Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Marmite

Jesse Lindgaard & Michael Keane

No it doesn't, that's a ridiculous comment. For all you know either of them could come in to the team and be fantastic (eg. Knockaert & DD prior to the last few games). You could sign an experienced player with great reviews from his current club and he could be poor (Whitbread). How they perform on the pitch and nothing else matters.

We already have a blend of players 6 of the starting 11 regularly over 26 and King with Hundreds of games under his belt. You left several of our older player out of your list. We also have quite a few "experienced" players on the fringes to bring in, but guess what... most people don't like them (Gallagher, Wellens, Danns).

a) Where are all these brilliant experienced pros sitting around wanting to come here on loan? b) Can we afford experienced pros on big contracts?

So it Whitbread and you hate him.

If they are good, yes they are.

How would you know when a) you've never seen him b) you don't know how good he is. Perhaps the bench is exactly where Pearson wants him for the moment.

1)Agree with your answer on first bit to some extent, but we are just making the side more and more inexperienced, you really need someone with experience in every position, and especially in midfield we don't have that.

2)Six players, not all the time we won't. This might well be the team for Bolton...Schmeichel(26), De Laet(23), Morgan(28), Moore(19), Konchesky(31), Marshall(21), King(24), Drinky(22), Knockaert(20), Nugent(27), Vardy(25)

Plus most of the subs if we get Keane and Lingard by tomorrow, will mean Gallagher and Danns will drop out again, while someone like Taft might be called up to the bench, plus we will no doubt have three strikers all under the age of 22, plus Matty James if he doesn't start again.

That is a seriously young side, and yes Vardy is 25 but he is very inexperienced at this level.

3)To your third answer, there is a lot of experienced pro's in the Prem not getting games, tones and one or two could help us a lot.

4)Morgan and St Ledger have been performing, and they are experienced, yes Whitbread is experienced but he has been crap, but we still have Morgan and St Ledger who happen to be experienced and do a job for us.

5)Our depth is slim and we need to get it up, but like I said a mixture of experienced and young loan players would help, not a handful of under 22's.

6)Lingard is an attacking midfielder, where does he fit in the midfield, when Pearson has been starting Drinky, King, Knockaert, Marshall and James? While I certainly wouldn't play Nugent up on his own, it never works, 4-5-1 hasn't worked for ages with Leicester, it's a frustrating formation which never pays off, in this league you need to go 4-4-2 flat, 4-4-2 diamond or 4-3-3 and a good 4-3-3 like Palace had, with Bolasie and Zaha on the wings two. The only position you could do with two youthful players is on the wing, because they have the skills and pace, central midfield is a worry, you need an experienced head, it has paid off with so many clubs who have got promotion down the years, example being West Ham with Nolan and Noble, Reading with Leigertwood and QPR with Derry. You may not agree, but patterns often show and to get promotion you need to look at what promoted teams have had down the years and follow them.

Also Babylon take a look at the teams, who have got loan players in this season.

Even Forest have had the blend of experience and youth I have mentioned.

Coppinger over 30, Elliott Ward, Sharp experienced striker at this level and Jenas. While they have also brought in some youngsters in Ayala and Hutchinson.

While in the summer, Cardiff brought in a mixture instead of buying mostly young players, with Mutch, Noone, Lewis, Frei being quite young, while they got in vast experience in Helguson, Bellamy and Smith.

You really need a blend ;)

1)Agree with your answer on first bit to some extent, but we are just making the side more and more inexperienced, you really need someone with experience in every position, and especially in midfield we don't

You need good players.

2)Six players, not all the time we won't. This might well be the team for Bolton...Schmeichel(26), De Laet(23), Morgan(28), Moore(19), Konchesky(31), Marshall(21), King(24), Drinky(22), Knockaert(20), Nugent(27), Vardy(25)

It might well be, but on another day it could have three others over 27 in it. More often than not we've had at least two more over 27 in the team.

3)To your third answer, there is a lot of experienced pro's in the Prem not getting games, tones and one or two could help us a lot.

Who are they, will they come, will their clubs release them, does the manager think they are good enough, can we afford them, will they be happy on the bench at times.

4)Morgan and St Ledger have been performing, and they are experienced, yes Whitbread is experienced but he has been crap, but we still have Morgan and St Ledger who happen to be experienced and do a job for us.

You cannot point out experienced players as an example of how experienced players work when equally experienced players have not worked and other young ones have.

5)Our depth is slim and we need to get it up, but like I said a mixture of experienced and young loan players would help, not a handful of under 22's.

Good players will help. Why rules out someone who could be a better player than someone who is 28 just because of their age?

6)Lingard is an attacking midfielder, where does he fit in the midfield

Pretty sure you said we also needed an ACM at the start of the season and lamented the lack of one?

Even Forest have had the blend of experience and youth I have mentioned.

Oh I look forward to being 8th and getting spanked by Millwall.

Forest have also had a vastly larger budget to spend this year than last, where as we have a vastly reduced one. Experienced players = more costly wages the majority of the time. Let us not forget that whilst improving us Pearson has had to slash the budget from what we were spending Christmas last year.

There are a multitude of factors that need to be considered when signing someone other than age. I'm pretty sure that if Pearson thought there was a good experienced player actually available, who wants to play for us, and was value for money, he would go for them. He has signed plenty of them here and elsewhere.

Not me BTS..

I've been consistent that we need more experience and quality in the squad if we want to gain automatic promotion THIS season. I said in the summer and I haven't changed my mind.

The younger players are playing simply like most younger players do....they hit some form, look super for a few weeks then go off the boil somewhat. Marshall, Drinky and Knocky being three case-in-points.

It's of no surprise to me that Nuge is the top scorer, although I am surprised that Konch is the top player currently for assists.

Kasper is playing well, King is being King... Looks to control some games then goes missing in others.

And Wes isn't helped by changing personnel at the back.

However well we have done, and you can't knock Pearson at all, I believe, as I did in the summer, that we need a couple of older heads in there to make the whole team more consistent.

It's all opinions mate... Our young guns could easily go on another good run... Or they could start to falter a little.

I agree with valid points Col it was the posts levelling criticism at players I'm sure most of them know fvck all about that riled me! I'm going to be controversial here if we look at experience in midfield then what about Wellens?......cue vitriol :P As babs pointed out we have got experience running through the team including Kingy vast experience at just 24.I'm sure these 2 new kids will posess quality/desire/hunger and create more competition for places which is no bad thing! If we take a look at the quality loanees NP has bought to the club in both his tenures then I feel it actually augurs well.

I agree with valid points Col it was the posts levelling criticism at players I'm sure most of them know fvck all about that riled me! I'm going to be controversial here if we look at experience in midfield then what about Wellens?......cue vitriol :P As babs pointed out we have got experience running through the team including Kingy vast experience at just 24.I'm sure these 2 new kids will posess quality/desire/hunger and create more competition for places which is no bad thing! If we take a look at the quality loanees NP has bought to the club in both his tenures then I feel it actually augurs well.

Another very sensible post mate...

:thumbup:

The younger players are playing simply like most younger players do....they hit some form, look super for a few weeks then go off the boil somewhat. Marshall, Drinky and Knocky being three case-in-points.

So what has been the excuse of perennially inconsistent experienced players we've had like Danns, Gallagher, Wellens, Fernandes, Beckford, Abe, Whitbread (so far), SSL for large chunks, Bamba, Mills etc etc etc.

Quality players, of the right age, who don't lose form, who are available, who want to come here, who we can afford... you make it sound so easy to pick these players up Col.

Perfect world you are right. But it's like me saying we need to sign a striker to score 30 goals, rather more difficult to do than to say.

So what has been the excuse of perennially inconsistent experienced players we've had like Danns, Gallagher, Wellens, Fernandes, Beckford, Abe, Whitbread (so far), SSL for large chunks, Bamba, Mills etc etc etc.

Quality players, of the right age, who don't lose form, who are available, who want to come here, who we can afford... you make it sound so easy to pick these players up Col.

Perfect world you are right. But it's like me saying we need to sign a striker to score 30 goals, rather more difficult to do than to say.

Danns isn't even being considered in THIS team Babs? Wellens was our player of the season under Pearsons first tenure. Bamba has gone to play in the Champions league. Beckford... Well the whole bloody world seems to be split on him.

Whitbread has played at a higher level and I thought you, yourself suggested it was too soon to dismiss him? SSL... Most people's first choice with Morgan.

Mills... Ill give ya that one... lol

Regarding picking up one or two older players? Are we so skint we can't pay for anyone costing a mill or so? I don't know, but I doubt it.

Danns isn't even being considered in THIS team Babs? Wellens was our player of the season under Pearsons first tenure. Bamba has gone to play in the Champions league. Beckford... Well the whole bloody world seems to be split on him.

Whitbread has played at a higher level and I thought you, yourself suggested it was too soon to dismiss him? SSL... Most people's first choice with Morgan.

Mills... Ill give ya that one... lol

The point being they all are experienced, many of them cost £1m+. Yet every one of them has been inconsistent at some point except perhaps Morgan. You seemed to be saying inconsistency was a young players problem.

Again there are more factors than just money. Sometimes I feel like people post on here like they are playing football manager in cheat mode.

The point being they all are experienced, many of them cost £1m+. Yet every one of them has been inconsistent at some point except perhaps Morgan. You seemed to be saying inconsistency was a young players problem.

Again there are more factors than just money. Sometimes I feel like people post on here like they are playing football manager in cheat mode.

Right....

The few players I've suggested City should have signed over the past couple of years:

Billy Sharpe (long before we were linked with him)

Jason Roberts (before Reading signed him)

Danny Murphy (before he signed for Blackburn)

Marlon King (a cock, but a goal scoring cock)

George Boyd (too good for Borough)

Emmanuel Thomas (watch this space)

Peter Whittingham

That's about it as far as I can recollect.

None of these were 'insurmountable signings' requiring FM cheat mode lol

All of them, excepting Jay, quality, proven players at this level. Each and every one would add some quality and experience which would augment our good, younger players.

All I'm saying is that there are players we could have signed. I think Pearson simply wants to build a youthful side and, as I've said, if so it's next season I expect to see really good things.

The point being Col, is that people don't think of the full picture. Once again I point out there is more to things that cost. IDEALLY a brilliant player, who is never inconsistent, in their prime etc is what every wants. They aren't always available, or within your reach for whatever reason.

Peter Whittingham

Billy Sharp - Turned us down

Jason Roberts - Turned us down under Sven.

Danny Murphy - not doing much at Blackburn and outplayed by King and Drinkwater

Marlon King - Not a chance in a million years Pearson would sign a PERSON like that.

Boyd - Inconsistent Gallagher Mk2

Whittingham - not a chance in a million years of us getting him or him wanting to come.

All of them, excepting Jay, quality, proven players at this level. Each and every one would add some quality and experience which would augment our good, younger players.

Each and every one of them could turn us down or end up being a massive flop. Which brings me to to the point that signing a good player and one that works for is what matters, not someone who is the "right age" or not from Man U youth team.

:giggle: I was just about to post something similar,IMO Cols points are reasoned though and any opinion will have flaws, claims and counter claims, as after all they are just opinions, which make the game so great , controversial and bloody frustrating in equal measures.What incenses me is some posters propensity to cast firm judgements on players who they haven's seen and know jack about

Hello guys I'm a United fan by the way, don't know what the rules are of an opposition fan joining but I just joined seeing as Lingard and Keane are going on loan, I want to sort of track the progress of both of the young lads. Our U21 team are about to play Stoke's U21's and Lingard and M.Keane are not involved so I can only assume that they've gone.

I've seen a couple say M.Keane had a nightmare vs Chelsea. That isn't true. He was very good and played really well. He never made any glaring errors. Wootton made two glaring errors gifting Chelsea a penalty and an atrocious back pass. M.Keane is already better than Wootton and most Man Utd fans will say the same but for a strange reason SAF seems to pick Wootton ahead of Keane, maybe it is the Championship experience. I'm 99% sure that M.Keane will become an international CB and make it at United. I really think he'll do well at Leicester. Also won reserve player of the year, in a reserve side that won every single reserve tournament last year, with strong players in the squad including Pogba(now of Juventus) and W.Keane. He'll definitely be a success in my opinion.

As for Lingard he's a possession type player. Pass and move. I haven't seen an awful lot of Leicester but if you have players that love to play a possession game he'll fit perfectly. He never shies away from the ball and is neat in possession. He was definitely the best U21 player on our pre-season tour. I think he'll be a success at Leicester also. I just hope they both get enough playing time as I assume Leicester have a big squad?

If you come back on here, who do you think is the better player out of Lingard and Robbie Brady? Who do you rate higher now, and who do you think has more potential for the future?

I ask because Hull seem to be taking Brady back on loan? I wonder if we were interested in him and were offered Lingard, or if Lingard was our first choice?

Right....

The few players I've suggested City should have signed over the past couple of years:

Peter Whittingham

All I'm saying is that there are players we could have signed. I think Pearson simply wants to build a youthful side and, as I've said, if so it's next season I expect to see really good things.

Would have any one of those listed ever came to us willingly?

Hello guys I'm a United fan by the way, don't know what the rules are of an opposition fan joining but I just joined seeing as Lingard and Keane are going on loan, I want to sort of track the progress of both of the young lads. Our U21 team are about to play Stoke's U21's and Lingard and M.Keane are not involved so I can only assume that they've gone.

I've seen a couple say M.Keane had a nightmare vs Chelsea. That isn't true. He was very good and played really well. He never made any glaring errors. Wootton made two glaring errors gifting Chelsea a penalty and an atrocious back pass. M.Keane is already better than Wootton and most Man Utd fans will say the same but for a strange reason SAF seems to pick Wootton ahead of Keane, maybe it is the Championship experience. I'm 99% sure that M.Keane will become an international CB and make it at United. I really think he'll do well at Leicester. Also won reserve player of the year, in a reserve side that won every single reserve tournament last year, with strong players in the squad including Pogba(now of Juventus) and W.Keane. He'll definitely be a success in my opinion.

As for Lingard he's a possession type player. Pass and move. I haven't seen an awful lot of Leicester but if you have players that love to play a possession game he'll fit perfectly. He never shies away from the ball and is neat in possession. He was definitely the best U21 player on our pre-season tour. I think he'll be a success at Leicester also. I just hope they both get enough playing time as I assume Leicester have a big squad?

Disappointing as it sounds like we've got no chance of keeping either even if we go up

Right....

Peter Whittingham

i couldn't accept vermin like marlon king pulling on a Leicester city shirt, I don't know how anyone could.

Dan G a Man Utd fan comes on here to kindly give us a summary of the two loanees,I am not surprised to hear they are quality and it was refreshing he didn't patronise the level of football we play in :D I hope now the moaners actually appreciate the quality additions we potentially have to our vastly improved squad from last season! No it's Foxes Talk will be the moan that we won't be able to sign them :crylaugh:

Yeah totally agree very good poster, we'll never all agree all of the time which is refreshing and essential for FT :P

I think most points people make on here are essentially he same when you look at them anyway, perhaps the levels they take certain things is what I we all don't agree with. ie. "Whitbread has been disappointing so far", does share some similarities to "Whitbread is ****ing shit, he should never pull on a shirt again". The core thing of both points being Whitbread hasn't been great... one has just come out of a rationale persons mouth, the other a raving lunatics. :D

Archived