Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Penalty

That doesn't mean it wasn't a pen.

I don't understand what you mean - I got the chance to speak to Vardy in the player's lounge and he said it was never a penalty, but he did say he thought his first shout was. Why would it be a pen if the player felt otherwise.

I don't understand what you mean - I got the chance to speak to Vardy in the player's lounge and he said it was never a penalty, but he did say he thought his first shout was. Wht would it be a pen if the player felt otherwise.

Cos heez fick, innit.

NOT a penalty. Clearly got the ball and it was Vardy who fell into him to try get the penalty which is fair enough. Wasn't a dive though just momentum.

The Dyer one was more of a penalty as looked like he took Dyer and then the ball from behind. Not like Dyer would have scored anyway though :ph34r:

Take the blinkers off, it should never have been given....but it was so....

No blinkers on at all.

Like I said, I'd say if it wasn't one. I've always been honest if I've thought we got lucky with a decision.

The fact of the matter is he does trip Vardy before he plays the ball. How many people here have actually seen a replay?

Kitchandro is right though. Because he says so.

Was there any need for that?

Guest BlueBrett

I'm in total agreement with OP. Having seen replay it looks clear that he makes enough contact with Vardy to send him down and then plays the ball in a second movement. Foul. Penalty.

I've just seen the Hollowhead interview, what a willy puller. He's claiming that Vardy dived?!?! The he goes on to say things like 'we've got the technology, lets use it'. Claer as day that Gomez tackles Vardy before he touches the ball.

Serious ****, hope he stays angry for the rest of the international break. He's the biggest sore loser in the division. Only Wenger is worse.

But anyway, thanks for the 3 points, I know you like to give them away when you play us. willy puller.

Would everyone stop being so bloody nice!

It WAS a penalty cos the ref gave it.

It's time we had some decisions go in our favour don't you think?

Aren't these 'was it a penalty' type threads usually done when something goes against us, not for us?

Take it gratefully and move on. Next time it'll probably go against us!

I don't understand what you mean - I got the chance to speak to Vardy in the player's lounge and he said it was never a penalty, but he did say he thought his first shout was. Why would it be a pen if the player felt otherwise.

I'm not saying he's wrong, I'm just saying that

just because he didn't think it was a penalty, it doesn't mean it wasn't a penalty.

Vardy probably had the worst view of anybody in the stadium.

I'm not sure about it - it's a bit soft, and I've had been livid had we conceded a penalty like that, but the Dyer claim was stone-wall, so I don't give a shit. Didn't get a penalty then, got one later - problem solved and if Hollowhead wants to bitch, perhaps he should think about how they were ridiculously lucky not to concede one moments earlier and how they played so poorly and instead focus on fixing his team.

Why are people saying that it shouldn't be given.

You should be thankful, because we flaming deserved one, stop moaning and enjoy the win.

First people moan about getting dumped out of the League Cup, and thinking it's the end of the world. Now you are moaning whether we deserved a penalty or not.

I don't like doing this, but just got back from the game after being in the players lounge and Vardy was in there (along with Nuge and Konchesky) and I asked Vardy what he thought about the penalty. He was very honest and said it was never a penalty, but thought his first appeal that turned down was.

The first appeal was definitely a penalty from where I sat and Dyer's looked pretty conclusive too.

Why are people saying that it shouldn't be given.

You should be thankful, because we flaming deserved one, stop moaning and enjoy the win.

First people moan about getting dumped out of the League Cup, and thinking it's the end of the world. Now you are moaning whether we deserved a penalty or not.

Nobody's moaning. Stop moaning about people moaning when they're not moaning.

For holloway to say that Vardy dived and should've got a yellow card is, quite frankly, scandalous. He needs to sit down and re-watch the footage when he's calmed down. Vardy got in front of the defender who took his foot before the ball. Correct decision. Penalty.

Holloway has (again) made a fool of himself and should apologise to Vardy.

Archived