Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc jack lcfc

Starting 11 next year.

Changed a little, but so far;

Kasper

De Laet -- Morgan © -- St Ledger -- Konchesky

Marshall -- Danns -- James/Drinkwater -- Dyer/new winger (sadly, we need a new left winger)

Nugent -- Futacs/Vardy

Subs: Kennedy, Peltier, King/James/Drinkwater, Dyer/new winger, Waghorn, Beckford, Vardy/Futacs

A flat 4-4-2 which has width and an option to aim at up top.

Chester in ahead of a first choice International just back from playing and scoring at the Euros?

When you say it like that, it sounds impressive, however the enduring memory of SSL at the Euros is this: 24-dejected-sf_1064869s.jpg

When you say it like that, it sounds impressive, however the enduring memory of SSL at the Euros is this: 24-dejected-sf_1064869s.jpg

SSL had a decent tournament to be fair, got his goal. That goal was Ward's fault, not SSL's. That said no reason to think he is any better than Chester/Morgan/Hobbs etc.

And that last shot is how I remembered him :(

on a different night he get's up scrambling and it hits his leg and goes out for a corner.

One of those. He looked solid at the Euro's. Mind you they were in a group where they got beat by the winners and the runners up.

He came up against the likes of Croatia, Italy and Spain... Some of these teams contain some of the World's best players.

He was no worse than other Ireland players, and he scored a decent enough goal.

Think its a bit harsh to say he's no good because of the euros, I mean look at their squad and then look at the squads they were playing against.

I hope he stays and does well, never thought he deserved half the crap he got on here.

Think its a bit harsh to say he's no good because of the euros, I mean look at their squad and then look at the squads they were playing against.

I hope he stays and does well, never thought he deserved half the crap he got on here.

Agreed.

He has been solid before at this level, one of Preston's key figures.

And that last shot is how I remembered him :(

Well in that game he tackled Iniesta and Silva in the space of five minutes, excellent tackles aswell and won the ball.

He had a good tournament one of there better players in my opinion.

And from another comment, he is better than Hobbs but can't compare him to Morgan because he is an entirely different player, just the brick of the defence.

so far?

Kasper

De Leat

St Ledger

Morgan

Koncheskey

Marshall

Danns

King

Drinkwater

Nugent

Beckford

subs - Logan , Peltier , Kennedy , James , Dyer , Vardy , Futacs/Waghorn

I'd have James in for Drinkwater and Vardy for King. Drinkwater and King would move to the bench, with Logan, Peltier, Kennedy, Futacs & Waghorn (no place for Lloyd, unfortunately). Having said all that of course, Peltier WILL be on his way and I wouldn't be surprised if King (if we get a decent bid for him) and Dyer will be moving on as well (and let's hope the bus out, will also have a seat for Gallagher !). Coming IN, has got to be that elusive Centre Back (Chester or whoever - going straight into the First XI) and a Left Winger / left sided midfielder (Carayol, Brady etc) - so then, St Ledger and 'the left sided guy' to the bench, in place of Peltier & King.

I never said that. I was just pointing out the fact that describing him as 'a first choice International just back from playing and scoring at the Euros' doesn't tell the whole story and doesn't mean he's better than our other defenders.

SSL had a decent tournament to be fair, got his goal. That goal was Ward's fault, not SSL's. That said no reason to think he is any better than Chester/Morgan/Hobbs etc.

He did not have a decent tournament. He had an abject tournament like the rest of the Ireland squad. He played like a five year-old against Spain.

That being said, there's no reason he can't become our first choice centre back, this season. As someone said, He won't be facing the likes of Torres and Silva in the Championship.

If he was such a good player like you lot make out then why has he been distincty average in the championship?

I think most, if not all, of our players looked average last season.

I rate St Ledger though. As I said before, he has been impressive before at this level for Preston, and I believe he can do it again, for us. I also believe the defence will be more solid, as a unit, this forthcoming season.

Archived