Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oadby Fox

Highlights from the match between Leicester and Burton Albion

Kasper kicking the ball away after the pen could have got a booking and wastes time .Needs to calm down a bit and just do the job.

Anyway weve lost three while Ive been on holiday Im back so everything should be OK from now on and I promise not to go away again

Serious disbelief again, never ever a penalty in a million years and their 4th, how many fvcking League Two players even try that let alone pull it off?

Before anyone thinks I'm making an excuse - I'm not, we deserved to lose, we've just yet again lacked any luck what so ever, absolutely unbelievable.

Serious disbelief again, never ever a penalty in a million years and their 4th, how many fvcking League Two players even try that let alone pull it off?

Before anyone thinks I'm making an excuse - I'm not, we deserved to lose, we've just yet again lacked any luck what so ever, absolutely unbelievable.

You make your own luck in this game.

Just as I said on the other thread. Deflection, mistake, no hand ball and great goal. Shit luck, poor performance and crap ref. Well done Burton did what they had to do and ove on to the next round as we should move on to our next game.

You make your own luck in this game.

Absolute myth, just like "decisions even themselves out".

Like I say I'm not taking anything away from Burton, they were quality for a League Two side, but what happened was literally a one in a thousand. How the hell all that happened is beyond me.

Like I say I'm not taking anything away from Burton, they were quality for a League Two side, but what happened was literally a one in a thousand. How the hell all that happened is beyond me.

There is a reason for everything the mentality of the players wasn't spot on as Kasper alluded to post match, they though it would be a walk over how very wrong of them to expect that, I expected we would win the game but I knew the opposition would be a tough proposition because they are the underdogs as such, but complacency seemed to have taken its toll on the players.

Well not really, the 4th goal, ok he was lucky that he hit it so sweetly, but he tried it, in that sense he made his own luck, likewise with a defensive error, you still need to be alive and sharp to it to score. Yeah you get good fortune, but those that gamble and take chances get more good luck than those that never try and hit a ball from that far out.

As for decisions evening out, I can think of plenty of goals we have scored that could have been ruled out, Morgan for the first game for example.

First time I've seen these, confirms it was a freak result. A shit free-kick deflected in, an uncommon mistake from an innocuous long ball, a non-penalty and a once-in-a-lifetime long strike.

Call it what you like but I'm not convinced. Opponents will always score goals if we do daft things like that and, accepting they scored three more than us, I canot remember the clear-cut chances we squandered that would have changed the result even on a good day.

No 1) Unnecessary free kick but we were responsible. Carry on doing that and we'll concede similar goals.

No 2) Allowing the ball to drop in the area when it could have been met and dealt with - schoolboy error and the sort of thing that would see you out of a non-League team. Carry on being so casual and it'll be more goals conceded.

No 3

How the referee made a penalty out of that instead of a free-kick for hands against Burton I don't know but he may have seen something in the melee that we can't. Whatever we didn't deal with the cross - a fatal flaw in any defence.

No 4) this was a cracker but the second goal in two games from a turning inside our right-back and being allowed a free shot. If you don't learn you're always likely to get punished and it's the sort of ploy any team can use against us without being freaky.

I found it possible to sympathise with the Charlton and Blackburn defeats because we played well, created stacks of chances and had one or two important decisions go wrongly against us. Apart from the penalty I saw none of that against Burton. We finished a distant and pathetic second and if there'd been places from one to a hundred we'd have finished last.

Well not really, the 4th goal, ok he was lucky that he hit it so sweetly, but he tried it, in that sense he made his own luck, likewise with a defensive error, you still need to be alive and sharp to it to score. Yeah you get good fortune, but those that gamble and take chances get more good luck than those that never try and hit a ball from that far out.

As for decisions evening out, I can think of plenty of goals we have scored that could have been ruled out, Morgan for the first game for example.

I agree...

:blink:

One thing I noticed..

When Knocky gets round the back and puts over that chipped cross - it's at the perfect height, pace and place for a midfielder to attack and score. There's no-one seeing it, that's one of many worrying things about these "highlights.."

You can't really tell from that video of Burton's 4th. You can't see how much swerve there was from Kasper's POV. Maybe it was an easy save, but I can't decide until I've seen a different angle.

Watching live on the night, from the West Stand just behind the shot, there was a lot of swerve on it.

I'm no expert on goalkeeping, but based on many years attending matches, I reckon it would have been a good save if he'd got to it - not 1 he'd save 9 times out of 10 (maybe 3 times out of 10).

We seem to gamble and it never pays off, like I say there's more to it than just luck but there's no doubt in my mind we get extremely little.

Morgan's goal was never a foul, it was six of one half a dozen of the other, refs do tend to favour the defending side in those kind of situations so I guess we got a little lucky there, but if that goal had gone against us I wouldn't have been complaining.

Just like I wasn't complaining at Blackburn's first. I personally didn't think it was offside and believe Schmeichel had a clear view - so that rightly stood for me. Although there was a better case for that being offside than Vardy's header, which is simply one of the most ridiculous decisions... well, actually, I was about to say "most ridiculous decisions I've ever seen" but I find myself saying that so often lately, I'll just call it a standard match changer that surprise, surprise, has gone against us.

Archived