Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Interesting news topics.

Never read such ridiculous tripe in my life.  Everyone with a logical mind knows that we live on the inside edge of a hollow, concave Earth with the sun at its centre.

lol Is that maniac, the so called 'Lord Steven Christ', still going? I'd have thought he'd be locked up (again) by now.

Hope the zoo he goes in, has strong security measures so that no innocent 4-year-old kid and naked suicidal people can't get to it.

A two year old got taken yesterday by an alligator. Still not found. Surely the kid is dead now - either eaten or the alligator has drown the baby. Horrific... I like alligators and they're one of my favourite animals but I wouldn't go anywhere near one.

Also, in other alligator news, one has been lifted from a drain...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/15/massive-alligator-pulled-from-drain-in-florida-after-bad-smell-c/

It is a difficult one. Like you say the HRA is for everyone but if you deny it for some who decides who deserves it? Where do you  draw the line? No easy answer.

I still don't understand how his treatment has been inhumane?

Ironic though, I bet when he was slaughtering all those people for their political views he also knew he was going to use their own liberal beliefs for his own benefit in the future.

Prison in Norway looks better than a hotel in some places here lol

_88773972_031413260-2.jpg

I'd stick with solitary confinement anytime. 

But it's another example of why the HRA should be burnt.

• 3 weeks later...

I love stuff like this.

Bringing the 1890s back to life… in colour! Beautiful photochrome images shed fascinating new light on tourist hotspots around the world more than a hundred years ago
35F6A3E500000578-0-image-a-29_1467706252
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3674987/Bringing-1890s-life-colour-Beautiful-photochrome-images-shed-fascinating-new-light-tourist-hotspots-world-years-ago.html#ixzz4DXclg0iN 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

I started a thread for all kinds of curious science news way back when. Perhaps I should get back to updating and writing articles on it again.

Sounds great.

I love the latest science and technology news.

37 minutes ago, GazzinderFox said:

Today I learned what a Burkini is http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37056742 and that the authorities are banning them in the south of France because of the recent terrorist attacks. Presumably mankini's are still fine! 

Seems a racist/sexist move to me.

Women can wear the smallest of bikinis or no tops at all but others can't wear a coverall. If Webbo gets a job in france (which he won't) he'd better be careful.

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

Seems a racist/sexist move to me.

Women can wear the smallest of bikinis or no tops at all but others can't wear a coverall. If Webbo gets a job in france (which he won't) he'd better be careful.

I agree. I think we live in a very shallow intellectual age where people in the west have lost hold of the art of rhetoric. Rather than arguing against the politics and ideology of Islam and defeating it that way, your average man on the street reverts to the ad hominem ignorance of his peers. And those in power revert to naked bigotry, like banning religious symbols and clothing. The clothes aren't the problem the ideas are, defeat the idea and you defeat the problem. But no, on the one hand they say 'Islam is a religion of peace' and on the other they say 'ban the burka!' Hypocrites.       

I was referring to where the report originally came from. Has it been mentioned in any other media?

If the Canary did not quote the report no-one may ever hear off it.  I am sure the report from those that compiled it which was not Canary is available if searched for but if you do not look you will not find these things and somebody has to for balance.

Here is the actual report from the SSAC own page https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/social-security-advisory-committee-annual-report-2015-to-2016

Edited by Rincewind

35 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

I was referring to where the report originally came from. Has it been mentioned in any other media?

If the Canary did not quote the report no-one may ever hear off it.  I am sure the report from those that compiled it which was not Canary is available if searched for but if you do not look you will not find these things and somebody has to for balance.

Here is the actual report from the SSAC own page https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/social-security-advisory-committee-annual-report-2015-to-2016

Why would it be mentioned in the media? Not every single report or recommendation or Government document gets reported. If it did, the papers would be 100 pages thick, they're constantly being created and amended. I see energy efficiency as a very important part of our modern society (and also due to my job), but I don't complain when the latest Summary of Analysis from the National Energy Efficiency Data Framework isn't reported in the media (it was released at the end of June btw).

It's good to see that out of a 34 page report, The Canary could only pull 2 short excerpt from it for criticism. I also didn't see anything in their article to back up their ridiculous headline suggesting some sinister plot to kill off the poor, or something equally nonsensical. They conveniently left the part out where it mentioned the Government putting an extra £800 million in to Housing Benefit or where special treatment is to be given to victims of domestic abuse or members of Her Majesty's Forces, posted abroad.

It's absolutely nothing new for certain suggestions in a report to be overlooked or disregarded. I, myself have received recommendations, and have decided against them, using my own judgement, experience and workings. Likewise, I have made recommendations and they haven't been used. It's fairly common place.

Guest MattP
2 hours ago, Rincewind said:

MSM, JOOS, BLARITE NAZI MEDIA

• 2 weeks later...