Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milton Keynes Fox

Burton Match Thread

NP picked a side he must have thought capable of winning the game. Im not saying we are definitely going to lose but it's not very encouraging is it?

I'm looking forwards to you spinning this in to a positive somehow.

Encouraging for the cup? No it's not. For the league? It's got nothing to do with most of this team.

As for your second point, you should attempt to read what people actually write.

Yeh because it would be the first time a Championship team has struggled to beat a lower league team in a one off cup match.

All football matches are one-off matches? No? Or are two legged affairs more important?

And what do you even mean by the above? If something has happened before, is it not embarrassing? If you got caught fingering your sister again, wouldn't you be embarrassed?

Encouraging for the cup? No it's not. For the league? It's got nothing to do with most of this team.

As for your second point, you should attempt to read what people actually write.

Yes but this is a squad, they are 1st team players who will be needed in the near future!!

It was definitely a risk making so many changes and it looks like we are paying for it, but there is no way of knowing what would have happened if we had gone in full strength. Lets see what foot-axe can do. His foot is an axe he can do some damage.

I wouldn't have minded making those changes had our strikers been on form anyway. But they could do with the goals for confidence, so I would have played them for that reason, and hopefully they would have scored and then taken that form into Blackpool.

We still have Nuge on the bench though, and like you say, Foot-Axe (good name). Still think we can/will win this, but we'll need to book our ideas up.

That is bollox. I'd far rather we won.

I just don't pretend we are brilliant when all evidence suggests otherwise.

Credit where credit is due, there have been positives, but many many negatives being ignored by many.

Who has said we are brilliant, who has actually ignored the problems? Almost every person I have seen praise our performance pointed out we need to hit the net and defend better.

Im pretty sure that's bollox. I've not had a lot of opportunity to turn up when we've been winning this season. I wish LCFC would give me more opportunity.

What do you want me do? Pretend all is rosy?

We want you to at least wait until we've actually gone out to Burton before you use it as evidence to suggest Pearson is crap (and that, though you won't admit it, you want him sacked).

That is bollox. I'd far rather we won.

I just don't pretend we are brilliant when all evidence suggests otherwise.

Credit where credit is due, there have been positives, but many many negatives being ignored by many.

You've done nothing but moan since Saturday on here so don't pretend you're taking notice of the positives - you've rarely acknowledged anything positive at all, or at least are completely determined to relegate it so far beneath the obvious negatives everybody can see (I.e. We're losing) that they become lost.

It's a shame because your posts are actually readable on the whole. Just a shame they're so stubbornly negative.

Who has said we are brilliant, who has actually ignored the problems? Almost every person I have seen praise our performance pointed out we need to hit the net and defend better.

Pretty much everything required for the game of Football then.

Just reading through at half time - how can anyone justify this?? It's a very poor display by the members of the squad that are on the bench and pushing for first team places. This isn't a load of youth teamers we're playing.

If ever we were to get rid of Pearson, these are the only two I'd accept.

Chris-Powell-Charlton-Ath-007.jpg

image-308C_4B92F8AD.gif

Long way off that though, and even a defeat tonight wouldn't do it. QPR were dumped out at home by Port fackin' Vale the season they won the league.

Come on and say hello MrandMrsF - you gave us all a good giggle, so do come back !! God knows we've all been at our wits end following this team at some point ..... and your thread became one of the funniest collection of comments I've read in ages !

It is a bit tricky getting a real picture of what is going on from radio Leicester but it didn't sound very good from what I heard. We basically seem to have played for about 10 minutes, their keeper has made a couple of decent saves but basically we haven't really done much.

Whatever the result I think this is a big half for some of the fringe players. If they can't beat Burton then I can't see some of them featuring much unless we get a lot of injuries. Hopefully we can turn it round but some of these players don't really convince me that they can compete in the top 6 of the table.

All football matches are one-off matches? No? Or are two legged affairs more important?

And what do you even mean by the above? If something has happened before, is it not embarrassing? If you got caught fingering your sister again, wouldn't you be embarrassed?

Read the quote dumbass.

'Even if we do win this it's slightly embarrassing'.

Explain to me what's embarrassing about winning a match?

If we lose it's a bit embarrassing, but in the scheme of things who gives a shit? It's happened to a lot of great teams over the years.

Archived