Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Brummie

Today's game..

...and to prove how deluded you are, look at some posts from your own forum:

"I'm finding it hard it hard to criticise any other support at the moment."

"Ehh!!! Is this thread serious?

And our crowds of 14k make us a big club? If Leicester are small what are we? We couldn't even sell out our small ground v WBA just

after we won a cup, and that crowd included a large follwing from WBA

Leicester have averaged over 20k this year. Their stadium holds 32k and our 28k\29k

Am i missing something??"

"1300 away at to old trafford the last time we were in prem. V Man city away last time in prem they didn't even open the top deck for and we nowhere near filled the bottom deck. We struggled to sell our allocation for West Ham in the semi for goodness sake! and WHU only gave us up to the goal and NOT most of that end like the big clubs get. Something like 2,400 we had at WHU for our first sniff of success in yeears. I coud go on

Your argument for us not wanting to tern up for Leics,Huddersfield etc does not stand up. We don't have good fans whether we are playing big or small clubs. WE ARE A JOKE in terms of Support!!"

"No point going to Man U because you know you're gonna lose"

You're the biggest joke in English football.

As I live in the West Midlands I just decided to put on my City top to have a bit of a gloat.

But I haven't, there is no point.

I will see West Brom fans, Wolves fans, Villa fans, Leeds fans, Leicester Tigers fans, the Forest fan...but I never see any Birmingham fans.

No one round here takes Birmingham City seriously either.

They key thing that emphasises the difference between the two clubs is expectations.

You thought that your performance yesterday was good and that you were all over us, we recognised both performances for what they were: average.

You thought that 4000 fans making the noise of 400 and singing wanky songs that a three year old could come up with is 'great support', we recognise how embarrassing it is.

Still, that's probably because we've been winning cups and being the loudest fans at new Wembley ever, as well as taking 8,000 fans to Brugge, whilst you've been transforming into a typical, generic lower league team with your generic stadium, generic chants and average overweight players whom I wouldn't recognise if they started assaulting me like they did to our players yesterday.

Biggest game in our history? lol

And selling out allocations for Wembley with a biggish city like Leicester is satisfactory, not really worthy of a brag.

Swansea and Reading can sell out Wembley, that isn't much of a point.

You're humiliating yourself kid.

Selling out your allocation at Wembley when you visit once in a blue moon isn't worthy of a brag, but selling out when you visit the place seven times in nine years is no mean feat. You also miss the point that we visited the place so often, again no mean feat. We won as many League Cups in that brief period as you have in your entire history, not bad.

As for the biggest games in your history; unless I'm very much mistaken, Birmingham aren't big hitters in Europe and you don't get many chances to visit European cities to watch your team play, and you're hardly massive hitters domestically either. Apart from the odd meeting with Villa and very occasional jaunts to Wembley, what bigger games do Birmingham City get to experience?

Face it, you're an average club just as we are. The difference is that we know it and see our occasional forays into something more than that for what they are.

They key thing that emphasises the difference between the two clubs is expectations.

You thought that your performance yesterday was good and that you were all over us, we recognised both performances for what they were: average.

You thought that 4000 fans making the noise of 400 and singing wanky songs that a three year old could come up with is 'great support', we recognise how embarrassing it is.

Still, that's probably because we've been winning cups and being the loudest fans at new Wembley ever, as well as taking 8,000 fans to Brugge, whilst you've been transforming into a typical, generic lower league team with your generic stadium, generic chants and average overweight players whom I wouldn't recognise if they started assaulting me like they did to our players yesterday.

Your players know all about assaulting people

...and to prove how deluded you are, look at some posts from your own forum:

"I'm finding it hard it hard to criticise any other support at the moment."

"Ehh!!! Is this thread serious?

And our crowds of 14k make us a big club? If Leicester are small what are we? We couldn't even sell out our small ground v WBA just

after we won a cup, and that crowd included a large follwing from WBA

Leicester have averaged over 20k this year. Their stadium holds 32k and our 28k\29k

Am i missing something??"

"1300 away at to old trafford the last time we were in prem. V Man city away last time in prem they didn't even open the top deck for and we nowhere near filled the bottom deck. We struggled to sell our allocation for West Ham in the semi for goodness sake! and WHU only gave us up to the goal and NOT most of that end like the big clubs get. Something like 2,400 we had at WHU for our first sniff of success in yeears. I coud go on

Your argument for us not wanting to tern up for Leics,Huddersfield etc does not stand up. We don't have good fans whether we are playing big or small clubs. WE ARE A JOKE in terms of Support!!"

"No point going to Man U because you know you're gonna lose"

You're the biggest joke in English football.

This sums up everything.

And just when I think Birmingham fans couldn't get any more embarrassing...

Do you recognise that we are top of the league? :wave:

Hello, I actually spoke to some real Brum fans yesterday, nice blokes. They told me they had an element of embarrassing fans and you and the others on here have proved them right.

Your players know all about assaulting people

I'd find it hard to support a club with a woman-beater and a witness intimidator up front.

Possibly the two most pathetic, cowardly, scummy crimes there are.

Wow, what a rollercoaster to wake up to, that was absolutely emotional. I don't want to go back and quote all the things I wanted to answer to so just a few general things.

• Had no idea Birmingham fans were like this. Some of the stupidity in your comments is remarkable. BCFC now going on the list whereas I had no opinion on them before, because of the anonymity of the club of course.
  • Trying to switch between the history and recent years arguments only to find out you are bested by us in both arenas lol
  • Your attendance in the circumstances is shocking, your defence of this moronic - "More would turn up if we were good" - The same could be said of ANY club dipshit
  • The second cities thing, just wow, couldn't believe what I was reading. Plus although Birmingham is the second most populous city, in terms of importance I am in no doubt that Manchester is England's second city, especially nowadays. Convince me that there is anything worthwhile going on in Birmingham at the moment, aside from Aston Villa.
  • Can't wait for the return fixture - 13th April - 5 games left.

Wait, so was that not the real Gary Rowett then? I wondered why he'd side with Birmingham, having abandoned them in the second tier to come and join us in the Premiership :rolleyes:

I don't understand the point of this thread. Both Birmingham and Leicester are miserable dank shitty places to live. It's like arguing over who's shit stinks more. Go outside and do something with your lives you bunch of retards.

Haha quality!!

I think everyone should stop arguing.

Birmingham are the worst they've been in 15 years [financially, in terms of morale, playing staff] and this is reflected in the poor attendances

Leicester are the strongest they've been in 15 years and this is reflected in their impressive 5k away support today

And basically the worst Birmingham side in 15 years drew with the best Leicester side in 15 years. So Birmingham at their weakest are on about par with Leicester at their strongest.

Can't we just all agree and move on!

Yes, we are stronger now than in 2000, when winning the League Cup and finishing 8th in the Premier League.

Well i suppose if you are relying on the travelling supporters to provide the atmosphere i'd be a little disappointed but you have to remember it was Birmingham, not Coventry or Peterborough, the aura of Apathy must have hung heavily.

I'm surprised no one started a blog when they got back about the effects of depression :(

• Trying to switch between the history and recent years arguments only to find out you are bested by us in both arenas lol

How do you work that one out?

- Since 2000 we've been to two major cup finals, you've been to one.

- We beat a full strength Arsenal side who were top of the Premiership, at a time when the League Cup was it's strongest [won by United, Spurs and Liverpool prior to us; you beat Tranmere Rovers....yes, that's TRANMERE ROVERS in the Worthington Cup 12 years ago

- Since the Millenium we've been a division higher than you for the vast majority of it. In the few times we've been in the same division [like last year] we've finished above you by some distance.

So let's not make things up now please and pretend Leicester have had a better recent history. I hate liars!

The match stats suggest differently. I am happy with 55% possession and superior shots on and off target away from home against a team that before yesterday I considered a large but under performing outfit. As with many others, I happily take a point and extend our unbeaten run to 6. I also feel its a tremendous sign that we are playing as averagely as you say and we continue to pick up points away. It's a long season and all points are valuable, I look forward with trepidation to Tuesday and hope we can get points off a decent Brighton team.

- We beat a full strength Arsenal side who were top of the Premiership, at a time when the League Cup was it's strongest [won by United, Spurs and Liverpool prior to us; you beat Tranmere Rovers....yes, that's TRANMERE ROVERS in the Worthington Cup 12 years ago

- Since the Millenium we've been a division higher than you for the vast majority of it. In the few times we've been in the same division [like last year] we've finished above you by some distance.

So let's not make things up now please and pretend Leicester have had a better recent history. I hate liars!

The word 'recent' is subjective and people disagree with your definition of it as it appears strangely convenient.

Despite how many fans you brought to Birmingham today, you have possibly the quietest, unimaginative, cringe worthy, tin pot set of fans I have ever seen at St Andrews ever. I really mean it. I have never been so disappointed at how crap such a large away following was at a game. And this is the first time I have ever gone on to an away teams forum to complain. This has to be mentioned. You really should be ashamed of yourselves.

Examples:

"we're the right side, we're the right side over here" (cringe)

"woahhhhhhh..your shit! ahhhhh" at Jack Butland.

That chant you copied off crystal palace. "woahhhhhh woahoahoahoooooooo..we love you, we love you"

"Lester Lester LESTER" every ****ing 2.69 minutes.

I even noticed a couple of chino wankers trying to start a poznan.

Even the chav corner on your right at the richo arena was louder than you lot.

http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,1063952

Rant over.. ta ra!

lol those Brummie grapes are really sour

Since 1997 (in the 15 years you brought up) we've been to three finals, winning two.

We, in the League Cup runs, beat Manchester United, Leeds twice, Aston Villa, and Middlesbrough who were in the FA Cup final also (having spent far more than us). You won it, well done, so did we. I didn't realise playing an opposition you can't choose is somehow less worthy but there you go.

And yet, still with this amazing recent history, hardly anyone turns up. We have been quite poor for years, and still turn up in bigger numbers home and away than you.

Archived