Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stringfelow

How much longer will the owners stick with Pearson

There is a clear divide at the moment with our supporters, some want NP out and others want him to stay, and some of you may know that I have been pro pearson since his return.

Last season while at the club NP said that there was something wrong, which he needed to change, which we all assume he means players. If there are a lot of big egos who believe they are too good for this club, or there are too many bad attitudes which encourage others to become complacent, then performances will suffer and that is what NP is trying to prevent.

We bought in a variety of different players over the summer. A target man (futacs), a lower league goalscorer (vardy), a tricky winger with flair (knocky), expeirenced defernder (whitbread) as well as De Laet and James. The sort of players which IMO give clear signals that NP has been promised time (2-3 seasons at least) to build not only a side, but a club, something he did with us during our last spell, and also during his time at Hull.

And in my opinion the club is going about it the right way.

However, with lack of further activity, concern has been caused. Whilst somewhat pleased we have got rid of beckford for now (40k a week is not worth 9 league goals),but i do not understand why he has taken so long.

Anyone who he wanted out, should have gone with the others at the end of last season. If we had managed to ship a few off the wage budget i believe we could have bought in some decent players tonight.

Adam le fondre, billy sharp, ashley westwood etc.

I understand the concern with NP with regards to our current squad and the wage system, and IMO he believes a complete overhaul is needed (something which I agree with), to clear out the likes of St Ledger and Gallagher who are likely to be on large contracts from the Sven era.

If we had NP in charge last season, i believe things would have been different. Maybe we would not have got promotion, but we would be in the advanced stages of what we are trying to achieve now.

So far NP has got his players performing, vardy, de laet, morgan, marshall, knocky etc.

The project which NP has started will take time, the mercenary Sven decided to put almost all players on wages which cannot be matched by other championship clubs, so for now we will have to wait and keep hold of them.

NP has been given a job where he has to solve the problems we had last season, and that cannot be done in the space of 3-4 months.

Whether you like the manager or not, support him, he is the figurehead of our club.

Idiot.

You obviously have't seen us us play

Also, there's no money in the pot for more wages what do you want NP magic money out his arse, he tried to move 3 higher earners on so he could shuffle the deck, but only managed to move one of them on, it's not his fault the previous regime rewarded them so handsomely

How do you know he tried to move 3 players on ?? how do you know there high earners??

this was the excuse people was trying weeks ago with the likes of gally wellens etc, saying if they was still here at the new season it would be down to not being able to shift them, yet he soon managed to shift MM so maybe he actually wants the players in the squad..

How do you know he tried to move 3 players on ?? how do you know there high earners??

this was the excuse people was trying weeks ago with the likes of gally wellens etc, saying if they was still here at the new season it would be down to not being able to shift them, yet he soon managed to shift MM so maybe he actually wants the players in the squad..

Because plenty of proper sources have been on about it all day & no I'm not on about Bert, but the local papers Becks & Gally to Huddesfield & Gally & SSL to Ipswich... and of course they're high earners. The sticking point in each case was that they weren't willing to foot the wages and quite right we weren't willing to subsidise those players to play for someone else, we may as well keep them

Loan deals can still happen though so one or all of them can still leave and we'll probably get for 5 loans in with the money we'll be saving and we'll still be up on the deal thanks to the wages thrown around in the Sven era

Because plenty of proper sources have been on about it all day & no I'm not on about Bert, but the local papers Becks & Gally to Huddesfield & Gally & SSL to Ipswich... and of course they're high earners. The sticking point in each case was that they weren't willing to foot the wages and quite right we weren't willing to subsidise those players to play for someone else, we may as well keep them

Loan deals can still happen though so one or all of them can still leave and we'll probably get for 5 loans in with the money we'll be saving and we'll still be up on the deal thanks to the wages thrown around in the Sven era

so papers say it it must be true lol.. funny how stories like this are proper sources when convenient..

so papers say it it must be true lol.. funny how stories like this are proper sources when convenient..

By proper sources, I meant not Twitter ******, but it's hardly like the Ipswich Times or whateveerr it's called will sit there all day saying that Gally is in talks... no we're not paying those wages unless you subsidise them and then we go ok the deal is off.

By proper sources, I meant not Twitter ******, but it's hardly like the Ipswich Times or whateveerr it's called will sit there all day saying that Gally is in talks... no we're not paying those wages unless you subsidise them and then we go ok the deal is off.

a lot of paper articles originate from these twitter ******.. just because its in a paper dont make it legit

Seems to me like none of you really know shit.

:yawn:

Col u missed the best one, King and the French Lad to start. It is not to hard understand that Kings fitness/ankle were being tested and at the moment the French Lad just don't have the level of fitness to play 90 at this level, he says so in his interview. Pointless to start them as you don't know what will occur in a match and it's best to make the right changes rather than being forced to reshuffle a team.

A lot depends on the owners and whether they want to make NP a scapegoat for their mistakes. If they accept that a lot of our problems are due to their bad business they may let him stay and try to rectify the errors of last season.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying NP is blameless and he has made mistakes since his return but a huge factor in our current plight was the lack of a proper transfer policy and of a Plan B last season and the owners have to take some responsibility for that.

Right. Today is a new start Nigel ..... I'm wiping the slate clean, I'm forgetting your previous dour interviews and dull hoofball style and I'm letting go of the hope of the new style in the first few games and even the awful evening on tuesday. I'm even forgetting letting your own first choice striker go, or at least letting him talk to other clubs (has he gone?), and it all starts today.

Today is the day you start to save your job, win the fans around and begin a challenge for the season. Fail and we have 3 points from 15 and I'm not sure you'll be here much longer, win and you have a couple of weeks to make your master plan stick and to make progress.

COYB!!!!

Right. Today is a new start Nigel ..... I'm wiping the slate clean, I'm forgetting your previous dour interviews and dull hoofball style and I'm letting go of the hope of the new style in the first few games and even the awful evening on tuesday. I'm even forgetting letting your own first choice striker go, or at least letting him talk to other clubs (has he gone?), and it all starts today.

Today is the day you start to save your job, win the fans around and begin a challenge for the season. Fail and we have 3 points from 15 and I'm not sure you'll be here much longer, win and you have a couple of weeks to make your master plan stick and to make progress.

COYB!!!!

JB did not go, and he is 3rd choice not 1st.

JB did not go, and he is 3rd choice not 1st.

What happened, was it simply the paperwork not being completed in time?

3rd choice for me too, but not according to NP who started him in the first game of the season with a full squad to choose from.

COYB!!!!

Hoofball???

You really haven't seen us play, therefore I have to wonder about everything you say.

I don t really know what happened with the Beckford stint some Huddersfield supporters saying they saw him up there yesterday.

Don't know why it didn't happen, though team morale can't be much better knowing the highest paid player will now at the most sit on the bench. Who the feck is pulling all the strings

think if we lose he will go

Sousa got 9 games league games? I can't see them suddenly sacking after FOUR league games.

Our league start is the same as last year one win and two losses. This year though the losses are away from home not at home, and the performances in those losses have been far better than those of last year.

Would people have said Sven was for the chop had we lost to Forest away last year? We ended up drawing the game. One points difference from what we'd be on if we lose today's game.

Why do people presume they have suddenly become even more ruthless and idiotic.

COYB!!!!

3 points from 12

Archived