Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City 2 - 0 Peterborough - post match

Just saw the highlights on SSN and King's was a superb finish, I doubt many others at the club could've put that one away. Arriving late, side foot into the top corner

I sit in the Kop, behind the goal, and was already celebrating. Was one of those goals that you can tell is going in. Excellent finish. Don't take anything away from Vardy though, great work and a top performance from him.

I may have missed a topic about this but wasnt gally number last season number 7 now Marshalls?

Yes. Gallagher is 17 now, and I was pleased he didn't make the squad today.

Chuffed with that. Good on Kingy as well, hopefully he can put in a few decent performances and get a bit of confidence back.

Good start, one game at a time for me, it'll take a while to see what this squad/manager combo is really like and what they're capable of.

Good result, good start now onto Charlton.

Cant afford too many more performances like the first half but if we have consistently play like 2nd half not many teams will keep up with us.

I think once the team gets used to each other and understand how each other play we will be a pretty good team. You could see today the ideas that the players had were great but they weren't quite having the ideas at the same time. When it does click, going forward we will be a force

Beckford really did well today if people in the past have complained about his work ethic it was very much spot on today, for me Vardy and Beckford should be starting every game they are gelling well and when they click the goals will come. Second point is Dyer why is he starting yes I appreciate he can run at pace but end product is never forthcoming with him if Knockaert isn't starting ahead of him at Charlton away it would be a waste of his talent Dyer's days are long gone as a starter on the bench is his place imo.

I agree with everything you have said, apart from the Dyer point. Yes we know he can't put a very good ball in, but he can do things. It would have been very harsh to drop him after the pre-season he's had and the goal he scored last Tuesday.

All in all it was a solid display from the team, the back four looked and worked very well together. I though Moore was very good despite his lack of experience, this told when he let Sinclair ghost past him. He will only improve with players like Morgan and Konchesky with him, however when Whitbread is fully fit I can see it being Morgan partnering him.

The midfield were very good, the first half they struggled but what do you expect when P'borough came to ruin the way we play. This changed second half and was more open when we got our goal. We were very comfortable in possession and Drinkwater was quality, only one woeful pass but that is excused as nothing came of it.

The forwards in Beckford and Vardy were looking threatening, Vardy more so. I can see these two being our main pairing if their partnership is allowed to grow, I thought Beckford worked hard and also had some very neat flick ons. Most notbaly in the first half which Vardy missed.

King was back to his old self, that is all there is needed to be said. Knockaert IS going to be massive, assuming he doesn't P**s any defenders off that they have to take him out.

It was a solid team effort, I really cant wait for more :D

Regardless of the performance it was important that we won this opening game.

The first half was forgetful.

The second half we were a different team, winning second balls, creating numerous chances and the most pleasing aspect was the way we created the space to attack them,so different to last season were we would have maybe drawn or lost this game

The defence was solid,even though i doubt we will come up against a poorer attack.

So many positives,and if that second half is anything to go by,then we will have a very decent shout of getting promotion.

Really impressed by Drinkwater. Ran the show and was man of the match for me. Kept in nice and simple and they couldn't get near him.

Defence was so solid. Moore very impressive and De Laet looked like an upgrade on Peltier. Took his man on and could cross it nicely.

King when he came on was great. Spreading the ball all over the pitch and scored a cracker.

Beckford and Vardy looked very sharp as well.

I heard a few disgruntled fans as i left the stadium claiming "it was only peterborough", but our fans forget to realise that there will be another 45 games as difficult as this.

Whether we play peterborough or a relegated side such as blackburn the games may turn out differently but will be just as tough. Against the better teams our defence will be tested, while against the weaker teams our ability to break teams down will be tested.

All in all I was very impressed with what i saw today. A side full of players who appeared to 'want to play for the club', especially the new boys in vardy, james, de laet and Knockaert. Once we become less rusty our attack should flourish and the amount of options we have, our attackers should stay fresh.

My main comment will be to that of Peterborough and their 1st half performance, totally embarassing. Possibly the worst I have seen at the KP. 1st game of the season and they come and pass the ball across the defence for 45 minutes, only 3 times in the 1st half did they have more than 1 player in our half. I thought they would definetly score today as boyd, taylor, tomlin, sinclair are all good individual flair players, but they didnt give them a sniff. Joke of a club, and are my favourites for relegation already.

Well done lads!!

Very poor first half. We were too deep and the central midfielders offered nothing at all.

The second half was much better and was what you'd expect to see. There's always going to be things that need tinkering with but overall it was quite a satisfying day.

Very poor first half. We were too deep and the central midfielders offered nothing at all.

The second half was much better and was what you'd expect to see. There's always going to be things that need tinkering with but overall it was quite a satisfying day.

Just spent 5 mins reading through and at last someone else noticed how deep we were first half. All credit to Pearson for altering the system after half time where we switched between 442 and 4132 throughout the half. The major difference was that we moved the central midfield up in the second half (we weren't as flat), this meant that the strikers harrying actually worked. A good team performance which benefitted from a very generous decision from the ref.

I thought the understanding between the front two was encouraging at this early stage and that DeLeat slowly grew into the game.

Second point is Dyer why is he starting yes I appreciate he can run at pace but end product is never forthcoming with him if Knockaert isn't starting ahead of him at Charlton away it would be a waste of his talent Dyer's days are long gone as a starter on the bench is his place imo.

for me Dyer was one of our better performers today, dribbling past people with easy, when loosing the ball worked hard to regain possession, he performing well at the moment so why drop him?

Took a while to get going but a great game in the end. Once Morgan scored, he had Posh completely on the back foot when they realised that just playing defensively wouldn't get them anywhere.

Again - really impressed by Liam Moore - he's one to hang on to. Morgan, MOTM well-earned, Drinkwater still playing as well as he had in the pre-season, Vardy providing a brilliant help in King's goal, Kasper's good saves, Dyer's pacey runs, De Laet looking trustworthy - I was impressed with everyone as a whole (although Beckford and Nugent didn't seem to be in the game too much). Just got to keep up the momentum now!

Beckford played well? Didn't stop all game?

Any chance we can start singing this in the stands? (he instead of she!), or is it too early?

Ha, good shout. I can hope he would see the funny side of it, would improve people's opinion of him greatly.

Archived