Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Interesting news topics.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36094575

What do people make of this?

It's a difficult one, for me. There aren't words to describe what an abhorrent, awful human being this man is, but human nonetheless (I guess) so I think I agree with the decision that was made.

The Human Rights Act is there to protect everybody, not just those who are considered reasonable and it's all for one and one for all. Horrendous human being regardless.

• Like 1

It's a difficult one, for me. There aren't words to describe what an abhorrent, awful human being this man is, but human nonetheless (I guess) so I think I agree with the decision that was made.

The Human Rights Act is there to protect everybody, not just those who are considered reasonable and it's all for one and one for all. Horrendous human being regardless.

The easy emotional argument is to disagree with the verdict, but I tend to agree with you. Perhaps the best comment to make is that the prison officials have been a little nieve in the way they've gone about things and not covering their back more.

• Like 1

Guest MattP

I still don't understand how his treatment has been inhumane?

Ironic though, I bet when he was slaughtering all those people for their political views he also knew he was going to use their own liberal beliefs for his own benefit in the future.

Prison in Norway looks better than a hotel in some places here lol

_88773972_031413260-2.jpg

I still don't understand how his treatment has been inhumane?

Ironic though, I bet when he was slaughtering all those people for their political views he also knew he was going to use their own liberal beliefs for his own benefit in the future.

Prison in Norway looks better than a hotel in some places here lol

I guess it's down to the solitary confinement and psychological side of things. Though you'd think what he did in the first place would have enough of a psychological impact to tip somebody over the edge. Most of what I know about solitary confinement comes from TV and I suspect that it's not quite the same as Orange is the New Black :whistle:. However, I can completely see why subjecting somebody to those emotional conditions on a daily basis is considered a breach of human rights when you remove personal opinion on the guy. Not entirely sure who he thinks he's going to have a chat with outside of solitary confinement.

I genuinely think I've stopped in worse hotels than that picture whilst travelling, but Scandinavia doesn't strike me as the most fearsome of European nations when it comes to that kind of thing.

Guest MattP

I guess it's down to the solitary confinement and psychological side of things. Though you'd think what he did in the first place would have enough of a psychological impact to tip somebody over the edge. Most of what I know about solitary confinement comes from TV and I suspect that it's not quite the same as Orange is the New Black :whistle:. However, I can completely see why subjecting somebody to those emotional conditions on a daily basis is considered a breach of human rights when you remove personal opinion on the guy. Not entirely sure who he thinks he's going to have a chat with outside of solitary confinement.

I genuinely think I've stopped in worse hotels than that picture whilst travelling, but Scandinavia doesn't strike me as the most fearsome of European nations when it comes to that kind of thing.

I'm sure Breivik himself knew what prison would be like, I doubt he would have dared commit such an act where he was going to be sharing a cell with 50 odd savages in terrible conditions for the rest of his life. I do find the definition of "inhumane" hard to understand in this day and age, I certainly wouldn't put solitary confinement next to it, even more so when in reality it isn't as he still has access to a TV, radio, priest, computer and his legal team.

When I think of "solitary confinement" I imagine being locked in the hole in Shawshank Redemption for weeks on end without even light, not sat in the room pictured above.

Guest MattP

There are probably pensioners in Britain who have more of a claim to that of "solitary confinement" than Anders just living a normal life.

I live in solitary confinement. I think myself lucky  I do not have a nagging wife or temperamental teenagers. 

Although it does say he won parts of  the case. Being woken up regularly and strip searched in front of female prison officers does not seem right.

It says they cell is 'typical'. It may not be the same as his. 

Edited by Rincewind

• 3 weeks later...

Very interesting. First they say they hold no records the magically find a select few which are put down to admin errors and not their fault. But still ministers refuse to act upon independant findings or admit there are flaws in the system. Could this be the real reason IDS resigned? He knew these reports were due to be made public and did not want be there when the shit hit the fan?

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/may/13/suicides-of-benefit-claimants-reveal-dwp-flaws-says-inquiry

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody seen the video of the alligator in Florida. It's huge. 

I do like them, they are a favourite animal of mine (and crocodiles) but I wouldn't get as close as that guy with the phone. I imagine they can be quite fast.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/may/31/giant-alligator-panics-golfers-as-it-ambles-across-course-in-flordia

This is also amusing. 10 reasons why the Flat Earth Society say the World is flat.

1. It sort of looks flat, doesn’t it?

Honestly, this is one of their reasons

2. It’s cheaper to fake journeys into space than it is to journey into space

And a global conspiracy has been embezzling all that money ever since the 50s

3. Satellite photos are ‘easily faked’

And the global conspiracy has been doing so for five decades.

4. ‘Day’ and ‘night’ are created by the sun orbiting in a circle above, then beneath the North Pole

The sun also moves sideways – hence winter and summer. They think of everything!

5. People who think they’ve flown round the Earth have just travelled in a big circle round the North Pole

The Earth is like a pancake, with the North Pole in the middle, see.

6. It all stays together because there’s a big ice wall round the edge

The oceans don’t spill off because there’s a wall of ice – called Antarctica. The Flat Earth society admit to being ‘curious’ as to what lies beyond this.

7. Gravity doesn’t exist

Instead, the Earth is constantly accelerating upwards, so the force of gravity is like being pushed into your seat in a car, see?

8. Earth is accelerating upwards due to ‘dark energy’

It all tallies with Einstein, the maniacs boast, as Einstein whirrs gently in his grave.

9. Photos from aeroplanes look curved because of the windows

… and satellite shots look rounded at the edge due to the ‘spotlight’ under the sun, which is only a few thousand miles up.

10. An experiment proved that a six-mile stretch of water was flat

Except it didn’t really. It was famously misread by previous Flat Earthers, who weren’t the brightest crayons in the pack

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2014/12/08/10-reasons-the-earth-is-actually-flat-4978476/#ixzz4AwGkbz00

Edited by Rincewind

This is also amusing. 10 reasons why the Flat Earth Society say the World is flat.

1. It sort of looks flat, doesn’t it?

Honestly, this is one of their reasons

2. It’s cheaper to fake journeys into space than it is to journey into space

And a global conspiracy has been embezzling all that money ever since the 50s

3. Satellite photos are ‘easily faked’

And the global conspiracy has been doing so for five decades.

4. ‘Day’ and ‘night’ are created by the sun orbiting in a circle above, then beneath the North Pole

The sun also moves sideways – hence winter and summer. They think of everything!

5. People who think they’ve flown round the Earth have just travelled in a big circle round the North Pole

The Earth is like a pancake, with the North Pole in the middle, see.

6. It all stays together because there’s a big ice wall round the edge

The oceans don’t spill off because there’s a wall of ice – called Antarctica. The Flat Earth society admit to being ‘curious’ as to what lies beyond this.

7. Gravity doesn’t exist

Instead, the Earth is constantly accelerating upwards, so the force of gravity is like being pushed into your seat in a car, see?

8. Earth is accelerating upwards due to ‘dark energy’

It all tallies with Einstein, the maniacs boast, as Einstein whirrs gently in his grave.

9. Photos from aeroplanes look curved because of the windows

… and satellite shots look rounded at the edge due to the ‘spotlight’ under the sun, which is only a few thousand miles up.

10. An experiment proved that a six-mile stretch of water was flat

Except it didn’t really. It was famously misread by previous Flat Earthers, who weren’t the brightest crayons in the pack

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2014/12/08/10-reasons-the-earth-is-actually-flat-4978476/#ixzz4AwGkbz00

Never read such ridiculous tripe in my life.  Everyone with a logical mind knows that we live on the inside edge of a hollow, concave Earth with the sun at its centre.