Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Craig Davies- Barnsley Striker

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11712/8140920/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Barnsley face a battle to keep hold of star striker Craig Davies beyond the January transfer window, Sky Sports understands.

The Wales international has made an outstanding start to the new season with seven goals, including four in their demolition of Birmingham City.

Now the 26-year-old, who is out of contract next summer, is attracting interest from the Premier League as well as some rival Championship clubs.

Sky Sports understands that Stoke, Wigan, Leeds and Leicesterspacer.gif are all keeping tabs on Davies.spacer.gif

Davies joined Barnsleyspacer.gif in the summer of 2011 on a free transfer from Chesterfieldspacer.gif after finishing top scorer in League Two and he hit double figures with the Tykes last term.

3 from 9 when he is just settling in to the team and league not too bad...

This. He's jumped 3 leagues for goodness sake! I'm very pleased from what I've seen from him so far. We don't need another striker. We've got plenty.

This. He's jumped 3 leagues for goodness sake! I'm very pleased from what I've seen from him so far. We don't need another striker. We've got plenty.

weve got plenty?? what happens if one gets injured or suspended... or off form even...

No mate, you seen the goals Vardy is banging in and the chances he's taking week in week out?

You know we lost to Burton at home 4-2 quite recently, that was a pretty bad result. We should've sacked Pearson then, because that wasn't good enough.

Just because Vardy's had a mediocre start doesn't mean he won't be good for us in the future - I'm sure there are countless players people could name who started badly and improved massively as their time here went on. Give him a chance please, Pearson is sticking with him because he believes he'll come good.

weve got plenty?? what happens if one gets injured or suspended... or off form even...

Get in an emergency loan. We don't need to sign a player permo for the sake of filling one's boots for a period of time...

Guest BlueBrett
Did anyone see him against Brum, tore them apart, and scored 4 I think in the second half. Would be a very good addition in my opinion!

Wouldn't say he tore them apart, Birmingham were just awful. Fair enough he put them away but I think half the strikers in the league would have filled their boots that day

Get in an emergency loan. We don't need to sign a player permo for the sake of filling one's boots for a period of time...

an emergency loan would want time to settle in, not be a usual target, and here for a short time where as an identified target could settle in, be ready for action, challenge for a place,

nothing wrong with getting another striker in, especially one whos not going to break the bank..

the season is a long way to go yet..

Archived