Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Danns Frozen Out?

On his Twitter he says he doesn't know what he's done to upset anyone then thanks fans for their support, then retreated someone who replied to him saying that he'd be fuming if he was sold on.

Does he just ASSUME he should be playing or in fact is he bring sidelined?

Personally I'm indifferent about Danns, his amazing energy & enthusiasm is brilliant but he can't pass to save his life & gives the ball away almost all the time, not to mention his stupid sending off last season left us up shit creek just when we'd giving ourselves a chance of top6.... But he will be a great squad player over the season so I hope he isn't sold on, or perhaps there is real pressure on NP to reduce the wages bill & stop adding to the debt.

Hope we don't get rid of him. As you say he will be a great squad player and I think he's the type of character that if he gets his chance he will be hard to take out of the team. A few ayers are going to have to get used to being squad players I'm afraid and instead of whining they should be fighting for their place

I think frozen out is the wrong way to put it. He has to get on with it and wait for his chance. If he was being frozen out, it would be a similar scenario to mills where he's in the youth team. Danns has been on the bench for the first two games and i'm sure he is in NP's plans.

Well, Danns is part of our squad. And the manager has the job of picking 11 players. Danns hasn't been picked for two games now, but moaning, especially on a social networking website? :frusty: Work hard to impress the manager is my best bet, St Ledger did it.

I didn't go yesterday so I cannot comment on the midfield but Drinkwater and James looked good against Peterborough. However, I do think Danns has the energy we sometimes need.

Not a fan of this, he should get on with it and stop moaning on twitter. If he works hard enough in training he will make the starting 11. No one can assume that they are guaranteed a start.

Totally agree with this.

He should grow a pair and ask Pearson about it if he thinks there is a problem. Not playing two league games and a cup game is hardly being frozen out though unless he is training away from the first team.

yeah cus that worked so well for the last guy that did that...

Well, Danns is part of our squad. And the manager has the job of picking 11 players. Danns hasn't been picked for two games now, but moaning, especially on a social networking website? :frusty: Work hard to impress the manager is my best bet, St Ledger did it.

I didn't go yesterday so I cannot comment on the midfield but Drinkwater and James looked good against Peterborough. However, I do think Danns has the energy we sometimes need.

Totally agree with this.

Its actually 3 games and the last 2 he hasn't even gotten off the bench either so I can understand why he'd feel frustrated, he was the pick of our midfield last season, not saying much but he was.

Danns was our best player in the second half of the season. Deserves to start IMO

He works hard, but he contributes very little else to the team. A lot of people seem to think because he runs around a lot, he's a good player and they ignore the fact that his passing is woeful, his ball retention is terrible, he has no creativity, he's not a particularly tough tackler or ball winner... I honestly dont't see why people would want him in the team ahead of players like Drinkwater or King (that should be our starting midfield duo IMO).

Danns was our best player in the second half of the season. Deserves to start IMO

yeah cus that worked so well for the last guy that did that...

Its actually 3 games and the last 2 he hasn't even gotten off the bench either so I can understand why he'd feel frustrated, he was the pick of our midfield last season, not saying much but he was.

Then he stupidly got sent off when he was a key part of a team that was just picking up the momentum to give us a good push towards the end of the season.

It is three games, but James and Drinkwater have done a good job so far, things may change after last night. He hasn't came off the bench but so far Pearson has made changes that have worked well, he has no real reason to be annoyed about players that have got on ahead of him. Unless this is something behind closed doors, he'll get his chance.

Then he stupidly got sent off when he was a key part of a team that was just picking up the momentum to give us a good push towards the end of the season.

It is three games, but James and Drinkwater have done a good job so far, things may change after last night. He hasn't came off the bench but so far Pearson has made changes that have worked well, he has no real reason to be annoyed about players that have got on ahead of him. Unless this is something behind closed doors, he'll get his chance.

he also tweeted after Saturday how happy he was for the lads that played for the great result he's hardly moaning constantly either

tbh...i was surprised he hasnt started. as already said....imo he was probably one of our most consistent performers during the 2nd half of last season; & I thought the pairing of Drinkwater & Danns did really well too.

not a fan of the tweets which kinda say/mean there annoyed at not playing; can understand why they'd be annoyed but there are better ways to show the manager he's wrong and its not by tweets that could well be sly digs.

Where was that? Jesus that is embarrassing.

Blinking Germans ;)

Norbert Meier is most recently noted as coach at MSV Duisburg when he lost his temper in their match against 1. FC Köln on 6 December 2005.[2] In the 82nd minute, Meier was arguing with Köln'sAlbert Streit when Meier suddenly fell down. Referee Manuel Gräfe sent Streit off with a red card. After the incident was reviewed on television, it became clear that it had not been Streit who hit Meier, but that Meier was play-acting. In fact, Meier had given Streit a headbutt. The club suspended Meier on 8 December 2005, and the German FA banned him for three months from any management activities on 15 December 2005. He has also managed Dynamo Dresden but was sacked in September in 2007.

As the advertisments in the background are advertising German beer, I'd say the Australian Soccer League.

lol

They have tried to call it Football a couple of years ago... and force the media to say "football"... the media basically laugh and sneer...and still call it soccer.

Archived