Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RyanLCFC18

Anthony Knockaert

I just hope people remember that Ben Marshall had a quiet start before turning into a 30 yard goal machine.

Knockaert has more to adapt to. Not only new team mates but a new country, new language, new culture and probably more media attention than he is used to.

If we are gentle then I'm sure he'll do good.

I just hope people remember that Ben Marshall had a quiet start before turning into a 30 yard goal machine.

Knockaert has more to adapt to. Not only new team mates but a new country, new language, new culture and probably more media attention than he is used to.

Totally agree with this. We need to give him support and make him feel welcome.

Totally agree with this. We need to give him support and make him feel welcome.

Our fans are not the best at giving players time to settle in though but yeah i agree to i hope he does have time, even better if he makes an immediate impact, good luck to him

Yeah if he starts slow lets not write him off. Its a big challenge for such a young boy. :scarf:

If he doesn't score at least 2 in his first game, then I for one am booing him!!!!!!

On a serious note, don't know anything about him but we wanted a winger and thats just what we've got, so well done Pearson (and probably more importantly) the unsung hero that is Steve Walsh. Hopefully this lad can be a gem.

Also looking forward to seeing him play, and from what I've seen he does seem to mirror Ben Marshall a bit - hard-working kid, plays better than expected, a bit cheeky, can belt in a few impressive goals - just the kind of player we like, hopefully

If he gets off to good start, I expect at some point in the season there'll be a 10-minute long "Woah woah woah woah, Ant' Knockaert!" chant going on, and will probably be dubbed "The Knockers"

Don't worry he is a tricky, skilful, pacy, winger, there is no way NP will ever actually play him, he will have plenty of time to adapt before making his debut.

Is this actually official now?

Yeah if he starts slow lets not write him off. Its a big challenge for such a young boy. :scarf:

I seem to remember begging fans to stop talking Kaebi into the team and emphasising the bloke would need half a season o more to settle in and feel acclimatised. It was the same with Abe. But no - we got both involved almost from the off ith the result that neither ever really deserved their place.

Let Kermorgant be the example of how we shouldn't treat a foreign player. Good luck, Anthony, you're going to need it!

Truth be told I think generally the fans accepted he was a back-up centre forward and never really had a chance to give him a good chance, and he missed the most crucial penalty of our recent history (well Waghorn did technically but that was a lot made down to Kermo's joke of a pen).

I think moving Kermo on was the right move, to be fair we've had far, far worse forwards play for us but any criticism he really did bring on himself sadly.

Good luck to the lad, but I cant help feeling that Pearson is overloading the squad with youth A good idea to have some, but there appears to be too many without experience, and we could suffer as a result.

Konchesky - 31

Whitbread - 28

Morgan - 28

Dyer - 29

Wellens - 32

Beckford - 28

Danns - 29

Nugent - 27

But any excuse to have a moan right?

:welcome:

Archived