Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Andy king 50 or 49 or 46 career goals

That's if you believe soccerbase, Wikipedia have it as 49. Either way I love king now! Back to his best. And well done for him getting 50 goals so early.

Now? I've loved him for years, and anyone who slagged him off last season, hopefully realise what a clueless berk they are, but they probably don't and now focus on slagging off other players.

Well done kingy never lost faith in him. Leicester legend in the making.

Now? I've loved him for years, and anyone who slagged him off last season, hopefully realise what a clueless berk they are, but they probably don't and now focus on slagging off other players.

Well done kingy never lost faith in him. Leicester legend in the making.

Not really, if by 'slagged off' you mean criticised, he was shit last season, no two ways about it.

He's obviously a good player but he's not always consistently played up to his potential.

But glad he's making an impact this season.

Not really, if by 'slagged off' you mean criticised, he was shit last season, no two ways about it.

He's obviously a good player but he's not always consistently played up to his potential.

There was criticsm, and there were some people just slagging him off soundly and not wanting him to ever play again despite him being our best player and top goal scorer the season before.

Some of the comments last season were embarrassing.

Its 46, which is the same as Heskey and one behind Muzzy izzet.

Also, another 8 appearances and he's played more games than Lineker.

Yet during the summer some people would have happily bombed him out of the club. Unbelievable. He's well on the way to becoming a club legend and he's only 23 - let's hope we keep him for his best years.

As if it is nearly five years since he scored that peach vs Southampton at home, and he's still only young now.

Great player, and a lot of his defensive work gets so unnoticed.

Very true. The one time Schmeichel was out of position last night, King got a great head in to prevent the cross. MOTM for me

Kingy was struggling for most of last season with a tendon problem. He seems to have come back stronger and fitter for the experience and is perhaps playing as well now as he's ever done.

He always tried to help wherever it was needed but he's got more presence now and seems able to cope with the physical side of the game better.

He read the game brilliantly last night and some of his decision-making last night when under pressure was outstanding, particularly in deep defence.

As for his goals, how priceless they've been over the years... including last night's.

Kingy was struggling for most of last season with a tendon problem. He seems to have come back stronger and fitter for the experience and is perhaps playing as well now as he's ever done.

He always tried to help wherever it was needed but he's got more presence now and seems able to cope with the physical side of the game better.

He read the game brilliantly last night and some of his decision-making last night when under pressure was outstanding, particularly in deep defence.

As for his goals, how priceless they've been over the years... including last night's.

He is genuine quality now. I always rated him before and his goals were very crucial, amongst his defensive work and keeping things ticking over but this season he has added other dimensions to his game, that make him top boy for me. We should cherish King, as we've not produced many players through our ranks who have had the ability and presence to play 200+ games for us and score even close to 50 goals. The lad is superb for us and him and Drinkwater could blossom in to a very, very good partnership.

I was thinking about that ripper he scored v Southampton, 5 years ago. That was a ridiculous strike and he never really shoots from distance anymore, I think he should test the water again with a few!

Don't see the point in starting a new thread so I shall share my love for Kingy in here. He seems to have added that extra dimension into his game since last season, something he mention in an interview I either read or heard earlier on in the season. You see him fighting for every ball and chasing down every player..he's not just the guy who pops up and scores goals. I hope he keeps it up, because he is one of many key men for us this season. He's played his best football under Pearson, so perhaps it's his sports science that helps him, as he definately seems stronger. Lets hope he stays to score goal 100 for us!

There were way too many people saying we should get rid of him to be fair. Not pointing any fingers because I can't remember who but it took the piss a bit and was typical of a lot of our fans.

He is genuine quality now. I always rated him before and his goals were very crucial, amongst his defensive work and keeping things ticking over but this season he has added other dimensions to his game, that make him top boy for me. We should cherish King, as we've not produced many players through our ranks who have had the ability and presence to play 200+ games for us and score even close to 50 goals. The lad is superb for us and him and Drinkwater could blossom in to a very, very good partnership.

I was thinking about that ripper he scored v Southampton, 5 years ago. That was a ridiculous strike and he never really shoots from distance anymore, I think he should test the water again with a few!

anyone got the goal?

King was hampered by his achilles last season. His issue has always been that he is too good at reading the game so more often than not the opposition fail to play the ball into his area as he is stood marking the pass (rather than the man). Some of the criticism he received last season bordered on the hysterical, he'd become a victim of his own success.

In an era of revolving door players King has been the one consistant.

Archived