Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Bentleys Roof...........

Well as Zingari said they will enrich the site . You know how you lot just love to rip apart the out of touch brigade , it will be like feeding time at the zoo. :D :D :D :D

Well it will provoke debate put it that way. I'm sure Mark will be pleased with the extra visits to this site. Lets just say I don't agree with many on that site and I'm far from being a left wing tree hugger. FT is by far the best site for LCFC fans.

Really.

Well I must be reading another BR in a parallel universe.

Nothing aganist you Zingari. I enjoy your posts but please be fair a lot of posters on BR are out of touch. The majority of FT posters are sensible and have balanced views.

:thumbup: I hear what you're saying an I must admit my visits to the roof were rare because of the "pages from ceefax" look of the site . But I'm confident that there are some decent blokes among them to stimulate a bit of debate .

Let's not tar them all with the same brush , and I'm really confident that the mods on FT will sort 'em out as and when .

They always have in the past :)

A bunch of old dinosaurs and wannabe hooligans with a touch of racist humor for dessert.

I must say they do seem an unsavoury bunch of chaps over there. Most posts revolve around the good old days of the baby squad.

Fair points.

But don't forget that they raise some money for charity every year which they probably feel wipes the slate clean when it comes to the racism, bullying and general air of cliquey unpleasantness which raises its head on an almost daily basis.

Fair points.

But don't forget that they raise some money for charity every year which they probably feel wipes the slate clean when it comes to the racism, bullying and general air of cliquey unpleasantness which raises its head on an almost daily basis.

The Jimmy Savile defence.

The Jimmy Savile defence.

Wes Morgan and the boys should adopt the Jimmy Saville defence which of course means keeping it as tight as possible at the back. Also every time a striker comes close shouting "now then, now then young man" whilst tugging at their shorts would no doubt put them off their stride.

Sorry :blush:

Wes Morgan and the boys should adopt the Jimmy Saville defence which of course means keeping it as tight as possible at the back. Also every time a striker comes close shouting "now then, now then young man" whilst tugging at their shorts would no doubt put them off their stride.

Sorry :blush:

That defence is only successful in in the Academy, it just doesn't translate to the professional leagues.

I like Bentleys Roof, never posted on there but often read it. For all the moaning about them being a bunch of miserable old men etc, you could argue that this gaff is full of a load of spotty little urchins who talk absolute drivel. If some of them lot want to come and post on here they can do, we're all Leicester fans at the end of the day and it might make this forum even better.

I started my forum life on Bentley's until Mark set up this one, I still post the occasional topic on subjects that i feel all LCFC fans might be interested in although i did get accused of being a racist for posting on there :dunno: .

They can be ultra critical about this forum and the views of some posters on our more controversial players, Wellens, Gallagher and Dyer and use the sadly boring view of it being full of kids, Glass house and stones spring to mind when I read some of the childish disagreements they get wrapped up in. I would say all in all we have some pretty decent intelligent debates on here without getting too abusive and certainly not as hysterically childish as they do.

But there's some great fans on there like there is on .here and I've met many from both sites.

Now Talking Balls is different again, once visited twice shy after my visit there and the global abuse I got for offering a different football perspective.

I like Bentleys Roof, never posted on there but often read it. For all the moaning about them being a bunch of miserable old men etc, you could argue that this gaff is full of a load of spotty little urchins who talk absolute drivel. If some of

them lot want to come and post on here they can do, we're all Leicester fans at the end of the day and it might make this forum even better.

Correct

Personally always enjoyed the odd read of Bentleys. Some great memories of games in days gone by as well as some touching sentiments about a city of Leicester I'm too young to have known.

Plus the disgusting racism seemed few and far between and was always thankfully shot down by the majority on there.

Personally always enjoyed the odd read of Bentleys. Some great memories of games in days gone by as well as some touching sentiments about a city of Leicester I'm too young to have known.

Plus the disgusting racism seemed few and far between and was always thankfully shot down by the majority on there.

The same as on here then basically.

Now Talking Balls is different again, once visited twice shy after my visit there and the global abuse I got for offering a different football perspective.

lol I know what you mean, by my 3rd post on there I was already in a stand up row with Macky. Luckily for me I've always been an argumentative git and I get on alright on there now.

I''ve got to come in on this one.Remember the old saying 'Don't judge a book by its cover'? Well, I reckon that's precisely what some folk contributing to this thread are doing.

It takes all sorts to make a world but I can tell you that there are some great personalities on Bentleys ,- salt of the earth - genuine City fans who don't take life too seriously and can have a laugh.

So let's have less of this 'more righteous than thou' attitude and if you don't like what's being said, argue your own corner .

Slagging folk off for the sake of it is puerile

How rude!

There is a side bar you know.

http://bentleysroof.co.uk/forum/

In there we have cakes, crosswords, real ale and a skittles league. The only unwritten rule is that you have to be nice. If you do pop in try not to sit in anyones seat else you might hear the odd harrumph.

At the minute our bar maid Samantha is out, she's had to nip off to the coast for a spot of lobster fishing with some lads on their boat. They never forget where they dropped their pots 'cause it's where Samantha tossed a large buoy over the side.

I''ve got to come in on this one.Remember the old saying 'Don't judge a book by its cover'? Well, I reckon that's precisely what some folk contributing to this thread are doing.

It takes all sorts to make a world but I can tell you that there are some great personalities on Bentleys ,- salt of the earth - genuine City fans who don't take life too seriously and can have a laugh.

So let's have less of this 'more righteous than thou' attitude and if you don't like what's being said, argue your own corner .

Slagging folk off for the sake of it is puerile

I think you should address that to Bentley's as well there's been many a topic on there who's only aim is to belittle the posters on Foxestalk.

I think you should address that to Bentley's as well there's been many a topic on there who's only aim is to belittle the posters on Foxestalk.

Fair comment Davie but like I said, it takes all sorts to make a world whether it's FT or Bentley's.

Not been on to BR myself,but this is turning into a "my dads bigger than your dad "debate.

There are some good posters on here and some complete tvats and I'm sure it's the the same on BR,I will reserve judgement for the time being,it takes all sorts to contribute to make it an interesting thread,so I will just wait and see,the more the merrier.

Some great replies and comments, there are some absolute terrible posters on the original Roof and they account for a small minority and most roofers ignore them, the alternate roof is a pretty chilled place and they seem to have a laugh and get on with each other even though they are original roofers.

Simple answer is its your choice to have a look or ignore but the original roof might still come down......😧

Yes well you were playing rather well and that could not be allowed to continue . ( it's the Bentley's way )

lol I can't even get past the first page without saying something so sorry.

No problem with you playing phisically, even with two footed challanges if their officated properly, at all, the assault on a minor and the ref being on your books is what I take issue with.

Fair points.

Crazy notion this mate, but I hear some people actually manage to raise money for charity, sometimes even more than once a year, and don't use it as an excuse to act like a C-unt for the other 364 days of the year.

Archived