Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City 2 - 0 Peterborough - post match

The Morgan goal made a big difference, the longer the game was 0-0 the more it suited Peterborough's tactics. However, what impressed me was what happened after we scored. We looked to dominate the game instead of retreating and allowing them back into it like we did alot last season.

Good win and a clean sheet. 3 points, move on to the next game!

We started off slowly but went on to dominate the game and P'Broro were never in it to be honest. Impressed with Vardy and the back four. King was good when he came on too! We need to show consistency now but happy days so far!

It's good to be back. And it's good to be winning twice in a week (when did that last happen?)! Here are my Conclusions from the Posh.

Liam Moore

He could almost be a veteran centre half, judging by his performance this afternoon, rather than a 21-year-old full back filling-in as part of a team that has everything but defenders in abundance. Moore has stepped into the breach to fill a surprising gap in Pearson's planning, shoring-up the back four at a time when, of the clubs three recognised senior centre halves, one is injured and the other is yet to prove his fitness. A lot of credit must be awarded, then, to Moore who has shrugged-off the pressure of stepping-up to the senior team with some aplomb.

He's 19.

Good opening win with a solid performance. We need to be winning these sorts of games if we are to call ourselves promotion chasers.

However, tough game away at Charlton Athletic in midweek with them looking for a winning start to their home campaign. I think we'll learn a lot more about our lot from that game than we will against a very conservative Peterborough United side today.

Congratulations to the lads though, so far so good. :scarf:

Great to hear that KINGY scored a buety will be excelent to have the lad back. Also great to have goals scored from all positions.

So many positives I am hearing about its brilliant. There is a buzz that hasn't been around since the league 1 year, let's hope this continues. I really do have a great feeling about this year. Up the city!

Just got in.

Poor first half because of Peterborough's negative tactics.

Second they came out a little more and we soon broke them down and there was only ever one team in it.

This season looks promising for me.

Cringeworthy headline: "Big spending Foxes defeat Posh"

http://www.theposh.com/index.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/news/article/20120818-leicester-1-0-posh-latest-319556.aspx

We've spent next to nothing this summer, but looks like we can't get rid of that tag from last year. Oh well...

We have probably made money with the players we have sold....

Cringeworthy headline: "Big spending Foxes defeat Posh"

http://www.theposh.c...est-319556.aspx

We've spent next to nothing this summer, but looks like we can't get rid of that tag from last year. Oh well...

According to one paper i read, we were the biggest spenders. That said, most of the league spent hardly anything and we did recoup over half of it.

Archived