Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Under 25s could lose housing benefit - Cameron

Guest MattP

A good start but why just the under 25's?

Still far too much "compassionate Conservatism" from Cameron. I didn't vote for them for this.

What strikes me most, is how the working class (everyone on here) are so easily won over by half baked right wing crap that will not benefit them or their`s in the long haul.....

"WAKEY WAKEY"

It appeals to the selfish nature within people: fvck everyone else I'm going to be OK and I never use swimming pools or libraries anyway.

Yet again, this.

bush-ears.jpg

:blink::unsure:

But, and this might surprise you, a large number of parents can't or won't - leaving the students to fund themselves. This ignores the growing mature student sector who don't benefit from your rich parenting either. Did you choose to ignore this or are you seriously unaware of it? :thumbup:

Are you missing the point on purpose here or what?

Just watched Panorama which was about the Greek crisis.

Interesting part was a university professor was asked to come up with a program to change the tax and benefit system. This he did by suggesting the better off contribute a little more. This was turned down. He then came up with a plan involving the tax collectors who in turn tried to sue him. While this is happening those on the poverty line is growing and the very wealthy have not been affected.

Just something for some of you to muse bout while you ar eating your caviar.

Just watched Panorama which was about the Greek crisis.

Interesting part was a university professor was asked to come up with a progeam to change the tax and benefit system. This he did by suggesting the better off contribute a little more. This was turned down. He then came up with a plan involving the tax collectors who in turn tried to sue him. While this is happening those on the poverty line is growing and the very wealthy have not been affected.

Just something for some of you to muse bout while you ar eating your caviar.

If you want a workable solution to anything the last thing you should do is ask a professor to come up with a progeam. Just something for you to muse bout while you ar eating the last of the dripping on a piece of stale bread.

If you want a workable solution to anything the last thing you should do is ask a professor to come up with a progeam. Just something for you to muse bout while you ar eating the last of the dripping on a piece of stale bread.

Well I can't afford even dripping and stale bread and I am a professor, though I must profess I don't know what a progeam is ?

Daggers I am not going to challenge you directly on this topic because clearly you have done your homework much more than me, and you appear to have the big ol' book of stats ready and waiting. But I just want to ask you a question:

- Do you think it is 'right' for people working to contribute via taxes to fund services for the unemployed on benefits, when they themselves cannot afford those services?

For me the answer in no. I think that the welfare system should provide an amount of money to give people the bare essentials, such as food, gas & electricity, petrol, and other basic ammentities. If you want anything more, then you should have to work to be able to afford them.

With benefits slashed, we would be better off as a country. An episode of yes minister comes to mind here. People would have more incentive to work = less benefits and more tax = economy grows.

Are you missing the point on purpose here or what?

Even students from the poorest backgrounds have to take out student loans. Yes they get grants but as of September English students will be expected to take out loans of around £12500 per year in order to study!

My point being should that occur we wouldn't have a society! It would be a free for all on the streets and society would crumble

Erm wasn't that the question I asked ? But we have had and still have societies in the world who do not have a welfare system but never the less they are societies. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Daggers I am not going to challenge you directly on this topic because clearly you have done your homework much more than me, and you appear to have the big ol' book of stats ready and waiting. But I just want to ask you a question:

- Do you think it is 'right' for people working to contribute via taxes to fund services for the unemployed on benefits, when they themselves cannot afford those services?

For me the answer in no. I think that the welfare system should provide an amount of money to give people the bare essentials, such as food, gas & electricity, petrol, and other basic ammentities. If you want anything more, then you should have to work to be able to afford them.

I agree with your point but how much do you think people actually receive on benefits? It's not like they have the life O'Reilly

With benefits slashed, we would be better off as a country. An episode of yes minister comes to mind here. People would have more incentive to work = less benefits and more tax = economy grows.

lol

lol

We would, because people on benefits would have extra incentive to find work. This would mean less money lost through benefits, and more gained through tax. This would help the economy to grow. In turn, this reduces the need for immigration to fill labouring jobs, thus stopping the rapid population increase. This reduces strain on public services, and also makes it easier to get jobs. And so the cycle goes around...

Nightguard, you should know that manufacturing many things is not sustainable anymore in countries like the UK when China can do it for a fraction of the price. There are plenty of labouring jobs going around, only to be seen by many as a lesser option than taking benefits. That's why so many immigrants are here, to take the shitty jobs our 'working' class feel above these days.

I was on housing benefit during the Thatcher years; I don't remember economically good times back in 1984. I'd argue that a credit-based economy which exploded in Major's face was never a good one. But at least we all learnt our lesson...oh... :D

****in scrounger! You probably don't remember much at all in the 80's. Lets face it even Daggers was in his 20's once.

To eradicate the Kyle subculture that pervades our society and is a cancer upon the nations moral fibre and well-being one needs to tackle the problem by instilling in our children the Tory values of hard work, self sufficiency and the ethos of "all for none and one for oneself"

The answer is to simply provide an education for all our children in an environment in which their future earning potential can be maximised and in which they can be moulded to cherish the core Tory values of "self" and "money" throughout their lives.

http://www.oundleschool.org.uk/index.php

To eradicate the Kyle subculture that pervades our society and is a cancer upon the nations moral fibre and well-being one needs to tackle the problem by instilling in our children the Tory values of hard work, self sufficiency and the ethos of "all for none and one for oneself"

The answer is to simply provide an education for all our children in an environment in which their future earning potential can be maximised and in which they can be moulded to cherish the core Tory values of "self" and "money" throughout their lives.

http://www.oundlesch...rg.uk/index.php

What a ridiculous stereotype. I knew a chap who went to Oundle and he was a, well his, oh ok his dad was a Tory MP. Nice chap though.

Yes and having to work for a leaving is not exactly having the life of O'Reilly either is it ?

I have met many people on benefits desperate to find work all under the age of 25. Why take benefits away from those that want to work but cant get work just because of a small minority of people who can't be bothered with life so sit at home and take what they can get. Why be so reactionary?? Why not tackle the U25's that can't be arsed rather than punish them all??

Its very easy to presume all people on benefits are scroungers but they are there for a reason - as a safety net when things go wrong! It is ridiculous to assume that all U25's should live with their parents! What if the parents can't afford to keep them! Will child benefits be available to parents for children until the age of 25?? I think not!!

Archived