Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Danns Frozen Out?

People saying "cant win the ball, can't tackle, doesn't create anything" etc. are ridiculous. Anyone that WATCHED Leicester last season knows that between January and April last season we did not have a better player. For me he is our best midfielder. See below video to see some of his finest moments last year. I will of course expect replies that say things like "pity it doesn't show him losing the ball every game", and to those people I say, bore off :)

Did you really watch Leicester? I'm not looking for reasons to dislike the guy, but he was very average for the majority of the season and then had a purple patch towards the end. Drinkwater is a better player, King is a far, far better player, it's probably too early to tell with James. I'm not saying Danns is shit, I'm saying there are definitely other players in our squad who are a lot more talented than him. Pearson obviously thinks so too, as he's used James, Drinkwater and King in the first two league games and not even brought Danns on as a sub.

I think he's a great player to have in the squad, but I can't see why people think he should be nailed on for starting week in, week out when we have better options IMO.

Did you really watch Leicester? I'm not looking for reasons to dislike the guy, but he was very average for the majority of the season and then had a purple patch towards the end. Drinkwater is a better player, King is a far, far better player, it's probably too early to tell with James. I'm not saying Danns is shit, I'm saying there are definitely other players in our squad who are a lot more talented than him. Pearson obviously thinks so too, as he's used James, Drinkwater and King in the first two league games and not even brought Danns on as a sub.

I think he's a great player to have in the squad, but I can't see why people think he should be nailed on for starting week in, week out when we have better options IMO.

Yes mate I did. And although I don't agree that Drinkwater is a better player, I understand that you prefer certain players. That's fair enough. The point of my post was to slam people saying "can't tackle, doesn't create" etc because I have to say, I disagree. At his best he was great last season in my opinion. And I think the reason he wasn't great before January was because he didn't once play in his preferred role. As much as I like him, he's not a right midfielder and he's definitely not a right-sided forward as Sven played him.

I don't think Pearson rates James or others ahead of him, because I do think he rates Danns. But for whatever reason (and I do trust NP) he isn't playing him.

Cheers for reply, football is a game of opinions :thumbup:

Listen up! I did a little research and I think there might of been a bust up with danns and Kasper, 2 days a go danns tweeted Kasper saying 'ey up stranger, not spoke to you in a while' and Kasper still has not replied even though he has been using his twitter? Might be nothing....

Listen up! I did a little research and I think there might of been a bust up with danns and Kasper, 2 days a go danns tweeted Kasper saying 'ey up stranger, not spoke to you in a while' and Kasper still has not replied even though he has been using his twitter? Might be nothing....

lol lol lol

People saying "cant win the ball, can't tackle, doesn't create anything" etc. are ridiculous. Anyone that WATCHED Leicester last season knows that between January and April last season we did not have a better player. For me he is our best midfielder. See below video to see some of his finest moments last year. I will of course expect replies that say things like "pity it doesn't show him losing the ball every game", and to those people I say, bore off :)

Aha! The reliable agent's compilation video to give an accurate portrayal of a player's season...

There seems to be a trend with Leicester supporters, Andy King lovers and then the rest of us! The Andy King lovers blindly spout on about Andy King and how good he is due to his dominance of League 1 and then good performances in his first year in the Championship.

Then there is the rest of us who have noticed that the past 2 seasons Kingy has in the main been absolute dog shit who has only this season begun to look like the player of old. There is no coincidence that he stopped being a Wales regular while having his terrible spell over the past 2 seasons but STILL the Andy King lovers are out in force claiming him to be the God of our midfield.

IMO Neil Danns from Christmas onwards was the "Roy Keane" of our midfield he was all over the place hassling the opposition, winning the ball and made driving runs through the heart of midfield and as the video above shows he has a lethal shot on him. Yes he isn't the greatest passer of the ball but when combined with Drinkwater, James, Wellens, King he compliments them perfectly by allowing them to be the more technical, creator in the middle of the field due to their greater passing ability.

I actually think away from home we should go more conservative and play 3 in the midfield to gain a foothold in games, a midfield 3 would be much better allowing us to control possession and control the pace of the game to suit our team dynamics.

4-3-2-1

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Konch

Danns

Drinkwater

King

Marshall

Vardy

Nuge

There seems to be a trend with Leicester supporters, Andy King lovers and then the rest of us! The Andy King lovers blindly spout on about Andy King and how good he is due to his dominance of League 1 and then good performances in his first year in the Championship.

Then there is the rest of us who have noticed that the past 2 seasons Kingy has in the main been absolute dog shit who has only this season begun to look like the player of old. There is no coincidence that he stopped being a Wales regular while having his terrible spell over the past 2 seasons but STILL the Andy King lovers are out in force claiming him to be the God of our midfield.

IMO Neil Danns from Christmas onwards was the "Roy Keane" of our midfield he was all over the place hassling the opposition, winning the ball and made driving runs through the heart of midfield and as the video above shows he has a lethal shot on him. Yes he isn't the greatest passer of the ball but when combined with Drinkwater, James, Wellens, King he compliments them perfectly by allowing them to be the more technical, creator in the middle of the field due to their greater passing ability.

I actually think away from home we should go more conservative and play 3 in the midfield to gain a foothold in games, a midfield 3 would be much better allowing us to control possession and control the pace of the game to suit our team dynamics.

4-3-2-1

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Konch

Danns

Drinkwater

King

Marshall

Vardy

Nuge

Ah yes, the past two seasons to which you refer....the 2010-11 season and the 2011-12 season.

The 2010-11 season being that one in which he had his best ever season in terms of goal-scoring with 16 goals whilst getting in the PFA Team of the Year and winning players' player for the second season in a row. And the 2011-12 being that season in which he still scored 4 goals in an injury-disrupted season. Well I was a 'King lover' but nope, now you've convinced me. How foolish I was to have based my opinion of him on those early years alone!

Danns isn't getting into the side at the minute because he's not as good as the other options we have. Simple as. He can gripe and moan but it will lead to one thing, his departure. I thought Nugent was playing a dangerous Twitter game but he's at least got the ability and record to back up feeling hard done to. Danns has a part to play, no doubt, but that part is a bit-part and is certainly not in the early part of the season when Pearson's trying to gel a fluid, passing team. His time will come with tired legs and at the business end of the season when we need to grind out results.

Ah yes, the past two seasons to which you refer....the 2010-11 season and the 2011-12 season.

The 2010-11 season being that one in which he had his best ever season in terms of goal-scoring with 16 goals whilst getting in the PFA Team of the Year and winning players' player for the second season in a row. And the 2011-12 being that season in which he still scored 4 goals in an injury-disrupted season. Well I was a 'King lover' but nope, now you've convinced me. How foolish I was to have based my opinion of him on those early years alone!

Danns isn't getting into the side at the minute because he's not as good as the other options we have. Simple as. He can gripe and moan but it will lead to one thing, his departure. I thought Nugent was playing a dangerous Twitter game but he's at least got the ability and record to back up feeling hard done to. Danns has a part to play, no doubt, but that part is a bit-part and is certainly not in the early part of the season when Pearson's trying to gel a fluid, passing team. His time will come with tired legs and at the business end of the season when we need to grind out results.

Danns is better than 2 of the midfielders we have played in both games: James and Dyer.

When he's really playing well, I'd say he's better than Drinkwater as well.

4-3-2-1

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Konch

Danns

Drinkwater

King

Marshall

Vardy

Nuge

I'll keep this simple. King is the best midfielder at the club and Danns was superb during the second half of last season. However, Drinkwater is looking like a very good player now and performing that Danns role in the middle. Interesting selection dilemma for NP

Danns was our best player in the second half of the season. Deserves to start IMO

Until he got injured, Danns imo, had two good games but only really shone because those performances were at a time when the rest of the midfield were completely woeful. Unfortunately because of this some supporters seemed to elevate his status to that of a brilliant midfielder. I beg to differ, in his other starts, whilst admittedly keen and industrious I thought him a liability. His passing was poor and he persistently gave the ball away, he was mediocre at best. If this is what he's still doing in training its no wonder NP isn't picking him. As for twitter...grow up son, keep your big gob shut, recognise your frailties and work hard on them if you want to get in the team! Less talking, more action.

I'll keep this simple too.

IF King is 'easily our best midfielder', why has Pearson not started him in the first two home games of the season?

If, like so many purport, he is that great, he should be the first name on the team sheet surely?

Are those advocating for King to play saying that Nige is clueless?

Think about it.....

IF King is 'easily our best midfielder', why has Pearson not started him in the first two home games of the season?

If, like so many purport, he is that great, he should be the first name on the team sheet surely?

Think about it.....

Thanks for the education and keeping it simple. We do struggle to keep up with you.

Think about it.....

Does that mean those who think Nugent is our best striker or that we need a DM are also claiming Pearson is clueless? Think about it...

If Pearson selects King on Saturday does that all of a sudden make the pro King supporter correct and the other posters guilty of claiming Pearson is clueless?

Thanks for the education and keeping it simple. We do struggle to keep up with you.

Then don't be sarcastic and answer the question put...

You hail King as one of the best midfielders in the division. So why isn't he being played from the start.?

Indeed, why isn't he the first name on the team sheet? If he's so good?

Don't pussy foot around the question with glib responses.. Answer it..

:thumbup:

Then don't be sarcastic and answer the question put...

You hail King as one of the best midfielders in the division. So why isn't he being played from the start.?

Indeed, why isn't he the first name on the team sheet? If he's so good?

Don't pussy foot around the question with glib responses.. Answer it..

:thumbup:

Do I? Please quote that.

I wouldn't need to be sarcastic if you left out "I'll keep it simple" and "think about it" as if we are all children.

Why isn't he the first name on the teamsheet? Maybe Drinkwater and James had done well enough in pre-season to warrant starting or maybe their fitness levels are deemed higher at the moment but I fail to see how that makes them better players in either the fans eyes or, more importantly, in Pearsons.

Maybe we should wait and see how the season pans out before we decide that either King is overrated by the fans or that Pearson is clueless.

Archived