Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
darko2k7

Mustapha Carayol

Not sure if it's worthy of it's own thread as i'm sure we are tagged in every transfer but might as well post it .

http://savethemighty...-make-imps-day/

Middlesbrough Manager Tony Mowbray has confirmed that talks are taking place over a move for Bristol Rovers and former Imps winger Mustapha Carayol. But the news that the two clubs are still set to agree a fee will also alert Sheffield Wednesday, Derby County, Leicester City, Barnsley and Rotherham United, who have all made enquiries in recent months.

A Rovers mate just text me saying word on the street is we're leading the race to sign him. No idea how reliable that is but I assume he's got it off their forums/twitters/etc.

I spoke about this guy a few months back in a thread with a visiting Bristol Rovers fan and have felt for a very long time that he is a player with very very good potential due to how young he is and the talent that he has already shown, would be very happy as he would bring some much needed flair to the side.

I spoke about this guy a few months back in a thread with a visiting Bristol Rovers fan and have felt for a very long time that he is a player with very very good potential due to how young he is and the talent that he has already shown, would be very happy as he would bring some much needed flair to the side.

23 isn't that young. Can't help but wonder why he hasn't played at a level higher than League 2 and why the Bristol Rovers fans don't seem devastated to lose him.

23 isn't that young. Can't help but wonder why he hasn't played at a level higher than League 2 and why the Bristol Rovers fans don't seem devastated to lose him.

He's 22, since when was 22 not young? He's younger than Vardy by 3 years and Vardy was playing non-league last season. Players progress at different levels at different ages and at 22 (nearly 23) he's still got at least 7 seasons in him.

He's 22, since when was 22 not young? He's younger than Vardy by 3 years and Vardy was playing non-league last season. Players progress at different levels at different ages and at 22 (nearly 23) he's still got at least 7 seasons in him.

He's 23. Vardy has worked his way through the lower leagues and been prolific in all of them, Carayol has been in and around League 2 for the past 5 years and hasn't made a huge impact any year, not in terms of goals anyway. I'm not saying that he wouldn't do well here as I've never seen him play, but going from the Rovers forum, they seem relatively happy with £400k and have plenty of complaints about his attitude and commitment.

He's 23. Vardy has worked his way through the lower leagues and been prolific in all of them, Carayol has been in and around League 2 for the past 5 years and hasn't made a huge impact any year, not in terms of goals anyway. I'm not saying that he wouldn't do well here as I've never seen him play, but going from the Rovers forum, they seem relatively happy with £400k and have plenty of complaints about his attitude and commitment.

Which leagues has vardy worked through then.........

Which leagues has vardy worked through then.........

Which ever leagues Stocksbridge Park Steels and FC Halifax were in, and then the BSP with Fleetwood. Admittedly it's a lower level then Carayol's level but at least he's had a fantastic season then moved up, compared to Carayol who has been stuck at League 2 for a few years. I was only querying why Carayol hasn't made the step-up sooner and why the Rovers fans aren't too disappointed to lose him.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived