Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Interesting news topics.

17 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

The only spirits in that house are too much Vodka and Gin!

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2016/09/07/air-china-london-warning/?utm_source=FB&utm_medium=One+Mile+at+a+Time&utm_campaign=SNAP%2Bfrom%2BOne+Mile+at+a+Time

“London is generally a safe place to travel, however precautions are needed when entering areas mainly populated by Indians, Pakistanis and black people. We advise tourists not to go out alone at night, and females always to be accompanied by another person when travelling.”

lol

1 hour ago, MattP said:

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2016/09/07/air-china-london-warning/?utm_source=FB&utm_medium=One+Mile+at+a+Time&utm_campaign=SNAP%2Bfrom%2BOne+Mile+at+a+Time

lol "London is generally a safe place to travel, however precautions are needed when entering areas mainly populated by Indians, Pakistanis and black people. We advise tourists not to go out alone at night, and females always to be accompanied by another person when travelling"

That would be all of it then.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

That would be all of it then.

Having flown Chinaair a few times I can believe this, I still swear to this day the staff were giggling and making monkey noises at a black guy going through passport control in Beijing.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Having flown Chinaair a few times I can believe this, I still swear to this day the staff were giggling and making monkey noises at a black guy going through passport control in Beijing.

I'm not at all surprised, Matt - I can't think of anywhere I've been where there isn't racism towards blacks. This idea that it's a 'white man' thing is just a myth.

In Israel, for example, Ethiopian Jews are treated as second-class citizens at an institutional level and face the kind of social exclusion that was commonplace in '50s America.

AirBnB introducing anti-racism policy: http://www.bbc.com/news/business-37314230

This is badly needed. My wife and I have found many people on AirBnB to be racist. She'll contact someone and not get a response. I'll copy and paste her message, send it from my account and get a message back in minutes. I have much more 'luck' booking places too. 

This is potentially great news, particularly coming off the back of the recent story about the possible link between air pollution and Alzheimer's.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/sep/16/new-inhaler-protects-lungs-against-effects-of-air-pollution

I walk to work and on some days - particularly really still, close ones - you can taste the muck in the air and I do wonder what it's doing to us, especially when I run in and am gulping in great lungfulls of the stuff

18 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

This is potentially great news, particularly coming off the back of the recent story about the possible link between air pollution and Alzheimer's.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/sep/16/new-inhaler-protects-lungs-against-effects-of-air-pollution

I walk to work and on some days - particularly really still, close ones - you can taste the muck in the air and I do wonder what it's doing to us, especially when I run in and am gulping in great lungfulls of the stuff

We traded on Leicester market using 8-10 glazed cabinets and the speed dust particles built up on the glass showed just how polluted the air was. 

It was truly awful, has been for years,  and seems likely to continue that way judging by the ongoing "improvement/development" work with more to follow.

Yes, we have to clean the glass from time to time at every location but have been nowhere to compare with Leicester, especially when the old market hall was coming down.

I'm glad we're out of it. And if any individual was ever responsible for the noise pollution that's gone with all the works they'd have been taken to court by the council in no time.    

The contractors seemed as responsible and considerate as any i've come across but that doesn't change the reality concerning pollution.

I notice Leicester no longer has signs boasting of being an "Environment City". They impose bus lanes on the one hand to supposedly reduce pollution but replace the cars with other pollution of their own making. The hypocrisy is laughable.

Perhaps the inhalers referred to should be compulsory in Leicester and should all be funded from councillors pockets. 

Edited by Thracian

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-37486372

If Mr Musk can stick to the timeline he outlines here, then he and his company will be visionaries that should be remembered through history. And it might be a sign that private companies are ready to really get going in the field of manned space exploration. That's a big if, though.  

But it needs to happen at some point,  for the sake of human survival.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...