Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Penalty

I'd love to see peoples reactions if that was given against us.

Well I wouldn't have loved it, because it would probably have meant we'd lost, but you know what I mean, no-one would have accepted it was a peno if it was given against us.

Like I said in the other threads, gotta take the rough with the smooth guys.

Well I wouldn't have loved it, because it would probably have meant we'd lost, but you know what I mean, no-one would have accepted it was a peno if it was given against us.

Foul on Dyer was a stonewall pen and the defender was stupid making that sort of challenge on Vardy in the box, barged straight through him to get the ball was aways going to be given as a pen.

It was a penalty but craftily made by Vardy, i've done it myself defending years ago to get a free kick whilst playing a game.

two players going for the ball, you get in front of the other player and his momentum takes you down, the defender got played by Vardy ;)

If it was given against us I would say it was soft, as I said this one was, but there was contact in the box before he got the ball, the BBC commentators seemed to accept it was a pen on the highlights. After the one given against Morgan last season, when he won the ball passed it to the keeper and Nimley I think for Chaventry ran into the back of him, people on here were saying it was a penalty, this was a much clearer penalty than that.

Would everyone stop being so bloody nice!

It WAS a penalty cos the ref gave it.

It's time we had some decisions go in our favour don't you think?

Aren't these 'was it a penalty' type threads usually done when something goes against us, not for us?

Take it gratefully and move on. Next time it'll probably go against us!

Probably????

I think the first one on Vardy was 50/50, the foul on Dyer was a definite penalty and the one that was given was the worst of the 3 shouts, for me, Vardy changed direction purposely to run into the defender, looking for the penalty. I think the ref gave it because he made a mistake with Dyers. About time we had a goal scoring bad decision go our way though

Just watched the penalty claims again as I recorded it on Sky and the co commentator i think its Don Goodman really peed me off about how defensive he was for blackpool! Vardys first shout well I've seen them given before but Dyers? Absolute stonewall. Goodman was like he clearly got the ball WHAT GAME WERE YOU WATCHING!!!!! The actual penalty was soft but I can see why it was given so.... :scarf:

I've had a fair few fans of other clubs (mainly those ones who say they don't care about us?) blasting us for winning by that penalty and that we harassed the ref until we got what we wanted, the ref gave the penalty, Vardy didn't dive, it came down to the ref,we're hardly going to tell him we think the decision was wrong and we didn't want it.

We should have beat Charlton and things didn't go our way.

We should have beat Blackburn, there first goal was offside and we had a good goal disallowed.

We should have beat Blackpool and thank **** something went our way and we did.

I really don't care ifit was a penalty ornot, it's about time our dominance produced three points no matter how it comes.

We made them look like just another team we were steam rolling over, we were clearly the better side but things are so tighten this division you have totake nothing that comes along. Im sure Charlton an Zblackburn are happy with the three points the got regardless of being the poorer team.

Dyers definitely was a penalty for me, and how did Vardy dive?

He was pushed over if anything i think

Let's not forget Dyer was about to (attempt to!) tuck the ball into an empty net. It was a red card as well.

But no, Vardy "dived" and that's why we won. Never mind the countless chances we created. We created more opportunities in the 10 minutes after half time than Blackpool did in the entire match,

I like Holloway, but his reaction yesterday was ridiculous.

I don't think it was a 'dive' in the sense that there was no contact at all. He waited for the contact and went over, but I do agree it was a soft one, and we'd have been very unhappy if that had gone against us at the other end. However I was right in line with the first one on Vardy and it looked like a penalty, not a shoulder barge as they tried to brush it away with on Football League show, and the 2nd one on Dyer would arguably have been a red card for their right back.

I don't like Holloway, and his reaction yesterday was ridiculous. But hey, if it detracts from, what I thought was, a fairly average performance from his lot, then fair enough.

Let's not forget Dyer was about to (attempt to!) tuck the ball into an empty net. It was a red card as well.

But no, Vardy "dived" and that's why we won. Never mind the countless chances we created. We created more opportunities in the 10 minutes after half time than Blackpool did in the entire match,

I like Holloway, but his reaction yesterday was ridiculous.

I suppose all that matters is the ref gave the penalty, it will be recorded as a penalty scored by Marshall and as mentioned previously, there were two other very good shouts for penalties that should have been given, so I guess it evens out. I was disappointed with Hollaway's reaction and the fact he just walked down the tunnel at the end. I hope he apologised to Pearson afterwards. He is no doubt a marmite figure, but I do like his style of play and you know when you beat Blackpool you must have played well to out score them.

Come on guys... It was a bad call from the ref, we would have moaned about the standard of the refs yet again if that was given against us. I'm just pleased that for once we rode our luck and got on the right end of a bad decision, it makes a wonderful change.

All four could have been given, our three and their one, fortune for once smiled on us this season instead of bitch slapping us down as per usual, beating Blackpool will hopefully prove a turning point.

As for Hollowhead, who cares. sore loser that he is.

They were both penalties. For the second one the man trips Vardy with his leg before his foot goes anywhere near the ball. Didn't even realise til now that there was any controversy around it, but now I've seen it I can put the matter to bed for everyone. Deserved 3 points.

It's a shame this penalty decided the game. Regardless of whether it was or wasn't a penalty, Blackpool fans, Holloway, neutrals and pundits will no doubt claim 'Leicester were lucky'... But we was not. We created many chances, had two disallowed goals, and could/should have scored more than one.

what was this second disallowed goal people are talking about? i only remember the king one?

Archived