Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stringfelow

How much longer will the owners stick with Pearson

I have been to all 4 games now and being very honest was not that impressed with our performance against Posh,but 3 points is 3 points

Against charlton we played better but no points and once more against Blackburn but no points ,as for Burton no matter how you look at it we were thrashed albeit we made changes but these changes are players that sit on the bench and are fighting for a first team place

There is something not right in my club and having high hopes for promotion this season here i am again with a head full of ???? is it the players not giving all, or Mr pearsons tactics but at the rate we are going, mid table is about all we can expect,looking at Shef Weds with Dave Jones that is what you call a good run 17 or 18 games under his management unbeaten ,he as installed a good balance in his side without spending a fortune and players on far less money than most of leicesters first team players and just like Reading last season ,what a fantastic run they went on , since MON we have never gone on a run like that not even when Mr Pearson was in charge when we were in league one, I dont want to start calling for Pearsons head yet but how many more results with him saying we played well but !!!! we need more desire on the pitch ,his excuse's with stringer on interview after the game's are wearing a bit thin

Well Blackpool coming up i will be there and i can see us with a winning result ,then lose to Wolves and i think that will be our season win a few lose a few and with 10 games to go all our fans get excited we are 5 or 6 points of a play of place ,and hopes we will make it ,then we will blow it, it's the same old leicester the nearly team ,then we have to go through it all over again thinking this is the year.

As for the title topic i realy think Pearson is on a tight rope and with our owners large investment they will start getting itchy feet sooner than they expected.

Stringfelow

I think (well hope) the owners understand what is required from our club, and they believe and agree with NP's vision.

The investment over the summer has mainly been towards youth, and therefore suggests immediate promotion is not a needs must like last season, but would be nice.

The suggestion that the wage bill needs to be trimmed also suggests that the owners are looking for our club to grow at a level upon which it can sustain itself.

I believe they trust and have bought into the Pearson project, which has the aim of long-term success, and us as fans need to take the short-term disappointment which comes with this in respect of what the club is trying to become.

We want to be a club which makes the reputation of certain players (marshall, drinkwater etc.), not buy them (beckford, pantsil, johnson) etc.

personally I dont think its right to get rid of the manager at this early stage...dont think the owners wouldnt want to either,,as they'd have to fork out more money to get rid of Pearson & his staff then more dough for a new manager and his staff..

then this new manager might want some of his own players in....more money....

see where Im going here?

as for Wednesday...they are playing with alot of confidence in some part imo....looking at Southampton last season..they did the same...we did too.

think we need stability within the managerial side of the club.

Where's the poll?!

Poland. :ph34r:

Member for 4 years, and this is your first post, lets hope it is another 4 years before your next one :P

Do you not get the irony in praising managers for doing what Pearson is trying to do, and then slating Pearson because he hasn't done it yet.

NP will get more time than Sven did because he is not looking for short term fixes, he is building for the long term, hence long term contracts for young promising players, not big expensive contracts for people past their best.

Have some patience and play the long game, even if we lose our next 2 games we will have played 3 of the best clubs in the league, it is not a disaster as long as we can get on a run against the smaller clubs, build some momentum.

Not really sure why people say that 1 defeat & it will be curtains

If they do they can fvck off, they've obviously learnt nothing and it will be beck to square one including paying him off... paying compensation for a new man... and a whole new side again spread out between next jan windows & next summer then next season will be yet another transition... when we've got better & better in each 3 games we've played and for the first time since NP was forced out we actually look like a team who can compete again

Also, how do we know NP hasn't been bought in to do what he can on a shoestring? It certainly seems to be heading that way. Who knows what NP's remit is & the expectation of those above him? People are pretty keen to push their opinions on to what they say the Thai's will do

I doubt very much that Pearson will lose his job if we lose on Saturday.

He came across on the radio tonight though as almost excessively aggressive.

Stringer, though I don't like him very much, was only doing his job as any reporter would.

I think Pearson sounded either just fooked off with Stringer or as a bloke under some pressure. Or both.

I think the Tues night game has probably gotten to him a little.

I think we will win on Saturday and need to.

The problem is expectation. People think we should win every game we play but there's a lot of good sides in the championship this year and plenty of teams are now able to splash the cash.

Think we missed the boat last season with our financial advantage and a weaker league.

The problem is expectation. People think we should win every game we play but there's a lot of good sides in the championship this year and plenty of teams are now able to splash the cash.

Think we missed the boat last season with our financial advantage and a weaker league.

:thumbup:

Let's be honest our first SIX games of this season have been the hardest we've possibly faced in our time in the championship. I would like to think the owners would see sense and know that Blackburn, Blackpool and I think Wolves are going to be very tough fixtures and stick with Pearson. I would give him the time required to get it right, we've seen the performances and we're more than capable of winning.

I am 100% behind Pearson and so should all the fans, the players he's brought in are youngish and hungry who want to make it in the big leagues. Yes they will fudge up and make some mistakes but who doesn't. I have great faith and can see us making it, just look at Reading last year.

in 5 years since 2007 we have had 7 managers and i feel we need to change our ways and start sticking with the manager.

Martin Allen 2007

Garry Megson 2007

Ian Holloway 07-08

Nigel Pearson first stint 08-10

Paulo Sausa 2010

SGE 2010-11

Nigel Pearson 2nd stint 11-?

Never gone on a good run since MON? How the flip did we get promoted under Adams an Pearson, and the playoffs under Pearson.

Maybe he forgot the 23-game unbeaten run we've been on under Pearson?*

*And before anyone brings up the fact that IT WAS IN LEAGUE ONE!!, the majority of Dave Jones' matches were in League 1 also.

Sacking managers every time we have a blip will get us nowhere i just cant believe some fans are asking for Pearson's head the reason we have had we little success over the past 10 years is because of constant change. Even if Blackpool hammer us which they might the fans NEED to stick with him because i honestly believe the negativity will rubs off onto the owners.

I don't really understand all this negativity.. We played ok against Posh (three points is the main thing), created many chances against Charlton which we didn't take and totally controlled the game at Ewood Park although, again, we didn't win. The game against Burton was poor, but these things happen in football, in the past we've seen the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal loose to lower league teams.

Since O'Neill, we have had good runs under Adams and under Pearson, as Corky mentioned; the 23 unbeaten run in League One. All Sheffield Wednesday are doing, is doing what most promoted teams do, including ourselves. They have the confidence since promotion which flows into this season, its the winning mentality.

I personally don't think Pearson uses any excuses. He is always honest post match, and I thought he was as honest as can be after the Burton game. I don't see how you think we'll loose to Wolves considering I doubt you've seen them play, and they arn't exactly setting the league on fire themselves... But then again, it's only three games. Do you really think the Reading forum was filled with negativity after their results? They won one game in the first month, and that was against us!

Archived