Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stringfelow

How much longer will the owners stick with Pearson

tbf....if we'd a lost 3 defeats on the spin with shite performances then....i'd maybe start to get a little worried. but the performances have been there,

Oh course I want leicester to do well. but isnt most keys to success within football built upon a stable team & manager.

I agree, performances have been great this season, excepting the last game (and maybe that's why there's more negativity, it was only a few days ago to a 4th dvi side). And I agree that stability is the key to success mostly.

I actually am not too bothered either way about NP and think that gives me a little more objectivity than his supporters .... but am being pigeon holed as the biggest hater ever ..... Just because I don't jump on the happy wagon!!!

I'm in fact really optimistic about today - but i do think it's a watershed game - lose it and we are in a spiral of losses that gets harder to stop.

Indeed and the big picture includes many thing such as performances, team changes.

Yeah it does ..... but that's my concern .... we've seen how poor our squad is with that game .... outside the first eleven and we have a side that were a poor opposition to a 4th div side. That's not great for putting pressure on the starting 11 or for cover when they start to get injuries and suspensions .... couple that with not signing anyone before the window shuts and thats why I don't see the bigger picture as quite so bright.

Yeah it does ..... but that's my concern .... we've seen how poor our squad is with that game .... outside the first eleven and we have a side that were a poor opposition to a 4th div side. That's not great for putting pressure on the starting 11 or for cover when they start to get injuries and suspensions .... couple that with not signing anyone before the window shuts and thats why I don't see the bigger picture as quite so bright.

We've seen they weren't good enough in that game, it's not proven they are all rubbish forever more though.

I agree, performances have been great this season, excepting the last game (and maybe that's why there's more negativity, it was only a few days ago to a 4th dvi side). And I agree that stability is the key to success mostly.

I actually am not too bothered either way about NP and think that gives me a little more objectivity than his supporters .... but am being pigeon holed as the biggest hater ever ..... Just because I don't jump on the happy wagon!!!

I'm in fact really optimistic about today - but i do think it's a watershed game - lose it and we are in a spiral of losses that gets harder to stop.

You genuinely sound like you might want to sob...No one thinks you're the biggest hater ever I wouldn't have thought?

Just watch the game and let's discuss the various merits or foibles of Pearson afterwards.

Or not, if you don't want to.

Don't bother me either way.

:thumbup:

The last game. The most relevant one.

Yes and they were shit in that, plenty of teams and players have had shit games. Doesn't mean they are all fit for the scrap heap though or not good enough as individuals to slip into the first 11 and play when needed.

Awwwww I sowwy if i wuined your excitement for the big game ....

In fact if you read my posts i think we'll win tonight in a good game that ends 3-2 to us. Personally I can't wait for the game - came on here to discuss it - thought that people would be seeing it as a big game and be talking about the team / their team etc ..... but it's the usual pearson love-in where any opinion that doesn't say Nigey is God is pounced upon as a nasty vile pearson hating non supporter.

Not sure why you have you sensitive head on .... is it because you'll miss Youngy and Stringer telling you what to think tonight?

Waller did you get out of the wrong side of the bed today?Time to leave for game COYB

The real question should be:

If NP goes then we have another wasted season, followed by yet another transitional season how long the fans will stick with the owners?

Not that we have much choice but it will be dazzling incompetence not to see the season through (barring any Allen/Holloway style relegation disaster)

Not that our spoilt brat 'fans' would mind that sort of incompetence.

I was trying to think of some points on which we should all agree after all of the mayhem here since Burton. I reckon pro or anti-Pearson, anyone sensible would agree with the following...

a. That Pearson will (and quite possibly should) be gone if the run of defeats continues much longer, or we're in mid-table come November / Xmas.

b. That, barring disasters, he deserves at least as long as Sven.

c. That it is an achievement to lower our wage bill as he has (and, depending on your point of view, to reduce squad average age by three full years).

d. That form under Pearson has been no worse than under Sven's final five months.

e. That Pearson was successful in his first spell.

f. That he's spent less money than Sven in his second.

g. That his signings have been decent this time round.

h. That people criticising the signing of Futacs are being a little premature, bearing in mind he's 22, has played 30 minutes (in which he scored a goal while recovering from an injury). The guy who said 'IMHO he's useless' is being just a bit ridiculous.

i. NP's main failure has been in galvanising the players he inherited.

j. That the likes of Beckford, St. Ledger, Mills, Bamba, Danns were also fairly central in getting Sven the sack.

k. That his biggest error was perhaps in not more comprehensively restructuring the defence in EARLY January 2012. As it was he only brought in Morgan, making it harder for him to rebuild the side in the summer.

l. That Waghorn has shown promise in the past and the collapse in form, while indisputable, is also mystifying.

m. That he scored in his last league start and is still young, so may improve.

n. That getting on his back is unlikely to precipitate this.

o. That Beckford has, on balance and regardless of his potential, been disappointing so far (not to say that'll always be the case).

p. That if we sold him, considering FFP, his departure wouldn't be entirely without purpose.

q. That for the same reason, firing Pearson in the immediate future could be a big gamble.

Just looking back over the posts on here lately, this is what I've come to. Any thoughts?

Why would they not stick with him. Ignoring the debacle against Burton which was predominantly a reserves outing for all that it was an embarrassment, we've completed four league matches so far and have played our part in three scintillating games in which we've been positive, entertaining and damned unfortunate not to remain unbeaten.

Today we've inflicted the season's first defeat on the freescoring league leaders and recent Premiership side, Blackpool. Last week we outplayed another team relegated from the Premiership in Blackburn and we also gave a vigorous account of ourselves at Charlton.

Instead of the cautious, turgid rubbish we've been subjected to far too often over recent seasons the games have been packed with incident and we've been positive almost throughout.

We also got individuals worth watching, a seemingly good crop of youngsters coming through for the first time in a while and all this on spending much less money than in the wasteful days of Sven.

At long last we seem to be recognising that we need to score goals to have any chance of promotion and that is clearly the new Pearson philosophy even if the "goals for" column might not reflect that intent.

So, while there are positive reasons for the owners to remain patient there are negative ones too. First why, with such a promising team, would we voluntarily go through another internal upheaval?

Second, we've had an embarrassment of managerial changes in the last decade. Pearson has been the only one who's even been relatively successful and it's done our credibility as a club no good at all.

Thirdly any new manager would be severely limited in what he could do until the new transfer window opens in January and, just as with previous changes, there would be great risk of widespread internal discontent which would hardly help our promotion chance for this season.

Given all the above I see no reason why sacking Pearson would improve our prospects for the current campaign, quite the contrary.

What's needed is to back the boss and his refreshingly attacking outlook and even, if necessary, assure him that there'll even be another close season, if necessary, to fine tune the team he's put together and to improve it's depth so we have a fairly solid base if and when we do go up.

In the past I believe Pearson has been too cautious and I've criticised him vehemently. But what he's giving us now isn't the sort of team that went to away games and hardly had a shot on target or an attack worth watching. I had quite enough of that, thanks.

There's no certainties in football because everyone else wants some glory too.

But at least now we're showing some attitude and having a go. While that continues the bloke will get my backing and the best of luck to him.

Why would they not stick with him. Ignoring the debacle against Burton which was predominantly a reserves outing for all that it was an embarrassment, we've completed four league matches so far and have played our part in three scintillating games in which we've been positive, entertaining and damned unfortunate not to remain unbeaten.

Today we've inflicted the season's first defeat on the freescoring league leaders and recent Premiership side, Blackpool. Last week we outplayed another team relegated from the Premiership in Blackburn and we also gave a vigorous account of ourselves at Charlton.

Instead of the cautious, turgid rubbish we've been subjected to far too often over recent seasons the games have been packed with incident and we've been positive almost throughout.

We also got individuals worth watching, a seemingly good crop of youngsters coming through for the first time in a while and all this on spending much less money than in the wasteful days of Sven.

At long last we seem to be recognising that we need to score goals to have any chance of promotion and that is clearly the new Pearson philosophy even if the "goals for" column might not reflect that intent.

So, while there are positive reasons for the owners to remain patient there are negative ones too. First why, with such a promising team, would we voluntarily go through another internal upheaval?

Second, we've had an embarrassment of managerial changes in the last decade. Pearson has been the only one who's even been relatively successful and it's done our credibility as a club no good at all.

Thirdly any new manager would be severely limited in what he could do until the new transfer window opens in January and, just as with previous changes, there would be great risk of widespread internal discontent which would hardly help our promotion chance for this season.

Given all the above I see no reason why sacking Pearson would improve our prospects for the current campaign, quite the contrary.

What's needed is to back the boss and his refreshingly attacking outlook and even, if necessary, assure him that there'll even be another close season, if necessary, to fine tune the team he's put together and to improve it's depth so we have a fairly solid base if and when we do go up.

In the past I believe Pearson has been too cautious and I've criticised him vehemently. But what he's giving us now isn't the sort of team that went to away games and hardly had a shot on target or an attack worth watching. I had quite enough of that, thanks.

But at least now we're showing some attitude and having a go. While that continues the bloke will get my backing and the best of luck to him.

Good post, but in my opinion NP has never been a 'defensive' manager.

When he brought hull to our place they were very strong going forward, he just hasnt had the players until now that he has wanted.

He likes two attacking and skillful wingers, and it is only this season that we have had them.

absolutely spot on

Good post, but in my opinion NP has never been a 'defensive' manager.

When he brought hull to our place they were very strong going forward, he just hasnt had the players until now that he has wanted.

He likes two attacking and skillful wingers, and it is only this season that we have had them.

I've seen matches under Pearson when we hardly had a shot at all never mind a worthwhile shot on target. And I've seen him get a goal ahead and sit back so far it's a wonder the team didn't hurt themselves on the turnstiles. Thankfully those days seem long gone and I certainly don't want to spend time looking out the details.

I think there's a lot of people who just don't like Pearson as a man - which in some ways is understandable. IMHO you have to separate what you don't like about his personality from the qualities he has as a manager and he's easily the best we've had since MON.

Archived