Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Schlupp

Nobody has commented on this thread yet...shocking.

Schlupp deserves a special mention after today so nice one Chili_con_carne

Excellent performance from Schlupp, attacked and defended incredibly well, one of the best substitute performances by a Leicester player I have seen for a long time.

I would be willing to use him as the back up left-back, and maybe get rid of Waghorn on loan and get another striker.

Schlupp looks more than capable of doing a job at left-back or left-wing.

Quality Jeff absolute quality

Nobody has commented on this thread yet...shocking.

Schlupp deserves a special mention after today so nice one Chili_con_carne

Excellent performance from Schlupp, attacked and defended incredibly well, one of the best substitute performances by a Leicester player I have seen for a long time.

I would be willing to use him as the back up left-back, and maybe get rid of Waghorn on loan and get another striker.

Schlupp looks more than capable of doing a job at left-back or left-wing.

Quality Jeff absolute quality

Agree completely - one tackle close to the touchline was sublime, brilliantly timed, caught all the ball and told their forward his card was marked. Brilliant burst into the box and ball in too which deserved a finish. Can't see him out on loan now.

Perhaps it was Pearson's plan all along.

Bring in the strikers, convert Schlupp to LB and let him compete with Konch?

If Schlupp can repeat today's performance, I'm all for it. Very happy with his contribution today. Handled Matt Phillips very well.

Actually love the youth that we have coming through. Very promising times ahead (I hope!) - Marshall, Schlupp, Moore, Knockaert, James, Drinky. Can't wait to see how they do in a few years time.

He looked good. But I think it'd be shame to waste his finishing as he's clearly good at that. He just needs to work on other attributes to get himself more chances to finish.

He certainly looked a lot better than Konchesky today.

did well. does as he is told for the team, but he will want to be a striker.

He was great today but I have a feeling this would be true.

The fact is we don't know what him and Nige have talked about. He might be well up for it.

It doesn't matter that he wants to be a striker. Schlupp has far more chance of developing a career at left-back and today's performance was exactly what I'd hoped to see.

He had the pace, presence of mind and skill to create a great chance that Dyer somehow had saved and then produced an effective, no-nonsense performance as a defender against a decent player.

What a huge advantage it is for a team to have fast, energetic, skillful full-backs espcially if we're going to sustain attacks. .

That wasn't a spur of the moment decision, Schlupp clearly knew what the position was about and looked very comfortable. That super first tackle he put in on Phillips, you could tell Phillips' mind was somewhere between "This is surely some kind of joke" and "Let's see what the kid is made of", and Schlupp responded with the turn of pace to keep up with the winger and a perfectly timed challenge. Positionally he looked assured and he had the confidence to burst forward. I suspect they've been training him up for this, perhaps they didn't intend to have to use him in that role so soon but I believe that the management see him as a left back now.

Actually love the youth that we have coming through. Very promising times ahead (I hope!) - Marshall, Schlupp, Moore, Knockaert, James, Drinky. Can't wait to see how they do in a few years time.

It's very satisfying to see, and you would hope that we are finally beginning to reap the rewards of our excellent academy at last.

Pearson's policy of youth first does seem to be long-term and sustainable, pretty much all of the players you've mentioned have the potential to be mainstays for the club in this division and beyond.

Coupled with the lovely football we've been playing this season, these are exciting times. :)

It doesn't matter that he wants to be a striker. Schlupp has far more chance of developing a career at left-back and today's performance was exactly what I'd hoped to see.

He had the pace, presence of mind and skill to create a great chance that Dyer somehow had saved and then produced an effective, no-nonsense performance as a defender against a decent player.

What a huge advantage it is for a team to have fast, energetic, skillful full-backs espcially if we're going to sustain attacks. .

The best left-backs start off as forwards or wingers. Ashley Cole was a forward as a youngster.

If he can make left-back his position, he can go far. The cross he put in was excellent, the sort of cross that a forward makes, knowing what type of ball he'd want to receive. Defensively, he looked decent against Phillips, who we know is an accomplished player. At times, his positioning was a yard in the wrong place but it's encouraging.

Thrac, as someone who's watched a lot of youth football and seen him develop, do you think he can develop the full skill set for left back?

That wasn't a spur of the moment decision, Schlupp clearly knew what the position was about and looked very comfortable. That super first tackle he put in on Phillips, you could tell Phillips' mind was somewhere between "This is surely some kind of joke" and "Let's see what the kid is made of", and Schlupp responded with the turn of pace to keep up with the winger and a perfectly timed challenge. Positionally he looked assured and he had the confidence to burst forward. I suspect they've been training him up for this, perhaps they didn't intend to have to use him in that role so soon but I believe that the management see him as a left back now.

Well he did play there in pre season. And maybe even last season as well?

Great substitution and halted some of the growing pressure, very impressed by him, great player to have on the bench can cover lb law and striker, left sided utility man.

Was sceptical before about turning him into a left back, but having seen him play there was impressed.

I do see Schlupp's future role as more of an Ashley Cole type attacking wingback than a traditional full-back.

Bags of pace, good in the tackle and an attacking instinct. Handled correctly, he could honestly be as good for us as Kyle Naughton was a couple of seasons back.

Well he did play there in pre season. And maybe even last season as well?

Yeah I know, this factors in my opinion, I imagine he's been played there at youth level before as well, and I vaguely recall for the ressies last season?

It's very satisfying to see, and you would hope that we are finally beginning to reap the rewards of our excellent academy at last.

Pearson's policy of youth first does seem to be long-term and sustainable, pretty much all of the players you've mentioned have the potential to be mainstays for the club in this division and beyond.

Coupled with the lovely football we've been playing this season, these are exciting times. :)

Definitely. All the league matches have shown the potential towards the lofty heights we could reach.

Amazing what a good win does to you - brings out all sorts of optimism! The new era is upon us ;).

Archived