Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Birmingham Away.

In what way ?

In the way you think it's a new thing that people stand at away games lol

I wouldn't take a 5 year old to an away game unless they were prepared to stand up.

If you really don't want to stand up you should ask for a ticket on the front row or as close as you can get.

Its getting to the stage now where familys are not able to take there children to away games due to the fact that everyone stands. I am going Birmingham on Saturday and am taking my lad who is 5. I just hope that no one stands up to row 14 or Im going to have very achy arms :(

Well I'm row 9 and I'm going with a few mates and we're standing so... You should of got your ticket on the first few rows, that way you'd probably be able to sit down.

We have to stand because thats what all the proper hooligans do innit!

Deluded.

Or...because it makes for a better atmosphere, view and more of an "away-day feeling". You are right though, I go to away games and stand up to cause trouble. If they don't have any chicken-balti pies left, I'll ruin everyone's day.

Don't be ridiculous.

Guest lcfc80

just been on the website!!! What the hell has happened to that? Am I missing something there as I can't see a way of actually buying a ticket

also, are there any left for the match anyone know?

because any fans that do sit deserve their team to be relegated, deducted 15 points, and then for their tinpot shit small time club to be shut down, it is a ****ing embarasment.

Are you joking? It's more embarrassing when fans pretend to be some sort of hooligans.

Its getting to the stage now where familys are not able to take there children to away games due to the fact that everyone stands. I am going Birmingham on Saturday and am taking my lad who is 5. I just hope that no one stands up to row 14 or Im going to have very achy arms :(

Ask to have a seat near the front. A steward approached me at Scunthorpe and asked if me and my friends (on the 1st row) wouldn't mind swapping seats with an elderly group who had tickets near the top. I'm sure you can find someone on the front row who would gladly swap their seat for yours. I know you'll have a lesser view on the front row but at least it won't be obstructed by other people.

Surely there's enough empty seats to move to if there is a problem?

This is true yes. I've only been in sellouts at Gillingham, Swindon (in playoffs), Bournemouth, Spurs and Fulham (7K you know :o )

Some of the posts in this thread are almost laughable.

The fact is, the same argument is going to continue to rumble on until football supporters are given the choice as to whether they wish to sit or stand.

For those supporting either argument, for heavens sake write to your local MP and support the numerous Safe Standing campaigns that are currently running so that football fans are given the choice.

There are many reasons why people would prefer to either stand or sit, but I think belittling your own supporters for making their choice either way is a step too far. For what it's worth, I have a ticket for Birmingham on Saturday and I will be standing. If I am on a row towards the front, I will move. Simple.

It's close to you, that's why ;)

Fulham isn't too far from Charlton either. We would also have got beyond the 7K mark for Chelsea, which isn't that close, had they increased our allocation but then I suppose the same could be said for you in the case of Fulham. If given enough, I imagine most championship clubs would take a huge number of supporters to the high profile games.

At Burnley 2 seasons ago, the blokes on the row infront had to stand regardless as their crappy wooden seats only had slats on the back part, the seat part wasn't there at all for about 5 seats.

Home games I don't mind sitting, but away is a standing thing, I hate it when you get told to sit at away games, one reason why I won't go to Leeds again.

im on row 4 and would like to stand, will know i will get people moaning so if anyone wants to swap with me once in the ground (because one of the tickets its a student ticket) you are more than welcome too. just reply on this if you want to be on row 4 and have 2 seats higher up that i could swap with

This thread is absolutely hilarious lol lol

If you stand you're a hooligan. lol

If you sit you're team deserved to be relegated lol

And to make things worse the Charlton fan thinks they're massive because they took 7k to another part of the same city.

lol.

im going on Saturday with my 12 year old daughter who is tall,and my 9 year old,i have already told them im not moving as im selfish.She will be fine because of her height and im trying to convert my 9 year old to support Leicester instead of fooking Peterborough,he said he doesn't care that much if people get in the way ,but is looking forward to the shouting!!i dont usually take the kids but the Mrs is working and this is one of about 5 aways i get to a season,would love to go to more,but having kids and the Mrs always sorting going over friends can only manage a few.

Anyway,dont worry if you are in their way,they are already prepared.Feel free to say hello to the lad need to convert him.

Archived