Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2012/13

Whats the general thought about it all, up there in Liverpool?

Just what I've been told by mates and hear down pubs and things...

Quite a lot of people like Carroll, bit of a "cult hero" type I think. He's scored two winners against Everton (one at Wembley), an FA Cup final goal, he's got a reputation of going out and getting pissed and being a general "lad", but somehow he finds himself earning millions and playing for their club. He's an honorary Scouser basically.

Added to the fact that he's actually started to play well in the last 3 months of the season and looked good at the Euros, Rodgers coming in and without playing him and barely even seeing him in training, automatically saying "I don't want Andy in my team" was a bit stupid. Liverpool fans know he's not Messi, but they paid fúcking millions for him, they like him, can relate to him and most believe (rightly I reckon) that he's going to go on and become a pretty good player.

Nobody will be willing to pay anything more than about 15/20 million for him right now I wouldn't have thought, so saying you want to sell isn't very clever. Now the player knows he's not really wanted, the fans know he's not wanted, other clubs know they can try and take the piss (West Ham saying they want him on loan etc.) because he's not going to get much playing time at Anfield.

Just what I've been told by mates and hear down pubs and things...

Quite a lot of people like Carroll, bit of a "cult hero" type I think. He's scored two winners against Everton (one at Wembley), an FA Cup final goal, he's got a reputation of going out and getting pissed and being a general "lad", but somehow he finds himself earning millions and playing for their club. He's an honorary Scouser basically.

Added to the fact that he's actually started to play well in the last 3 months of the season and looked good at the Euros, Rodgers coming in and without playing him and barely even seeing him in training, automatically saying "I don't want Andy in my team" was a bit stupid. Liverpool fans know he's not Messi, but they paid fúcking millions for him, they like him, can relate to him and most believe (rightly I reckon) that he's going to go on and become a pretty good player.

Nobody will be willing to pay anything more than about 15/20 million for him right now I wouldn't have thought, so saying you want to sell isn't very clever. Now the player knows he's not really wanted, the fans know he's not wanted, other clubs know they can try and take the piss (West Ham saying they want him on loan etc.) because he's not going to get much playing time at Anfield.

Can see how they would see him as a cult hero/'one of them'. So of course they arent going to take it lightly that hes being pretty much forced out. I think almost everyone else thinks its a bit unfair too. Dont get me wrong, I have ripped him to shreds for 75% of the season, and take the piss how he is the new benchmark for pricing players etc, but the way he finished the season, and played in the Euros, was a glimpse of what he COULD be, given the chance and right management.

My workmate is a LIverpool fan and he is sick and tired of me taking the piss about the inflated prices they paid last year, and how average Henderson has been, and Downing always will be. However, the whole time, I did say that under a different manager, someone new, someone refreshing, unlike that throwback Dalglish, that Henderson and Carroll would flourish. Its a shame Rodgers wont even allow him the chance.

Ah well, nevermind, its only Liverpool. lol

QPR consider Joey Barton loan to speed up 12-match ban

QPR are considering loaning Joey Barton to a Football League club to speed up the serving of his 12-match ban.

Barton was suspended after being sent off against Manchester City in May and then clashing with Sergio Aguero and Vincent Kompany on his way off.

FA rules allow the Loftus Road club to apply for Barton to serve the ban with another club.

QPR are considering all options with regards to the midfielder going out on loan.

Barton has been training with League Two Fleetwood Town as QPR are on a pre-season tour of Malaysia.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18971248

QPR consider Joey Barton loan to speed up 12-match ban

QPR are considering loaning Joey Barton to a Football League club to speed up the serving of his 12-match ban.

Barton was suspended after being sent off against Manchester City in May and then clashing with Sergio Aguero and Vincent Kompany on his way off.

FA rules allow the Loftus Road club to apply for Barton to serve the ban with another club.

QPR are considering all options with regards to the midfielder going out on loan.

Barton has been training with League Two Fleetwood Town as QPR are on a pre-season tour of Malaysia.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18971248

Who do you think would come in for him then ?

I'l guess at Leeds if he stays in England lol

Who do you think would come in for him then ?

I'l guess at Leeds if he stays in England lol

I very nearly posted Leeds as an option before I remembered their tiff last season.

"The midfielder called the conduct of Warnock "embarrassing" and compared his managerial style to that of fictional England coach Mike Bassett."

lol

• 3 weeks later...

Seems an odd one, he's not gonna be getting any game time ahead of Walker there.

Corluka's gone, so Naughton is next in line. Walker won't be playing every game in the Prem/Cups/Europe, so Naughton will get game time. And if things don't work out, he'll still be able to go out loan with a healthy wage to boot.

Guest MattP

As if Fergie would EVER sign Andy Carroll.

He's done worse, he paid 8million for a tramp who hadn't played football in any top flight.

Bloody hell, West Brom 3-0 Liverpool. lol

I predicted that Brendan Rodgers will get found out at Liverpool this season. The wankfest he and his Swansea City side received last season was completely ridiculous IMO.

Dreadful starts for QPR (though apparently they totally dominated large portions of the game) and Norwich City. Though im sure both clubs will be ok in the long run.

However i fear for Aston Villa. Poor passionless performance today, never really threatened, plus coupled with a lack of signings and a tough old slog last year, and they may find themselves in trouble.

As for Arsenal...not a surprising result at all considering the week they've had. They need time to reflect and recover from the morale shattering press coming out of the club at the moment.

Heard some ridiculous results coming home from the King Power today...

QPR lost 0-5 lol Don't really like them anyway, but Fulham won 5-0 as well. Didn't expect that. Shame for Liverpool, but I do believe Rodgers will be ok. Sounds like Aston Villa were very poor, and some people got them down for relegation already on the radio.

Can't wait for Match of the day :chant:

Swansea were playing good football before rodgers even turned up there ! I don't remember reading Or Watford getting all the praise for playing sexy football when he was at those clubs. It's Martinez who started it all for Swansea. Rodgers won't last until christmas

Martinez made Swansea an attacking force with good football. Sousa completed it by making them good at the back, still playing good football. Rodgers just took over from that.

Last year Bolton went to QPR first game and won 4-0, ended up getting relegated

I can remember. Cahill scored a beauty as well. Been on the QPR forum, they hate Rob Green already lol

Archived