Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
irishfox

IRISHFOXES

Hello fellow foxes, LCFC fan since 1997/98 season totally out of the blue i come from a Man united family but at 8years old i was attracted to Leicester mostly because of the legends Martin O'Neill and big Stevie walsh. Never been to Filbert street which kills me to this day but been to our new home 6times, I had to wait till I was old enough to go myself because no one would bring me as a kid(as I said my family are MUFC)..I'v never bought my Republic of Ireland flag with me but want to bring it this time when I come over for game vs Blackpool..Would i be victim of abuse and should I just leave it at home???..LTID!!

Hello fellow foxes, LCFC fan since 1997/98 season totally out of the blue i come from a Man united family but at 8years old i was attracted to Leicester mostly because of the legends Martin O'Neill and big Stevie walsh. Never been to Filbert street which kills me to this day but been to our new home 6times, I had to wait till I was old enough to go myself because no one would bring me as a kid(as I said my family are MUFC)..I'v never bought my Republic of Ireland flag with me but want to bring it this time when I come over for game vs Blackpool..Would i be victim of abuse and should I just leave it at home???..LTID!!

Man, I feel sorry for you. Supporting Leicester is a painful enough experience that gets inflicted on most of us but to choose to support us, and being from overseas, why would you do that to yourself?! :D

You are a braver person than I!

I think it's great that we have fans who aren't from Leicester, especially from a MUFFC supporting family! Can't imagine you'd get any abuse (bar the odd joke), and if you stitch the fox emblem or "IRISH FOX" onto the flag, you might even appear in the OS picture special. Go for it

:thumbup: What great days they were Martin O'Neill's era,

Like the post above say's there is large great Irish community in Leicester bring your flag and wave it proudly,

could you bring a couple of these over too:Welcome irishfox

I've seen a person at the front of the kop always wearing an Irish flag around him, don't know if he's still there but don't see why not?

He ALWAYS wears shorts to games as well.

Are you sure it's not Sean St. Ledger ??????

• 2 weeks later...

Hi irishfox im also from Ireland and support the mighty foxes were in Ireland you living?

His byline info states "Castleisland, Co. Kerry"...which I passed through on my way to Abbeyfeale and Brosna about a month ago. My grandfather came from Brosna, earlier generations from Castleisland apparently, so have a Guinness on me (just imagine that I paid for it!). Managed to put away a few in O'Rourke's Bar and Matt McCoys with some cousins while I was over there. Let's hope there are some celebrations this evening, and not an artificial and premature crisis...

Bring it and wave it with pride.

Make sure you have "800 years of oppression" sown into it. Sure fire crowd pleaser.

Haven't been down to the Kingdom in years. Used to go to Castlegregory every summer for about 10 years.

About time we had a thread for the City fans of Irish descent!

I was born and raised in Leicester but my Dad is from Ireland (moved over here in 1975) and we used to visit my family in Killarney EVERY single summer although I did love it there. My brother now lives in Dublin so go over at least 2 or 3 a year.

Archived