparison  lol  Just that he'll become a favourite. He has one of the greatest scenes I've ever seen on TV, one of those scenes you think "I wish they'd do that" and they actually do. 

Sorry mate just saw this.

Not seen House of Cards but my brother raves about it.

I absolutely loved Boardwalk Empire.

I'm just about to start Sons of Anarchy, heard it's superb.

Sons of Anarchy is really good. The first season is pretty much Macbeth on bikes.

I wasn't even being that deep with the comparison lol Just that he'll become a favourite. He has one of the greatest scenes I've ever seen on TV, one of those scenes you think "I wish they'd do that" and they actually do.

Sons of Anarchy is really good. The first season is pretty much Macbeth on bikes.

Ah, aye. That's largely what I meant as well. A cult favourite and bad ass good guy (sort of.)