Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

I've dug out the old Blackadder series (2,3 and goes forth. 1st was a bit crap).

"Some times I think about having you executed, just to see the look on your face." - Queenie :wub:

love Blackadder

"i'd shake your hand but i fear it would come off" Blackadder to Ploppy

I'm not sure about that, series 1 has always seemed a bit lacklustre, particularly compared to the others.

Series one was written by Rowan Atkinson and Richard Curtis. Rowan Atkinson rubbishes it himself although it wasn't that bad. They brought in Ben Elton for the other series's to improve the scripts.

I remember the hype surrounding Lost circa 2005/2006, watched the first season on DVD when it first came out with school mates of mine, all very excited and positively paralyzed - it was a terrific collective experience, the suspense had everyone on their heels.

Sadly, it all went downhill with Season Two, and I didn't bother watching the rest of the series at all ever since.

Edited by MC Prussian

After the glowing praise on here with some (like Matt P) almost going orgasmic and the high rating on IMDB I finally got around to starting to watch Sopranos.

I found the pilot episode very slow and the follow up more of a comedy than a crime drama. Can someone please tell me that it is going to get much better. I've suffered through these first two episodes and hope that's not going to continue.

It's so bad that my wife is actually enjoying it.

After the glowing praise on here with some (like Matt P) almost going orgasmic and the high rating on IMDB I finally got around to starting to watch Sopranos.

I found the pilot episode very slow and the follow up more of a comedy than a crime drama. Can someone please tell me that it is going to get much better. I've suffered through these first two episodes and hope that's not going to continue.

It's so bad that my wife is actually enjoying it.

It's a character driven show, lots of talking to start off with, first season is definitely the weakest. I remember watching it all and then waiting months to watch season 2, then I blitzed through it all in a month or so. Was great, just stick with it.