Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Bentleys Roof...........

Crazy notion this mate, but I hear some people actually manage to raise money charity, sometimes even more than once a year, and don't use it as an excuse to act like a C-unt for the other 364 days of the year.

lol you tell them Manny

Crazy notion this mate, but I hear some people actually manage to raise money for charity, sometimes even more than once a year, and don't use it as an excuse to act like a C-unt for the other 364 days of the year.

I agree with you completely. My post was partly tongue in cheek.

I must say they do seem an unsavoury bunch of chaps over there. Most posts revolve around the good old days of the baby squad.

Never seen athread about the baby squad on Bentleys. Most of the posts are about Filbert Street and how crap the Walkers is now.

Fair points.

But don't forget that they raise some money for charity every year which they probably feel wipes the slate clean when it comes to the racism, bullying and general air of cliquey unpleasantness which raises its head on an almost daily basis.

Its a message board. Its like the TV if you dont like the channel then dont watch it. Sorry that all message boards cant be all PC with everyone saying how they agree with everything in the world.

i never noticed the irony of this board before. complaints about racism on br, followed here by jokes about jimmy savile and a poster who has jiggly boobs as his avatar (so paedophiles and sexism are ok but racism isn't).

plus all the slagging of players that went down like a lead balloon here. well guess what gallagher and wellens are out on loan. nfp finally found them out, oh dear that must hurt.

what a pathetic post. no it doesn't excuse anything, only you lot seems to think it does. but a lot of hard work goes into their charity event. as an aside we just had a virtual whipround for the family of a poster who suffered a tradegy and came up with 500 nicker. going to be a plaque in the garden for them. how does it feel to belittle that kind of warmth of spirit???

Crazy notion this mate, but I hear some people actually manage to raise money for charity, sometimes even more than once a year, and don't use it as an excuse to act like a C-unt for the other 364 days of the year.

i never noticed the irony of this board before. complaints about racism on br, followed here by jokes about jimmy savile and a poster who has jiggly boobs as his avatar (so paedophiles and sexism are ok but racism isn't).

plus all the slagging of players that went down like a lead balloon here. well guess what gallagher and wellens are out on loan. nfp finally found them out, oh dear that must hurt.

Oops so sorry about the 'jiggly boobs' just trawling the net for a pic of a guy doing the same, god forbid i dont want to upset you, is that ok Tony?

Guest BlueBrett

Say what you like about Bentley's Roof but you have to at least give their regular posters some credit for sticking with such an ugly, browser unfriendly site for so long. I've tried to have a look a few times but never lasted more than 5 minutes.

What have boobs got to do with sexism lol

what a pathetic post. no it doesn't excuse anything, only you lot seems to think it does. but a lot of hard work goes into their charity event. as an aside we just had a virtual whipround for the family of a poster who suffered a tradegy and came up with 500 nicker. going to be a plaque in the garden for them. how does it feel to belittle that kind of warmth of spirit???

How does it feel to belittle your chairty events? Great, as I say your not the only ones that raise money for charity and believe it or not some people seem to be able to raise more and more often, all without a) setting an example to kids that the best way to win a friendly charity game is violence cheating and picking on 5 foot 17 year old lads when your a 6 foot full grown man and b) thinking the world owes them something.

How does it feel to belittle your chairty events? Great, as I say your not the only ones that raise money for charity and believe it or not some people seem to be able to raise more and more often, all without a) setting an example to kids that the best way to win a friendly charity game is violence cheating and picking on 5 foot 17 year old lads when your a 6 foot full grown man and b) thinking the world owes them something.

/

On Bentl;eys Roof at the moment there is a picture showing Walsh & Elliott.

Did you moan when they went through younger, smaller players or did you (like the vast majority of us) cheer?

Man up

/

Did you moan when they went through younger, smaller players or did you (like the vast majority of us) cheer?

Man up

You do realize there's a difference between professional football games (where winning is everything, even if it means winning ugly and/or dirty) and a charity game (where it is all about the good cause), right?

/

Man up

They are playing profesional football you dick, not a charity game, there is a difference. There is also a difference in them "going through" someone and you lot sything us from all directions to the point you'd of finished with 6 players on the field if it weren't for the fact that the bent ref you organised for the day was under strict instructions to let you get away with what you wanted.

But if you want to condone breaking teenagers ribs and grabbing them by the throat by pointing out that other people do it than good for you.

You don't like Bentleys Roof because 4 or 5 people from the roof went OTT?

You're going to have a lonely life if you generalise like that.

You do realize there's a difference between professional football games (where winning is everything, even if it means winning ugly and/or dirty) and a charity game (where it is all about the good cause), right?

Wouldn't Sunday League drop somewhere between the 2?

Don't forget they were playing for a trophy.

;)

They are playing profesional football you dick, not a charity game, there is a difference. There is also a difference in them "going through" someone and you lot sything us from all directions to the point you'd of finished with 6 players on the field if it weren't for the fact that the bent ref you organised for the day was under strict instructions to let you get away with what you wanted.

But if you want to condone breaking teenagers ribs and grabbing them by the throat by pointing out that other people do it than good for you.

Yep, we're all to blame

Don't forget they were playing for a trophy.

;)

Yep, we're all to blame

If the owners/ people who run the site/ majority of posters condoned or defended the actions then yes, 'Bentlys roof' absolutely take the blame for it

You are bang out of order, Hackney, If you would turn round and say something like " yeah shocking behavior.... but it wasnt me" you'd get some sort of ' fair point' comment...

but its recent posts in this thread that puts people under the same banner....

I primarly don't like it because it's a shit forum. I am not the one who started this conversation , I had no intention of even posting in here until this

I Saw them old men beat the Foxestalk all stars a few years back, bloody funny it was

Hilarious

and It was more than four or five, and given that your team was made up of 14, 15 men and a ref from Bentleys Roof who have all at some point tried and failed to justify and excuse the way you behaved and seem to think some of the things you did that lead up to someone being hospitalised were "Funny" I feel quit comfortable "generalising"

If you roofers want to come on here and start gobbing off about your fantastic footballing performance that day don't be suprised when I point you out for the cheating thugs you are. I've been involved with Saturday and Sunday morning football for 6 years and it's still the biggest farce of a game I've been involved in.

If the owners/ people who run the site/ majority of posters condoned or defended the actions then yes, 'Bentlys roof' absolutely take the blame for it

You are bang out of order, Hackney, If you would turn round and say something like " yeah shocking behavior.... but it wasnt me" you'd get some sort of ' fair point' comment...

but its recent posts in this thread that puts people under the same banner....

Perhaps people should just let it go now though. Time heals and all that...

So come on then... clearly a lot of bitterness over this 'charity' game can someone explain what happened on the day sounds juicy? when was it? is there a match report in an older thread? I'll reserve judgement till I hear what happened but personally I play Sunday League and the Foxes Talk lot seem a bit babyish about the whole thing.

Archived