Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Brummie

Today's game..

The match stats suggest differently. I am happy with 55% possession

As a manager, if my team has the greater possession but is toothless infront of goal and doesn't look like scoring for 85 minutes. I take them off the pitch disappointed and we go back to the drawing board

As a manager, if my team has the greater possession but is toothless infront of goal and doesn't look like scoring for 85 minutes. I take them off the pitch disappointed and we go back to the drawing board

You must be suicidal watching Brum then, though you think you'd be used to it by now.

Ok we can change it to this decade if you like?

From 2010 onwards...

Well that's not a full decade is it? Come back in 2020 and we'll discuss Leicester's moderately successful decade compared to Birmingham's decade in the wilderness.

Tell you what I'll pick a period of time and compare the two clubs. August 2012 to date. We're top of the league and you're 20th and 10 points behind us.

- We beat a full strength Arsenal side who were top of the Premiership, at a time when the League Cup was it's strongest [won by United, Spurs and Liverpool prior to us; you beat Tranmere Rovers....yes, that's TRANMERE ROVERS in the Worthington Cup 12 years ago

In the League Cup final a couple of years ago? Arsenal were not full-strength and they were not top of the Premiership, and you won it by the sheer dumb luck of an individual error having been dominated the entire match. As for Tranmere, who else were we supposed to beat? And what about the road to the final, you think we got a bye every time?

And since 2010, the only difference is your relegation. One play-off finish each, and your worthless Eurotrip. How'd that go by the way, did you win it? Can't say I watched any of your games.

You must be suicidal watching Brum then, though you think you'd be used to it by now.

We don't dominate possession.

We get chances, we take them, then we see the game out.

Like a formidable machine from Italian football. On the odd occaision a fat bloke will come on, have a pop from 40 yards, the wind will carry the ball, it'll hit one post, roll along the line, hit another post and gift the opposition an underserved equaliser, and their fans will celebrate like they've won the world cup.

But hey ho, that's the risk we take playing such tactics.

Leicester looked a very ordinary side yesterday playing tippy tappy in their own half as the Blue machine gobbled up any attack they threw at us.

Like a formidable machine from Italian football. On the odd occaision a fat bloke will come on, have a pop from 40 yards, the wind will carry the ball, it'll hit one post, roll along the line, hit another post and gift the opposition an underserved equaliser, and their fans will celebrate like they've won the world cup.

Leicester looked a very ordinary side yesterday playing tippy tappy in their own half as the Blue machine gobbled up any attack they threw at us.

Formidable.

Craig-Davies-008.jpg

I'm in tears at that thread you've linked though, thanks for that, it's provided some serious comedy.

"Size of club has nothing to do with the fans that turn up.

5k Leicester fans came today because coming to Birmingham is like a cup final, a big day out. That shows a small time attitude.

Whereas will I go to Leicester? Probably not. Because playing the likes of Leicester isn't an eye-catching tie for a club like Birmingham.

It's all about expectations.

A personal favourite ^^ Embarrassing deluded cvnt.

generally had to scroll up and read the last one again, couldnt believe what i was seeing.

Feel so sorry for him

In the League Cup final a couple of years ago? Arsenal were not full-strength and they were not top of the Premiership, and you won it by the sheer dumb luck of an individual error having been dominated the entire match. As for Tranmere, who else were we supposed to beat? And what about the road to the final, you think we got a bye every time?

And since 2010, the only difference is your relegation. One play-off finish each, and your worthless Eurotrip. How'd that go by the way, did you win it? Can't say I watched any of your games.

Since 2000 we've been to more major cup finals than Leicester, played at a higher level for longer and outperformed them when we've been in the same league

Since 2010 we've won a major cup, played in the UEFA cup and finished above Leicester twice

There's nothing else to say really. You can keep throwing these irrational dates at me like 'August 2012' or '1997' but most logical human beings look at things [music, films, culture] in terms of decades [the 2010s] or milleniums [2000]. In both we outperform Leicester.

We're going around in circles, but that's all i'll say on the matter lads

Ordinary side that outplayed you at your ground, took a point after you got lucky and whose supporters gave your attendance level a boost and who look down the table at you :thumbup:

You even have to come here to generate some discussion on a club we would all have forgotten by now until we beat you at our ground later in the season, why are you still wasting our time when we could be discussing the exciting Brighton lol

Since 2000 we've been to more major cup finals than Leicester, played at a higher level for longer and outperformed them when we've been in the same league

Since 2010 we've won a major cup, played in the UEFA cup and finished above Leicester twice

There's nothing else to say really. You can keep throwing these irrational dates at me like 'August 2012' or '1997' but most logical human beings look at things [music, films, culture] in terms of decades [the 2010s] or milleniums [2000]. In both we outperform Leicester.

Which direction is your no-mark club headed? Signing cretins like Marlon Harewood and Ravel Morrison? Do you know, there was actually talk of Harewood coming here but the fans put their foot down and the club went for someone else. We don't sign wife-beaters.

So you compare arguably the worst period in our history to one of the best in yours and we still get higher attendances regularly?

Do you not see how you're undermining your own argument?

Having 5% more possession isn't 'outplaying' a team.

I hate possession.

It's the stat for people who don't understand football

Give me a team who had 30% possession and wins 2-0, than a side which has 80% possession and loses 1-0.

By all reports you had all the possession at Molineux too and ended up losing to Wolves.

I wish you all the best this season in the possession world cup

Which direction is your no-mark club headed? Signing cretins like Marlon Harewood and Ravel Morrison? Do you know, there was actually talk of Harewood coming here but the fans put their foot down and the club went for someone else. We don't sign wife-beaters.

Marlon King not Marlon Harewood.

Guest BlueBrett

Only 2 relevant stats as far as I can see:

1. Look at the league table

2. Look at our respective attendances (it's not like you can even blame yours on the recession because everyone knows all the people with jobs in Birmingham support Villa).

Having 5% more possession isn't 'outplaying' a team.

I hate possession.

It's the stat for people who don't understand football

Give me a team who had 30% possession and wins 2-0, than a side which has 80% possession and loses 1-0.

By all reports you had all the possession at Molineux too and ended up losing to Wolves.

I wish you all the best this season in the possession world cup

I'd bet you look as intelligent as you sound, are you the Brummie version of Statto?

lol

Fun as it has been, you bore me now, i'm off to a worthwhile thread.

I so hope Leicester overcome the disadvantage of their inferior squad and get promoted.

Having a team of fat lumps assault the opposition may work in the Championship, but in the Premier League where they actually have proper referees you'd get hammered every week.

It says something when David Nugent is your most athletic player.

Only because you are a ****ing moron. Let's stop going around in circles then, what on earth is your point and why was it worth wasting all of our time, on our board, making it?

Was it that you played better than us yesterday? Because you didn't.

Is it that you are a bigger club than us? Because you aren't.

Is it that your team is better than ours at the moment? Because it isn't.

Is it that your support is better than ours? Because it isn't.

Enlighten us, please.

Archived