Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzy1981

Premier team

Massively jumping the gun and if all goes to plan etc etc....but based on what people have seen so far this season/last what players in our current squad do people feel have the quality to step up to be a regular in the premiership?

Out of the players we have I think there are 4 that are capable of playing regularly in the prem and holding their own. Schmeichel, Marshall, Knocky, Drinkwater. A team would need to be built around them I feel, and we'd need to improve on all the other areas of the pitch to not be relegation fodder

What quite a few teams have shown recently, is that quality of individuals is not the key to staying up, it is the quality of the team.

If this team is good enough to get up, it is good enough to stay up, we will need some new additions and a bit more strength in depth, but there isn't one weak link, and after a season playing together, for some their first full season as a professional, we will improve enormously. The trick will be strengthening the squad without destroying morale and disrupting team spirit.

Anyway it is a long way off now, but there is not one of the first 11 that I don't think would be able to play in a successful premiership squad.

It's about the team just as much as it is about individual players capabilities. I don't think there's any who'd get 'found out' as such like I think Bamba would have been. I'd be slightly concerned about Konchesky, Vardy, Danns, Gally, Waggy.

Honestly, why, why, why have you started this topic? It's only 10 games in! You are just asking for us to finish 11th.

Whilst ill be the first to admit that I'm no expert on the matter, Im not quite sure how a thread on a forum will affect the finishing position of LCFC over the course of a season. Its just a topic for people to either chat about or not. Kind of what forums are all about

Don't know, many of the players are new and will still & improve through the season

Injuries aside Drinkwater & King could be immense as they grow together, Morgan & Whitbread might be too (but obviously as it's so early we don't know), Nugent will be able to cut the mustard & with the ever improving Kasper behind them we have a strong enough spine to finish 4th bottom as long as the work ethic & tempo stays high, to do better than that though we'd need a sprinkling of new players

Be very concerned about Konch though, he's been shown up in this division enough times, never mind the Prem

the great thing about Pearson though is that thanks to their age, everyone is going to get better all the time, Knocky, Marshall, Drinky, James, De Laet, Vardy etc...

Whilst ill be the first to admit that I'm no expert on the matter, Im not quite sure how a thread on a forum will affect the finishing position of LCFC over the course of a season. Its just a topic for people to either chat about or not. Kind of what forums are all about

That has sent us down to 13th now. :D

4063924.jpg

It puts an uncontrolable ammount of pressure on the players that read Foxestalk causing them to make mis calculated passes and shots. October international break 2000 we were top of the Premiership and because of 1 topic that was on Foxetalk asking if we were going to win the league we ended up relegated and bottom of the Premiership the next season.

Thank you. I knew as soon as I put this up I would get someone telling me it's a waste of time. Having supported the club for 31 years in the words of Nige I certainly have no 'delusions of grandeur'. Just thought topics were a bit flat on forum at present and why not dream a dream!

I agree with peoples comments RE: building a strong team not just individuals and hopefully by the end of the season we would have this. Got a feeling we might recruit a young CB/LB in Jan though to potentially groom for the prem if we are looking strong still.

Out of the players we have I think there are 4 that are capable of playing regularly in the prem and holding their own. Schmeichel, Marshall, Knocky, Drinkwater. A team would need to be built around them I feel, and we'd need to improve on all the other areas of the pitch to not be relegation fodder

Marshall is a reserve now

Marshall is a reserve now

I wouldn't say so. The other wingers, Dyer and Knockaert, are in decent form at the minute so Marshall has to break into the side again. I personally wouldn't call him 'a reserve' though, he is still an important player that brings alot to the team.

Imagine this question being put after we beat Crystal palace in the play off final. We had no idea if Lennon -Izzet - Claridge -Heskey etc would make it at the next level. As it turned out we did not need a major rebuilding and finished tenth and the League Cup in our first season. So who knows what player/players of the current squad will make the grade.

Archived