Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

Lesson learnt

So us fans were given a lesson today as well as our team on the pitch! When the 'we love you' chant started (nicked from palace!) we were humillited by their fans,

1st they took over the chant

2nd came the 'what the f---ing hell was that'

3rd 'shall we write a song for you'

4th 'you nicked all our songs'

They out sung us all match after that, so the lesson is we must come up with our own songs, or if we can't then don't sing the 'adopted' songs against the fans who own it.

I'm already having visions of us copying their 'cpfc' chant for ourselves

So us fans were given a lesson today as well as our team on the pitch! When the 'we love you' chant started (nicked from palace!) we were humillited by their fans,

They out sung us all match after that, so the lesson is we must come up with our own songs, or if we can't then don't sing the 'adopted' songs against the fans who own it.

They're hardly in a position to get all high and mighty about stealing a song they themselves stole.

crystal palace didnt even make up the song so fail to see how they own it,,,

Its not their song??

You do realise that pretty much every song a team sings is copied off another side don't you?

Their support considering it was their big day out and beating the league leaders away was pretty average

when were 2-0 up...

we score, we score, we score,

we might score 3 or more, or more, or more.

then the leicester roar, roar, roar

and again we seek more, more more..

wooahhhhh....

not the best but eh...

Saw your name and thought I wonder how many Leicester fan's PIN number is 1884. Weird

The atmosphere has been under scrutiny for a while, rarely do we intimidate opposition teams with our constant chanting and support of the team! It's tended to be more moaning and groaning.

And to be honest what hope have we got when you get a fan ringing up your local's forum and complaining about a fan 'swinging' a scalf in front of them.....Atmpsphere has been somewhat absent for years!

Drove up from Cornwall for the game yesterday. Sat in SK1 and the atmosphere was dreadfull (obv). The only song that was sung with any passion was 'L1, give us a song'.

It was really embarrasing. We just have no original songs. We used to have one for every player and also other chants:-

And its Leicester City

Leicester City FC

We're by far the greatest team

The world has ever seen

Or

He's only a poor littke cockney

His face is all tattered and torn

He made me feel sick

So I hit him with a brick

And now he dont sing anymore

Or

In your cockney slums

In your cockney slums

Your mums in the game

And your dads in the nick

You cant get a job

Cause your so ****ing thick

In your cockney slums

Or

Leicester till I die

I'm Leicester till I die

I know I am

I'm sure I am

I'm Leicester till I die

There are at least half a dozen more that used to be sung regularly but just aren't anymore.

We're a team that looks like it has the potential to be in the Premiership. Certainly the management have the capabilities. The stadium speaks for itself and the owners are geared up for it.

The fans?

Not a ****ing chance and if we couldnt get an atmosphere going after being unbeaten in 7 games a 100% home record and a decent away following to banter with, its never going to happen.

I'm driving up again for the Forest game with a client who's a Forest fan and we're sitting in L1. I really hope the local derby aspect brings us all out of the coma we seemed to have lapsed into yesterday.

Atmosphere ? it' got left behind at the old Filbo and it's never coming back. It's been replaced by full blast arse wipe music over the tannoys, selected by some cretin within the club who thinks he knows a thing or two about creating a match day atmosphere.

The other obvious reason is the splitting up of the kopites. In the old ground they were all in one area right next to the away supporters. Ideal conditions for full on singing and slagging each other off. And what do we have now ? yes we still have a part of the ground called the kop end but it's not really is it ? it's at the other end of the ground as far away as possible from the away fans ( just what the club wanted ) So half of the old kopites now go to the end next to the away fans and the other half stay in the supposed new kop half heartedly singing or chanting knowing the away fans can't even hear them.

5th the drum is pathetic

It wouldn't make a difference what songs we try to sing, the problem is that not enough people are willing to. I have no problem with us stealing other teams songs (Just like Palace have), if it works. But at the moment it isn't working, we do a better job of singing We Love You than we do anything else though so as far as I'm concerned we should persevere with it. This was their 'big day out' so it's no great surprise they out sang us given how poor our home support generally is, that doesn't mean Palace fans are incredible, but we really aren't great.

Drove up from Cornwall for the game yesterday. Sat in SK1 and the atmosphere was dreadfull (obv). The only song that was sung with any passion was 'L1, give us a song'.

It was really embarrasing. We just have no original songs. We used to have one for every player and also other chants:-

And its Leicester City

Leicester City FC

We're by far the greatest team

The world has ever seen

Or

He's only a poor littke cockney

His face is all tattered and torn

He made me feel sick

So I hit him with a brick

And now he dont sing anymore

Or

In your cockney slums

In your cockney slums

Your mums in the game

And your dads in the nick

You cant get a job

Cause your so ****ing thick

In your cockney slums

Or

Leicester till I die

I'm Leicester till I die

I know I am

I'm sure I am

I'm Leicester till I die

There are at least half a dozen more that used to be sung regularly but just aren't anymore.

We're a team that looks like it has the potential to be in the Premiership. Certainly the management have the capabilities. The stadium speaks for itself and the owners are geared up for it.

The fans?

Not a ****ing chance and if we couldnt get an atmosphere going after being unbeaten in 7 games a 100% home record and a decent away following to banter with, its never going to happen.

I'm driving up again for the Forest game with a client who's a Forest fan and we're sitting in L1. I really hope the local derby aspect brings us all out of the coma we seemed to have lapsed into yesterday.

Yep, actually forgot some of these chants existed.

As for the Filbo Koppites being split up, I'd say there's hardly any of them left, for example none of the people standing in J yesterday were old enough to have been one of them, and the majority in K last season and the season before were young lads as well.

The older lot that used to create an atmosphere seem to have pretty much disappeared. Every season the supposed 'singers' are getting younger and they haven't really got a clue. Most of them seem to arrogant and 'cool' to get involved in chanting.

all the moaning on here is more embarassing than the atmosphere itself. I don't remember the main stand at filbert street singing, just the bottom of the double decker by the away fans.

It's true. It's not a lot different now really, we have one main section of singing and other pockets that will join in/ start their own at some point.

People just remember the great atmospheres, like the European nights and the semi-finals, but I don't believe there is a large difference in the numbers singing now compared to then. The set-up of Filbert St helped to keep the noise contained, which doesn't occur at the Way.

Archived