Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Knocky Interview...

Extended version of the snippet the other day.......

By succumbing to the lure of English Leicester (D2) this summer, the former Guingamp Knockaert Anthony has surprised everyone. While he was on the shelves of Montpellier, the 20-year international hopes justifies this choice of career by his attraction to English football, the Premier League with line of sight.

How is your acclimatization to English football?

Well! Infrastructure, facilities, everything around here is really another world. With everything they put in place for players to level of care, they are always behind us so we can be in the form of match day. That is already well advanced compared to France .

And sporting?

Since the beginning, it was three games, three times I was on the bench and I returned each time (since this interview, he held against Burton in League Cup and scored a goal from a free kick, ed) . The coach told me to be patient, that I had a good preparation. I am someone who never gives up. When I'll have time to play, I will prove that I'm here. My goal is to hold. Leicester must be a club where I show my qualities, in a year or two be in the Premier League. The goal is to climb the Premier League, if I can come up with them is even better. I do not want to stay in D2 English throughout my career.

Precisely, the choice to go to D2 English has surprised more than one ...

In France, there is that Montpellier has made ​​an offer. Other clubs have emerged, but did not offer. And Leicester came and offered me something serious, with the ambition to climb, and I was really pleased. As I dream of playing in England since I was little and I have the opportunity, I headed directly. Even if it is a D2 club, I'm not at all disappointed with my choice and I know I went in a beautiful place.

Precisely, the choice to go to D2 English has surprised more than one ...

In France, there is that Montpellier has made ​​an offer. Other clubs have emerged, but did not offer. And Leicester came and offered me something serious, with the ambition to climb, and I was really pleased. As I dream of playing in England since I was little and I have the opportunity, I headed directly. Even if it is a D2 club, I'm not at all disappointed with my choice and I know I went in a beautiful place.

Why it was not done with Montpellier?

My goal was to sign for them, but it did not happen because Guingamp too demanding (four million, ed.) Meanwhile, they were also on Charbonnier and they took it, so they dropped the case. Join the champion would have liked, but ... Another time, perhaps.

It was expected that you go?

At Guingamp, they knew that I was likely to leave. They took Fauré directly after my departure, so they expected.

You took advice from other players before signing?

I have some friends who play in England and told me that I would please like Gael Kakuta I know well. There is also another friend of the CFA Guingamp who now plays in English D5. He told me that even D5 English, he does not ever play in front of 10 000 spectators and I think it's great!

You say you dream of England since childhood, what makes you dream in?

Simply, for me, this is the best league in the world. When you look at an English game, there really is not shit and the quality of the game is really great. Here they all live for football, much more than in other countries. Here, football is really a priority for everyone.

It is better to play in a club in a D2 English club through Ligue 1 ?

Yes, because since I arrived here, I'm really impressed with the level of D2. Frankly, the French Ligue 2 next is almost nothing. When I see the intensity of training you have, this is really not the same world. Ultimately, I am much better here than Brest or a club like this, who plays for escape. With the team we have here, for me, keeping in Ligue 1, they would have easily. After maybe I'm wrong, but since I arrived, the level is still much higher than in French Ligue 2.

Especially financially, it is more advantageous to play D2 in English League 1 ...

Yes, there is that side too. D2 in English, most of the players are much better paid than those of the French Ligue 1!

So you have no regrets?

No, I'm really here, I like well. I'm really happy with my choice and I think I will not regret later, even if I had to make me forget. But it really is not my goal, I want to show that I have not come here for nothing.

Exactly, you're not afraid of making the same mistake that players like Le Tallec or Sinama Pongolle?

No, because they are examples to share. These are guys who are left very early in England. They had not done anything in France, they left very young in a big club. And major clubs, when you see the players on the field, it is difficult to impose. There, I still had two years training in France, and I want to see elsewhere. I went to a club where I can make my hole, where there are not too many big stars. For me to do my job and show people what I can do.

Your 11 goals in L2 last season were sufficient to prove that you valais?

I have nothing to prove to anyone. I do not trust myself to, and I will give up to get there.

What is your dream?

It would be to find a Premier League club and make my hole in England. Now that I have left France, the goal is to stay here!

The team hopes France also remains a goal?

Yes, I've been called recently, it really touched me, this is the reward for hard work. The goal is to stay there and to go to the Euro at the end of the year, it would be really nice. The last time I saw him, the coach told me to work fast and I fit in, because it is important.

Otherwise, how does it feel being spotted by Xavier Gravelaine?

(Laughs) It's true that it was he who spotted me in the North. It has become a friend is someone who really has a big heart, who followed us to know how it happened. Lately, I have not heard, I intended to call it!

What is your dream?

It would be to find a Premier League club and make my hole in England. Now that I have left France, the goal is to stay here!

So were just a stepping stone then. He's very ambitious.

Aren't we to all players?

Seemed more like he wants to go to an established PL club than to get us there.

Considering we beat off Newcastle to sign him, I don’t think he's particularly using us as a stepping stone.

He did have opportunities to join premiership sides and chose us instead.

Considering we beat off Newcastle to sign him, I don’t think he's particularly using us as a stepping stone.

Where does it say that?

Seemed more like he wants to go to an established PL club than to get us there.

"goal is to climb the Premier League, if I can come up with them is even better."

Reads to me like he wants to play in the Premier League, he'd rather do it with Leicester, but if that doesn't happen then he'd still like to play there. Can't see a whole lot wrong with that to be honest.

Leicester offer was the only one that En Avant de Guingamp accepted. They also received an offer from Montpellier, but considered not sufficient.

"goal is to climb the Premier League, if I can come up with them is even better."

Reads to me like he wants to play in the Premier League, he'd rather do it with Leicester, but if that doesn't happen then he'd still like to play there. Can't see a whole lot wrong with that to be honest.

That's how I read it too.

There's nothing wrong with ambition. I'd much rather have young and hungry players who want Premiership football than journeymen who are happy to see out their careers in the second tier.

That's an awful lot of money for us. If we met the asking price that's £3.2m.

Even the £2.7m fee meant we paid 3.5m euros.

Yeah, I didn't really believe that figure but could well be true with his comments about Mont' not wanting to pay that much. Large sum of money!! Thankfully he does actually look the dogs so far!!

Archived