Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Playoffs/top 2?

I'd also be happy enough with the top 6 as I didn't expect us to be pre-season. But now we're in 2nd there's no way I'd take 3rd. Nigel wouldn't, he believes we can get in the autos and I bet a fair few on here think we can as well. There's a long way to go but the league is wide open, we should be aiming to finish as high as we can.

Finish 3rd and you could be left with nothing.

I wouldn't take third now as that doesn't win you anything and failing in the play-off's will get you the same as anything outside the top six, Championship football for another season. I'm not a particularly demanding fan though and as long as we give it our best shot I wouldn't be critical of any top-six place, be it third or sixth. While it's achievable though we should be looking at automatic promotion and even the title, and why not? Obviously there are some very good sides in this league, as always, but we are one of them and with momentum and confidence and perhaps a bit of luck with injuries throughout the season we can match anyone I feel.

I wouldn't take third now as that doesn't win you anything and failing in the play-off's will get you the same as anything outside the top six, Championship football for another season. I'm not a particularly demanding fan though and as long as we give it our best shot I wouldn't be critical of any top-six place, be it third or sixth. While it's achievable though we should be looking at automatic promotion and even the title, and why not? Obviously there are some very good sides in this league, as always, but we are one of them and with momentum and confidence and perhaps a bit of luck with injuries throughout the season we can match anyone I feel.

Yeah I shouldn't have put 3rd, just meant play off place really. I agree with all of that though

Absolutely. The record for teams who finish in third getting promoted via the play offs is awful.

Think it has finally improved last few years, my main reason is if we ended up 6th I would be yes we made it in the play offs! and if we finished 3rd I would be like Shit! We ended up in the play offs!

Think it has finally improved last few years, my main reason is if we ended up 6th I would be yes we made it in the play offs! and if we finished 3rd I would be like Shit! We ended up in the play offs!

Yeah I think you're right there. Didn't West Ham finish third last season?

You make a good point. Personally my opinion is that I think this squad and balance we have is good enough for the top 2. I don't think we'll do it mind.

Long time to go yet boys!

If we can keep playing the way we are and avoid injury and suspension to our key players at precisely the wrong time, there's no reason why we can't finish in the top 2. It doesn't appear that there's anyone better than us at the moment. If i'd have been offered a play off place at the start of the season i'd have ripped their hands off and i'd still happily take it but i'm now hoping for better, which I didn't think we would be capable of this season.

Archived