Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Danns Frozen Out?

I had a feeling he wasn't a Pearson player. However I'd play him with King and Drinkwater on Saturday.

Pearson tried to sign Danns at Hull but he chose Leicester and Sven instead, doesn't seem to be in favour with Pearson atm though

I'd have both Danns and King playing on Saturday.

James looked a bit of a passenger yesterday, whilst DD wasnt bad, but didnt have much effect on the game.

Danns gives you energy and desire to get the ball which we really lacked at stages yesterday, and away from home we need that quality.

I'd hardly call it frozen out, we can only have 11 players on the pitch at one time, he came on as a sub against Torquay and was on the bench for the two games since.

Pearson has openly stated he wants to keep a settled team so until something drastic goes wrong with Drinkwater who's his main competition, with James/King battling for the other CM position he's going to have to bide his time.

Judging from the majority of the feedback on Drinkwater he may have to wait some time for a chance especially as there are so many options on the bench to change the team depending on the performance.

He's been on the bench, hardly frozen out of the squad.

Drinkwater and James impressed most in pre-season and King has contributed both times he's come on.

Danns will play this season, but I can see why he's not in the team right now.

Just read his tweets, seriously maybe people are working harder in training.

Drinkwater and James look good together and have impressed me, especially drinkwater!

It's the 2nd game, he will get his chance to come on either from the bench or start, King has came on both times and got us 1 goal in each game.

Danns is a good player but atm, Drinkwater, James and also King are above him.

Danns should be starting for me instead of James.

Most people linked our lack of end of season form with his injury.

I thought he would be nailed in for a start, cant work out why he is'nt

We would be very stupid to sell him.

So Dannsy is having a little spat on twitter just because he's sat on the bench for the opening two league games.

In Lethal Bizzle twitter fashion he needs to #leeeeaveit

We don't know.

Our fans seem to be so easy to wind up over very little.

Danns should be starting for me instead of James.

Most people linked our lack of end of season form with his injury.

I thought he would be nailed in for a start, cant work out why he is'nt

We would be very stupid to sell him.

Can't pass, can't win the ball, can't keep the ball, creates nothing, he's a poor tackler... he's just another one of those players who runs around a lot, has a lot of energy but if you actually stop to consider what he brings to the game, he's found wanting. He might have performed better than our other midfielders towards the end of last season, but that's not exactly hard when you're playing alongside Sol Bamba in midfield.

Andy King - at his best - is absolutely leagues ahead of Danns IMO. Drinkwater and King to start against Blackburn for me.

He will get his chance when Pearson think it's right to play him.

I think he is one of our best players on his day, but James and Drinkwater deserved to start against Peterborough, and at least he had faith in them again to start against Charlton, but they didn't do as good.

I would tinker with our midfield to see what really is our best partnership, but with the games coming up it would be very risky to rotate the squad in the early stages of the season.

I would start Danns and Drinkwater, but if King keeps performing he will most likely start instead of Danns.

People saying "cant win the ball, can't tackle, doesn't create anything" etc. are ridiculous. Anyone that WATCHED Leicester last season knows that between January and April last season we did not have a better player. For me he is our best midfielder. See below video to see some of his finest moments last year. I will of course expect replies that say things like "pity it doesn't show him losing the ball every game", and to those people I say, bore off :)

Danzy could of left in the summer. Reading & Southampton both came in for him but he's happy here and Pearson wanted him to stay as he's majorly part of his plans this season.

I think due to Drinky & James partnership working so well for the Sunderland, Torquay & Peterborough games Pearson was reluctant to change it for Charlton which sort of back fired.

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't start at the weekend

Archived