Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Away v Torquay - League Cup - 14/08/12 Pre-match trappings

Schmeichel

De Laet

Moore

Morgan

Kennedy

Gallagher

King

Drinkwater

Dyer

Futacs

Beckford

Subs: Konchesky, Whitbread or Taft, Nugent, Danns, Vardy, Logan, Marshall

Just realised how strong our squad is as thats leaving out Schlupp, Waghorn and James. I'd save James for Saturday and worry about his injuries from last season so he'll need to be used carefully.

I personally wouldn't field a "weakened" side. I perhaps would during the season, but considering this is the first match of the season, I'd like to see us gel even more. That could only benefit us. A defeat could possibly decrease morale ahead of the Championship season. As well as this, we have seen many Cup shocks before, and already this season (such as Morcambe beating Blackpool).

I'm pretty damn excited about this game. "Buzzing" as SSL would say...reckon we will see 8/9 of the team that starts on Sat? Most interested in the front 2 to be honest. Thats unless Pearson deviates from his beloved 442. I would like a 3 or 4 nil win to send out a message, but ill take a competitive 1-0.

I expect to see a strong side in our first competitive match:

Schmeichel

De Laet

Moore

Morgan

Konchesky

Marshall

Danns

Drinkwater

Dyer

Nugent

Vardy

I agree, I think it will be close to this. We could easily see James for Danns, Gallagher for Marshall, and Beckford for Nugent from the above though. The others should make up part of the bench.

City team to face Torquay United tonight: Schmeichel, De Laet, Konchesky, Drinkwater, Morgan ©, Marshall, Vardy, Dyer, James, Beckford, Moore.

Subs: Danns, King, Logan, Waghorn, Gallagher, Schlupp, Nugent.

City team to face Torquay United tonight: Schmeichel, De Laet, Konchesky, Drinkwater, Morgan ©, Marshall, Vardy, Dyer, James, Beckford, Moore.

That's our best team isn't it? Minus Knocky?

Nige is taking it seriously then.

Beckford continues to play.

Very nice! Surprised there's no Kennedy or Taft on the bench, or Futacs.

Archived