Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Brummie

Today's game..

er, if you call birmingham the 'west midlands urban area' which includes wolverhampton, which is about 20 miles away, then yeah

also all these arguments are completely pathetic, essentially "my dad's bigger than your dad"

christ, grow up

To be fair you could say the same for Manchester, which actually has a population smaller than that of Leicester, and by quite some distance. Greater Manchester is as made up an entity as the West Midlands Urban Area. Birmingham is the second city and it's city centre is quite impressive these days.

Not that any of it matters.

To be fair you could say the same for Manchester, which actually has a population smaller than that of Leicester, and by quite some distance. Greater Manchester is as made up an entity as the West Midlands Urban Area. Birmingham is the second city and it's city centre is quite impressive these days.

Not that any of it matters.

Exactly my point.

Birmingham > Manches-toh

http://en.wikipedia...._United_Kingdom

What's that prove? Other than the fact you have more people living in the Birmingham area than Greater Manchester, but have less teams in that area, and you still get shit attendances. So what if Birmingham is the second most populated city in England and is bigger than Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester, Nottingham, Leicester, and Sheffield, I'd still rather support the clubs from those cities than the shit your city produces.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_the_United_Kingdom

This is probably a more relevant link. The fact is your city is the only city in England bar London with more than 1m people and with two football teams you still can't get more than 14000 for a home game. That's pretty piss poor.

Biggest club in China?

I live in China right now. I've not seen either the advert or your shirt anywhere. Admittedly I don't watch the local TV (obvious reasons, can't speak a lick of Mandarin) but I'll keep a close eye on it from now on.

As for supporters in China....try Manchester United, Arsenal, Barcelona and Madrid.

I do have a couple of old Leicester shirts I can persuade local friends to take from me. That'd still be 2 more Leicester shirts than I've seen Birmingham ones.

I could pay money for an ad on local TV. Doesn't earn me millions of fans just 'cause it's there. If FC Gangzhou take out an advert on regional TV in England do you immediately defect and support them? Do you think that Chinese people are so dumb and suggestable that the instant they see an 'engrishy' team on the box that they fall in love? Grow a ****ing pair.

Eff why eye, Chinese people are for more apt to support a player as opposed to a team. Many people in the Real Madrid shirts support Ronaldo and, when he changes alleigance, so will they. Same goes for Rooney, Messi, Mata and Drogba (no coincidence that he's playing in the East right now....homeland revenue). If your board has pay money for an advert to increase revenue then it's incredibly short sighted and misguided. Chinese people don't tend to follow teams.

And 4th most successful English club in the last decade (as boasted on your board).....can you talk us through that one?

Birmingham's league history since WWII.

800px-Birmingham_City_F.C._league_posns.png

So Birmingham's little stint in the big time was the first time they had been in the top flight for 20 years. In other words, their best run in a generation.

Leicester are currently outside of the top flight for the longest time in our history. We have also dropped down into the third tier for the first time in our history in the period too. In other words, this is the worst spell in our history.

If some Birmingham fans want to compare the two clubs based on their most successful patch for a generation and our worse decade in our history then let them.

They only show their ignorance.

You take more away than us because you get easily excited. The whole town comes out in celebration when you play Hull at home.

Don't forget we've just won the League Cup and played against European elite in the last two years.

So please forgive us if we're a bit put off by the fixture list this season!

If we had fixtures we could get our teeth into, you'd be seeing 40 odd thousand down St Andrews

What's that prove? Other than the fact you have more people living in the Birmingham area than Greater Manchester, but have less teams in that area, and you still get shit attendances. So what if Birmingham is the second most populated city in England and is bigger than Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester, Nottingham, Leicester, and Sheffield, I'd still rather support the clubs from those cities than the shit your city produces.

http://en.wikipedia...._United_Kingdom

This is probably a more relevant link. The fact is your city is the only city in England bar London with more than 1m people and with two football teams you still can't get more than 14000 for a home game. That's pretty piss poor.

I mentioned that because some cretin on here said that Manchester is bigger than Birmingham. I'm not getting defensive, just correcting false information.

Well the facts are that Villa have a massive fan base which covers all of the west Midlands, because they're a big club. They get fans coming from Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Staffordshire, Shropshire etc.

Whereas Blues have a small, but very local fan base. Even I'll agree with you that not many people outside of the West Midlands would want to support us.

Taking into account that we've won hardly anything, we're in the Championship, we have mainly working class fans in a working class city who have work 24/7, our city has many glory hunters who would rather claim to support united, liverpool, chelsea and arsenal.

An average of 18,000 last season, was reasonable. But the fans are there, beleive me. If we ever done a Man city, we would have even more fans coming out of the wood work.

I'm not sure how you can possibly say were in our rivals shadows, when you consider forest as a rivalry.

And like I said, I didn't come on here to talk about our fans, because I know we haven't been very good when you consider our potential with such a big city.

And a small home crowd which is scattered across 4 stands isn't going to very loud believe it or not, your home atmosphere isn't exactly very good either.

But if you wanna talk about our away fans, then

So you took thousands to the biggest games in your history, would you like a biscuit?

I remember us taking thousands of fans on two day coach journeys to Madrid in '97 and the same again in Vienna in 2000. Last season alone, we took 6,000 to Stamford Bridge, the same again to Coventry, 8,000 to Forest (the highest ever away following at the City Ground) and sold our allocation at every single Wembley play-off final and League Cup final between 1992 and 2000.

On the subject of Wembley finals, we practically lived at the place every May for much of the 90s.

1992: Play-off final v Blackburn. Sold out our allocation.

1993: Play-off final v Swindon. Sold out our allocation.

1994: Play-off final v Derby. Sold out our allocation.

1996: Play-off final v Palace. Sold out our allocation.

1997: League Cup final v Middlesborough. Sold out our allocation.

1999: League Cup final v Tottenham. Sold out our allocation.

2000: League Cup final v Tranmere. Sold out our allocation.

So you took thousands to the biggest games in your history, would you like a biscuit?

I remember us taking thousands of fans on two day coach journeys to Madrid in '97 and the same again in Vienna in 2000. Last season alone, we took 6,000 to Stamford Bridge, the same again to Coventry, 8,000 to Forest (the highest ever away following at the City Ground) and sold our allocation at every single Wembley play-off final and League Cup final between 1992 and 2000.

On the subject of Wembley finals, we practically lived at the place every May for much of the 90s.

1992: Play-off final v Blackburn. Sold out our allocation.

1993: Play-off final v Swindon. Sold out our allocation.

1994: Play-off final v Derby. Sold out our allocation.

1996: Play-off final v Palace. Sold out our allocation.

1997: League Cup final v Middlesborough. Sold out our allocation.

1999: League Cup final v Tottenham. Sold out our allocation.

2000: League Cup final v Tranmere. Sold out our allocation.

Biggest game in our history? lol

And selling out allocations for Wembley with a biggish city like Leicester is satisfactory, not really worthy of a brag.

Swansea and Reading can sell out Wembley, that isn't much of a point.

Get used to it boys, being top of the league brings all type of jealousy. We better get use to it now.

Not quite.

Reading brought the same amount last game of the season and they made noise, when they had won the league. I didn't go onto their forum.

Either way your a pretty sad man. When you come to us, you won't sell out, you won't make much noise and you definitely won't have any saddos go onto your forum and moan after the game.

Get off your high horse and support your club, because, they defiantly need the numbers.

Either way your a pretty sad man. When you come to us, you won't sell out, you won't make much noise and you definitely won't have any saddos go onto your forum and moan after the game.

Get off your high horse and support your club, because, they defiantly need the numbers.

Depends what form we're in at the time.

Would you have brought 4,000 to Birmingham if you had recently lost 5-0 at home to Barnsley, 1-0 at home to ****ing Huddersfield and right next to the relegation zone? I highly doubt it.

If we were on your form, then yeah we probably would. We took 6,000 to coventry who we don't even class as a rivalry when we were 4th last season.

And I do support my club, I'm a season ticket holder.

Despite how many fans you brought to Birmingham today, you have possibly the quietest, unimaginative, cringe worthy, tin pot set of fans I have ever seen at St Andrews ever. I really mean it. I have never been so disappointed at how crap such a large away following was at a game. And this is the first time I have ever gone on to an away teams forum to complain. This has to be mentioned. You really should be ashamed of yourselves.

Examples:

"we're the right side, we're the right side over here" (cringe)

"woahhhhhhh..your shit! ahhhhh" at Jack Butland.

That chant you copied off crystal palace. "woahhhhhh woahoahoahoooooooo..we love you, we love you"

"Lester Lester LESTER" every ****ing 2.69 minutes.

I even noticed a couple of chino wankers trying to start a poznan.

Even the chav corner on your right at the richo arena was louder than you lot.

http://www.smallheat...d.php?1,1063952

Rant over.. ta ra!

this post from you has actually got me smiling..

To come on here and post that means that you are extremely insecure about your fans and know that your support is an absolute shambles both home and away.

You had 14,000 fans at todays game ffs, even on your forum you have realistic bcfc fans laughing at some of your comments about you being a big time club, its just absolutely laughable tbh.

By coming on hear and ranting about our support just proves so much that you know how bad your support is and you cant help but take time out of your day and try and get your anger out on this forum because that's the only way to make you feel better.

I can assure you we are extremely content of our support and therefore 99% of us would never ever go on another forum and post about how bad there away support is? why would we? we just laugh about it and move on. We know that we are a big club that are moving forward and its amazing, what are Birmingham doing at the moment..... ?

finally congratulations on making yourself loo like an absolute tool and represented your fans in an embarrassing fashion showing your extremely bitter. Im sure they will thank you for that.

Hope you find something better to do than browse our forum today, maybe hang out with your ultras?

Speak soon

I mentioned that because some cretin on here said that Manchester is bigger than Birmingham. I'm not getting defensive, just correcting false information.

Well the facts are that Villa have a massive fan base which covers all of the west Midlands, because they're a big club. They get fans coming from Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Staffordshire, Shropshire etc.

Whereas Blues have a small, but very local fan base. Even I'll agree with you that not many people outside of the West Midlands would want to support us.

Taking into account that we've won hardly anything, we're in the Championship, we have mainly working class fans in a working class city who have work 24/7, our city has many glory hunters who would rather claim to support united, liverpool, chelsea and arsenal.

An average of 18,000 last season, was reasonable. But the fans are there, beleive me. If we ever done a Man city, we would have even more fans coming out of the wood work.

So you have a large fan base or don't, what your saying here is that most in birminghman support villa and fans have to work 24/7 so thats why your attendances are dire, yet if you do a man city watch them come out the woodwork wouldn't they still support villa, and work 24/7

Hold on, your England's second largest City and are getting home attendances of 18,000 in the second tier. You're an embarrassing club. I don't think there's worse support out there.

You can understand why club's have the following they do, Bury for instance is a small place on the doorstep of Manchester, and so have a small following.

There is no justification for your pathetic support - and as for the mongrels after the game, do you think it's the 80s?

See where you are come May. Hopefully, and quite possibly, bottom 3.

...and what have we won? You've won 2 League Cups in 50 years, how can you even have the audacity to ask that question?

I don't get it, you're pretty much arguing that you're badly supported tinpot club. Man City were backed by tens of thousands of fans all the way down to League One (if it as called that at the time), them filling stadiums isn't a product of them having money and winning leagues. As has been said when you're lot were promoted to the Premier League for the first time in ages you struggled to get 20000 fans. By pointing out your city is bigger than another city, which has more teams in that area, whilst you still get smaller or similar attendances than clubs in that area, you yourself are proving that you club has shit support. As tylesta said won't those fans still work 24/7 or support Villa, or glory hunt if you did do a Man City. I'm not sure you know what you're trying to argue here, I think you should quit while you're behind!

Not quite.

Reading brought the same amount last game of the season and they made noise, when they had won the league. I didn't go onto their forum.

So they made a lot of noise, when they won the league. You're comparing the noise the fans of a club top of the league before it's ****ing November make, with the noise fans of a club who had just won the league, on that day, make. You're clueless!

To be fair I made my point in the first post, can't be bothered to keep commenting now.

Keep right on!

But you do keep commenting, and you do keep making yourself and your club look like a bunch of tools don't you.

"Our fans are louder than your fans, my dad can beat up your dad" doesn't matter does it. Points aren't awarded for singing it's not ****ing xfactor.

Your team is currently shit and had they been 3-0 down at half time yesterday no neutral would have been shocked. The fact your fans are rejoicing that performance as good is laughable.

So instead of moaning about away fans filling your ground but not making enough noise, go on to your board and complain about having a shit team, a shit manager and shit players. With a pathetic number of fans coming through the gates. We had more fans through the doors in league one, the lowest point in the history of this club.

Despite how many fans you brought to Birmingham today, you have possibly the quietest, unimaginative, cringe worthy, tin pot set of fans I have ever seen at St Andrews ever. I really mean it. I have never been so disappointed at how crap such a large away following was at a game. And this is the first time I have ever gone on to an away teams forum to complain. This has to be mentioned. You really should be ashamed of yourselves.

Examples:

"we're the right side, we're the right side over here" (cringe)

"woahhhhhhh..your shit! ahhhhh" at Jack Butland.

That chant you copied off crystal palace. "woahhhhhh woahoahoahoooooooo..we love you, we love you"

"Lester Lester LESTER" every ****ing 2.69 minutes.

I even noticed a couple of chino wankers trying to start a poznan.

Even the chav corner on your right at the richo arena was louder than you lot.

http://www.smallheat...d.php?1,1063952

Rant over.. ta ra!

your so clueless its amazing, thanks for making my Sunday morning better

Archived