Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox42

Our New Shirt Template?

I think that they thought, well, it's our club and we can change the colour if we want to. They've got no history of a rivalry in red so it's not that big a deal.

If Top & Co. did that with us there would be an outrage. I think our colours are pretty safe unless pink or something similar is lucky in Thailand...

Guest parky0607

Im not saying I agree with it on any level, it is a disgrace, but maybe if the fans got together, they could get the owners to think twice, i.e by protests, not buying match tickets etc.

Ive been to Thailand and their "lucky" colours change depending on who is in charge of the country. Im 90% sure that their current King is represented by Yellow, and I think the previous one was red. Their royal family actually do stuff for the country over there though (unlike ours) which is why they have so much respect for them. When they had the tsunami, the king went to the worse off areas and physically helped them rebuild their homes.

Why would Cov and Cardiff, two clubs our size, get one kit and we get another that has been reserved for BVB and the Italian national side?

Makes no sense, we don't have that kind of money or prestige.

I've never, ever thought it would be "THE ITALY TEMPLATE ©!!!!111oneone" Be nice if it is but when do we ever have flashy kits? When do Championship clubs ever have flashy kits? We won't have any special treatment from Puma, we'll get the same generic template they're giving all clubs of our status.

Fortunately I think those Cov and Cardiff ones are reasonable, not terrible like everyone's making out. Bit boring but what are you expecting from what's ultimately going to be a blue t-shirt with a few white lines? We've had far worse over the last few years. What should, hopefully, make Puma different is that with any luck the quality and fit will be a little better than the horrific Burrda and such efforts.

Happily get a bit of egg on my face but I will put cash money on the bullshit Italy rumour purely coming from one over-excited child going "Oh, Italy have a plain blue and white Puma kit that's a bit nice, be good if City's is like that."

Let's be honest 4 out of 4 genesis kits with the same template, and my source saying we were getting a very recognisable template... It's pretty likely it'll be the above one!

Why would Cov and Cardiff, two clubs our size, get one kit and we get another that has been reserved for BVB and the Italian national side?

I've never, ever thought it would be "THE ITALY TEMPLATE ©!!!!111oneone" Be nice if it is but when do we ever have flashy kits? When do Championship clubs ever have flashy kits? We won't have any special treatment from Puma, we'll get the same generic template they're giving all clubs of our status.

Fortunately I think those Cov and Cardiff ones are reasonable, not terrible like everyone's making out. Bit boring but what are you expecting from what's ultimately going to be a blue t-shirt with a few white lines? We've had far worse over the last few years. What should, hopefully, make Puma different is that with any luck the quality and fit will be a little better than the horrific Burrda and such efforts.

Happily get a bit of egg on my face but I will put cash money on the bullshit Italy rumour purely coming from one over-excited child going "Oh, Italy have a plain blue and white Puma kit that's a bit nice, be good if City's is like that."

Spot on

I'd bet my house on it that we will get the Cardiff, Cov, Preston template

Two teams in the same League shouldn't have the same template

Seeing as this is our first year with them, I think they should at least try to impress us

:fc: :fc:

Impress us? They're the major sporting corporation, we're the little football club thats scrambled our pennies together to pay them.

Just a few quick things I have been told regarding the kit:

- Very recognisable template (Puma's on both arms and im going to stick my neck out here and say the "italy" collar on the home kit, and the V, Neck plain design away as this is what most of PUMA's teamwear teams have had in kits released this season (see photos below))

- Uses the specific Leicester City blue colour code (as PUMA are the only company who have the rights to do this)

- Season 13/14 design will be very unique to us regardless of wether or not we are in the premier league.

- Puma only have Ten "major" teams that they create unique kits for unless there is a special agreement (anniversary etc).

- Official design was only signed off on Monday, due to problems with the location of the King Power sponsorship.

6986258101_daa12028d6.jpg6986258149_0d6953937c.jpg

6991683030_f959b465ca.jpg7051315989_9cd741fb00.jpg

6791130470_fd2b3cc52e.jpg

That was posted in this thread. http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/81386-new-kit-is-puma/page__st__160

Impress us? They're the major sporting corporation, we're the little football club thats scrambled our pennies together to pay them.

Surely if we're paying, we decide which kit template we want? Perhaps the Italy/Dortmund template will be more expensive, but maybe our owners are willing to shell out for it? It's not like we just throw a load of money at them and then take whatever kit they decide to give us. We're the clients. We tell them what we want. The kit we end up with will be chosen by the club, whatever it is.

Forgive me if i'm wrong.

But don't they pay us to be our kit designer then they make their money through percentages of shirt sales?

I'm not entirely sure to be fair, I'd have thought it was the other way round. Ie, we pay for a design and then we buy X amount off of them to resell for a profit.

Major companies like Nike and Puma,may bid for contracts with Barcelona or Man Utd because I expect those deals are worth billions but I suspect clubs like ourselves have to approach them and pay for the service like any other consumer relationship.

Pure speculation, though.

I'm not entirely sure to be fair, I'd have thought it was the other way round. Ie, we pay for a design and then we buy X amount off of them to resell for a profit.

Major companies like Nike and Puma,may bid for contracts with Barcelona or Man Utd because I expect those deals are worth billions but I suspect clubs like ourselves have to approach them and pay for the service like any other consumer relationship.

You are right I think I can never remember us having a sponsorship deal with a kit manufacturer

New-Chesterfield-Home-Kit-2012-13.jpg

Chesterfield also have a different template to anyone else, so you would think we'd have some control over it. From what I've seen of the Genesis Sports website, it's essentially an online catalogue where you pick and choose the template as per your tastes.

I'm actually surprised Cardiff have gone for the same template as Coventry and Preston, you'd think they'd want a really impressive effort to try and sell this red shirt idea to their fans.

You are right I think I can never remember us having a sponsorship deal with a kit manufacturer

A number of the smaller manufacturers we had over the Mandaric era in particular; Jako, Joma and Burrda, involved us being sponsored by them. Hence the bespoke shirts.

while you're most likely right. i wouldn't underestimate the thais pulling power due to their visibility in such a huge overseas market.

When we had the 125 Anniversary kit we had loads of companies bidding for the contract. Joma won out in the end.

When we had the 125 Anniversary kit we had loads of companies bidding for the contract. Joma won out in the end.

Joma is a small family run company that,make a couple of La Liga kits, Puma are a sportswear giant who supply some of the biggest teams on the planet.

Despite our Thai owners seeming to be successful businessmen they do seem laid back, don't rush things, e.t.c looking at how slow they were to announced Season Ticket information, last years shirt was abit of a farce, this season shirt seems to be taking its time.

I'm surprised really because buisinessmen want money (obviously) as much and as quick as possible and season ticket sales and shirt sales must be up there amongst one of the top profits and incomes to club. You'd think they'd be on it ASAP.

Archived