Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Away v Torquay - League Cup - 14/08/12 Pre-match trappings

One of those weird ones where I almost want us to lose, loved the cups when I was very young and we were mid table Prem under O'Neil, hate them now. Just distractions from the league.

So I'd put out a weakened side, and play those short of match fitness.

Really?

:blink:

Schmeichel

De Laet Moore Morgan Schlupp

Knockaert Danns Drinkwater Marshall

Beckford Vardy

SUbs: Logan, Konchesky, Dyer, James, King, Nugent, Waghorn.

Would go similar to the side that should start on Saturday but would start Schlupp at left back to see how he does against meaningful opposition.

One of those weird ones where I almost want us to lose, loved the cups when I was very young and we were mid table Prem under O'Neil, hate them now. Just distractions from the league.

So I'd put out a weakened side, and play those short of match fitness.

A defeat to a lower-league side will not help morale.

Bollocks to this 'concentrating on the league' myth - I want us to win every cup game. Cardiff were a penalty or two away from winning it last year, so there's no reason why we (or indeed anyone else) can't emulate, and hopefully better what they did.

Strong side please, with the inclusion of a fringe player or two. We've not just come off the back of a league fixture so the players won't be tired, and we've yet to see how the team will perform in a competitive fixture. Would be nice to see a Vardy/Schlupp front line, as they should both be more than capable of netting against a League Two side (no disrespect to Torquay). Could do their confidence a world of good.

I can't imagine we are going to play a hugely weakened team surely? Its first game of the season its hardly like the players need a break from competitive football I would use it as a perfect opportunity to help the new players gel in a competitive situation before the league starts

Apparently they said on Radio Leicester that Knockaert can't play. Not sure why it would be though, maybe not registered in time?

Think NP said in post match interview he's away on international duty. Anyone confirm this?

Yes. He's been called up for France.

OS: http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/130812-france-call-up-for-knockaert-308780.aspx

Kasper

Moore Morgan Taft Kennedy

Gally James King dyer

Nigels 3rd and 4th choice strikers

I think the back 4 could well be the one that started against Sunderland as we are struggling for options unless Kennedy plays.

I'd be surprised to see Taft play.

Parkes is banned as well which doesnt help

Midfield and Forwards is anyone's guess although i'd expect Gallagher, Waghorn, King and Schlupp to all play big parts

Archived