Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Secrecy at Austria Training Camp ?

Is it just me, or do others think that there's been a whole load of secrecy surrounding whats going on at City's Austrian Training Camp ? There was no mention (on the OS or other press release) about WHO in the squad went and no photos (we only have a shot of some of the squad at Stansted Airport taken by a City fan). No mention of what they were intending to do there. There's been no photos, or write-ups of whats been happening. Normally photo calls and a brief run-down of activities in training is the one good thing the OS does.

I might just be whipping up a bit of a conspiracy theory here; but, it COULD be that Nige & Co don't want fans to see WHO is in Austria - players on trial (who he doesn't want anyone to know about), players who aren't there (for reasons of impending departure) etc. Anyway, even putting aside the conspiracy stuff, it's all very strange how little news there's been on this Camp.

Merc

The players have been put through their paces by Pearson and his staff in Austria.

After several days of multiple training sessions, the players played in a full 11 versus 11 practice match yesterday.

"Last two sessions in Austria today, back to the UK tomorrow. Can't wait, it has been really hard good work by the boys," tweeted defender Ritchie De Laet.

Good.

We don't need to know what's going on. We just need them to focus, train hard and be ready for the season ahead. They don't need cameras everywhere, people asking generic, god awful questions 'how do you think you'll do this season?' 'how are the lads training?' etc.

Hit the nail on the head. Let them get on with it. They are there to train, and from the looks of Dann's tweets this morning NP has put them through their paces. The fluffy media and fan stuff can all be saved for tomorrow.

They are there for conditioning work, I don't think we really need to know who hass traveled as it is just training and the players won't be competing in any friendlies, where as if it was a mini tour I could understand why would be kept up to date.

Bizarre as it sounds, I've been able to cope without all of the 'ooh aren't they jocular' bullshit photo shoots.

I think low key and understated is the way NP likes to operate, suits me fine.

I enjoyed last year's trip to Sweden, but looking back at all the hype, I think it's better we don't get fed daily updates.

Keep the pre-season quiet, no really spectacular signings, start off the season with lesser, more realistic expectations.

I'll take that.

Well (despite appearing to be in the minority !), I think it's strange. I would have thought that trying to drum up a bit of interest in what's going-on with the squad in mid-July, when there's little transfer speculation, would be a big thing for the City media guys - they were only too keen to get photos released of the first Belvoir Drive training session, last week.

Well (despite appearing to be in the minority !), I think it's strange. I would have thought that trying to drum up a bit of interest in what's going-on with the squad in mid-July, when there's little transfer speculation, would be a big thing for the City media guys - they were only too keen to get photos released of the first Belvoir Drive training session, last week.

I know what you mean, but conditioning work is boring, and I'd imagine the media boys have got enough on their plate with sorting out tomorrow. Between the new kit, the open day and friendlies starting next week I'd say there's enough interest for now, and the media circus can start next week

Players have been tweeting about it all week. Very hard work apparently. They'll be a lot fitter than they have been for the last 2 seasons

I think you're right, and I think it could count for a lot. They should certainly be more prepared for the season than they were when Sousa was in charge of pre-season training. I didn't think they were going to make it through the first few matches.

Is it just me, or do others think that there's been a whole load of secrecy surrounding whats going on at City's Austrian Training Camp ? There was no mention (on the OS or other press release) about WHO in the squad went and no photos (we only have a shot of some of the squad at Stansted Airport taken by a City fan). No mention of what they were intending to do there. There's been no photos, or write-ups of whats been happening. Normally photo calls and a brief run-down of activities in training is the one good thing the OS does.

I might just be whipping up a bit of a conspiracy theory here; but, it COULD be that Nige & Co don't want fans to see WHO is in Austria - players on trial (who he doesn't want anyone to know about), players who aren't there (for reasons of impending departure) etc. Anyway, even putting aside the conspiracy stuff, it's all very strange how little news there's been on this Camp.

Too busy releasing the 95th story of the week on the new kit.....

Archived