Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

If Sven was still here...

Who would we have signed so far? Heskey would have been a cert. So glad we have Pearson now. I was a bit gutted when Sven got sacked but when I look back now it was awful. I put in another thread but - pantsil, mills, beckford and Johnson were costing us about 100k a week alone. all awful signings by Sven. And that Michael ball. He must have been on about 5k a week at least. You can only look back and laugh.

Why not though. The amount of money he wasted you cannot forget about. And bidding 8 million for Maynard. it was a complete joke.

Get a bit of balance Chilli

I was no Sven fan, not by a million miles, but Kasper, Nuge, Danns, Konch... All good signings at this level.

If...

If loads of things...

If Sven's run of fantastic unstoppable, fast football had survived his needless tinkering last Feb & we could have taken that style into the Prem...

If Sven hadn't have come in the first place & someone else better suited had blew £20m...

If Pearson could have carried on growing his team in the first place, rather than having to clear out over 20 players, then being told he needs to sell before he can buy albeit with a bigger carrot in the form of greater wages on offer than before.

If Heskey wasn't sold in the first place & his partnership with Colly was allowed to grow...

If...

If Martin O'Neill was still here...

No doubt we would have won the champions league and looking at winning PL for third year running. Obviously messi would be here wanting to play for the best team in the world. The likes of xavi and iniesta would be here but have to settle for place on the bench after wellens Wins ballon d'or again.

........and then i woke up

In fairness to him, I'm pretty sure most people on here were jizzing in their pants at the thought of those four players signing... Perhaps none of us are the expert armchair managers we think we are? :whistle:

If you trawl back through all the threads and posts that were being made by OUR fans when Sven was signing all these players.... YES including Mills, Johnson and especially Beckford, you will find in pretty much most cases, they all came to the club to a fanfare of excitation.

Fair enough, one or two had their doubters. Some were suggesting, for instance, that Beckford maybe wasn't what he was cut out to be and that Johnson has been unfit for too long.

But generally, Sven was hailed by nearly all on here as the bloke who was going to take us to the promised land.

Anyone who felt he actually might be a bit of a duffer as a manager was utterly slated. Myself included. I remember it well. This wasn't based upon his signings per se, but on questioning whether he could manage them and get them playing well.

Anyway, hindsight is a wonderful thing. But you are correct, there are few as fickle as some football fans.

Don't believe me? Look back through those threads during last summer.

And what is even more bizarre was the continued love for Sven that appeared to go on for well after he had left the club.

If you trawl back through all the threads and posts that were being made by OUR fans when Sven was signing all these players.... YES including Mills, Johnson and especially Beckford, you will find in pretty much most cases, they all came to the club to a fanfare of excitation.

Fair enough, one or two had their doubters. Some were suggesting, for instance, that Beckford maybe wasn't what he was cut out to be and that Johnson has been unfit for too long.

But generally, Sven was hailed by nearly all on here as the bloke who was going to take us to the promised land.

Anyone who felt he actually might be a bit of a duffer as a manager was utterly slated. Myself included. I remember it well. This wasn't based upon his signings per se, but on questioning whether he could manage them and get them playing well.

Anyway, hindsight is a wonderful thing. But you are correct, there are few as fickle as some football fans.

This time last year I was certain we were going to win the Championship.

If...

If loads of things...

If Sven's run of fantastic unstoppable, fast football had survived his needless tinkering last Feb & we could have taken that style into the Prem...

If Sven hadn't have come in the first place & someone else better suited had blew £20m...

If Pearson could have carried on growing his team in the first place, rather than having to clear out over 20 players, then being told he needs to sell before he can buy albeit with a bigger carrot in the form of greater wages on offer than before.

If Heskey wasn't sold in the first place & his partnership with Colly was allowed to grow...

If...

If John Barnes wasn't such a shit manager and O'Neill stayed another season.

And what is even more bizarre was the continued love for Sven that appeared to go on for well after he had left the club.

And still does for some. Agree with all the posts so far

If Sven was still here?.......We would no doubt have Owen & Heskey on a round 50k a week each.

We took such a backwards step letting Pearson go, We screwed up all the hard work and foundations he was laying regarding players wage structure and the type of player we had a the club, if we had stuck with him who knows where we would be now? James Chester & Cameron Stewart would more than likely of been Our players.

Dont get me wrong, I loved last Summer, Sven and all the media coverage we were getting the big name signings I was convinced we would be going up, but lets be honest apart from Kasper, Nugent and Konchesky where are they all now? A total Waste of a Season and a huge waste of money!

Pearsons back and hes had to pick up the pieces, Getting his sort of players in and on his sort of wages, which can only be good for the long term future of the club.

I know its not the most exiting style of football he plays and this summer has been very dull compared to last summer, but I do hope he gets given time and the Thais don't make any panicky knee jerk decision to sack him if we start slow again, Leicester need some stability and with him and his scouting team given time I genuinely think we could be on to a winner here!

:scarf:

If we still had Sven we'd be looking forward to a lovely little season in League One, and would most likely have sold the stadium in order to buy Peter Crouch at a bargain price of £60 million.

Well as we were still only 2 points off the play offs, and above Reading who went on to win the league, when he was sacked, it`s also possible we would have been playing premier league football this season had he stayed.

Personally i don`t think we would, but the truth is, we will never know, and as another poster has already said, what is done is done, so we just have to consign him to the next fossils and foxes book, and move on to the here and now.

Archived