Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Marmite

Jesse Lindgaard & Michael Keane

I don't get the Man U love in on here, very few players make the grade there and most end up in the lower leagues despite bring heralded as future stars.

Of course very few make the grade. The standard of football is very high and it will be very difficult for them to displace players in the team. But a lot of our youth players go on to have good careers and become internationals. Of the top of my head currently in the Premiership is Neville, Gibson, Cleverley, Welbeck, Evans, Giggs, Scholes, Simpson, Shawcross, WIlson, Campbell, Tate, and David Jones.

Then there are others who've gone on to have good careers else where and are currently doing well. King has made his Norway debut recently and is getting better and SAF has spoke about him. Cleverley when on loan to Watford was player of the season. Morrison is now doing really well for Birmingham. Pogba playing really well for Juventus. W.Keane had been capped three times for U21's and was close to joining Middlesbrough before his injury. That's not to mention countless of former United youth players now playing in the Championship that will probably play at a higher league.

Of course very few make the grade. The standard of football is very high and it will be very difficult for them to displace players in the team. But a lot of our youth players go on to have good careers and become internationals. Of the top of my head currently in the Premiership is Neville, Gibson, Cleverley, Welbeck, Evans, Giggs, Scholes, Simpson, Shawcross, WIlson, Campbell, Tate, and David Jones.

Then there are others who've gone on to have good careers else where and are currently doing well. King has made his Norway debut recently and is getting better and SAF has spoke about him. Cleverley when on loan to Watford was player of the season. Morrison is now doing really well for Birmingham. Pogba playing really well for Juventus. W.Keane had been capped three times for U21's and was close to joining Middlesbrough before his injury. That's not to mention countless of former United youth players now playing in the Championship that will probably play at a higher league.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the true ex united great that we have Richie Wellens

Really? That is short for a centre back. Mind you, Ben Mee was about that.

That is short for any footballer. May surprise you but Ben Mee is actually 5ft 11 and 1/2 so still fairly short for a centre back but at the same time, that is a big difference in height for a defender.

Height really isn't everything though; its all about how you assert yourself. I remember Ben being quality in the air.

That is short for any footballer. May surprise you but Ben Mee is actually 5ft 11 and 1/2 so still fairly short for a centre back but at the same time, that is a big difference in height for a defender.

Height really isn't everything though; its all about how you assert yourself. I remember Ben being quality in the air.

True, height is not the be all and end all, if you can read the game well.

Lets not forget, these 3 are under 5ft 10'', and they did alright for themselves:

Franco Baresi

Carles Puyol

Fabio Cannavaro

why do people want Le Fondre so much? Only scored 12 last season - no better than what we have at all.

Because he is a proven goal scorer Ableit in lower leagues but I personally reckon that Le Fondre would have a field day in our current side and would get 20 goals a season! Also I think Le Fondre With Nugent/Vardy would be lethal!

So you're writing off all players outside of our starting 11 because they're young, not based on their ability as players? And Whitbread 'won't be playing much again' because we've brought in defensive cover on a one month loan while we've got injuries and suspensions? Bizarre.

I also like how you conveniently don't mention the experienced players we have at our disposal in the squad in Danns, Gallagher, Wellens and Dyer - we could field a whole midfield of experience in those 4, do you think it would

Not writing anybody off.

And why the hell should I mention Danns, Gallagher and Wellens when they are not in Pearson's plans and are not going to play.

We will never field them in midfield ever again, so your comment is stupid.

But on the whole, our midfield has performed fantastically this season. Drinkwater and King have formed a great partnership in the middle of the park, while Knockaert has been a great addition, Dyer has put in some good performances and Marshall has had his moment too. I really don't think there are any problems in midfield at all.

If we could find the right player and - more importantly - if the price was right, I'd love to see us sign a striker who's going to bang in 25-30 goals - who wouldn't? But the reality is that these players are either ridiculously overpriced or they wouldn't want to play for us. I'd rather see us stick with what we have than overspend on some mercenary who has no real interest in playing for the club.

But look at how we have performed in the last two games, and look at what other teams around us have, look at what the promoted teams in the past couple of years, and the players they had.

Drinkwater is a very inconsistent player, and due to the lack of experience he has, he will struggle in certain games. Yes he has been one of our better players so far this season, but the last two games prove that he still has flaws, something people tried to laugh off when I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago.

In some games you need certain things, and these certain things we don't have. Also our bench, how many of you are excited about the players we have on our bench week in week out, do we really have any players who can come off the bench and make a real impact?

Against Watford we had in an attacking sense, Gallagher, Waghorn, Schlupp and Futacs do any of these players excite you and make you think, yes these can come on and make an impact, because I don't.

Watford had Matej Vydra on their bench, who is currently their top goalscorer.

While like I mentioned earlier with the Cardiff side, they have players who can come on and excite and make an impact, they have the ability to change things up if they get injuries etc... but we don't have this because our depth isn't strong enough.

Because he is a proven goal scorer Ableit in lower leagues but I personally reckon that Le Fondre would have a field day in our current side and would get 20 goals a season! Also I think Le Fondre With Nugent/Vardy would be lethal!

So is Vardy.

Hi guys, I'm (also) a United fan and take a keen interest in following our young lads both at the club and out on loan, thought I'd try and add a little on the two players you've signed, although I guess you have hopefully had a chance to see them in action already.

Keane is a very promising defender, I'd say probably most comparable to Johnny Evans in that he's a very solid all round player and comfortable on the ball without being excellent at it, and his biggest strength is probably reading of the game/positioning. He was a very small lad for a long time and was stuck at right back, without showing much promise at all, and then he shot up about 6 inches about 18 months ago and suddenly started looking a real talent at centre half - he must be maybe 6" or 6"1 now I'd guess. I think he looks a talent but I would guess his final level might be about that of Shawcross, rather than being the next Evans or Smalling for us. Still a very gifted defender and I would like to think he will show well at Championship level (assuming his injury is not serious of course!). His twin (not identical though)brother Will sounds like the player you could really use though, excellent target man who has been compared a lot to Teddy Sheringham coming through our youth system.

Jesse Lingard is a tidy player, probably most comparable to Tom Cleverley when he went to Watford a couple of years ago. Jesse was also always a small skinny kid as with Michael but has also grown a lot recently. His strengths are his ability on the ball and a talent for keeping the play moving, with an ability to provide regular goals and assists from a forward thinking midfield position. As someone said earlier in the thread, his ideal position would be any of the 3 behind the main striker in the formation Chelsea play now. He's not a winger, or a striker, or even really a player in the hole, but he can play all those roles to a decent level if necessary. If I were to make a prediction on him now I'd say that he probably won't have a career at Man United but he will be a good player in the Premiership, maybe Greening would be a reasonable comparison. However nothing is nailed on and at the same age it didn't look like Cleverley would even be playing league football, and now he's an England international.

Either way, I wish both lads best of luck and hope you get to see the best of them. I'll also be rooting for Leicester to get promoted of course, big club that belongs in the Prem and been away too long! :D

Hi guys, I'm (also) a United fan and take a keen interest in following our young lads both at the club and out on loan, thought I'd try and add a little on the two players you've signed, although I guess you have hopefully had a chance to see them in action already.

Keane is a very promising defender, I'd say probably most comparable to Johnny Evans in that he's a very solid all round player and comfortable on the ball without being excellent at it, and his biggest strength is probably reading of the game/positioning. He was a very small lad for a long time and was stuck at right back, without showing much promise at all, and then he shot up about 6 inches about 18 months ago and suddenly started looking a real talent at centre half - he must be maybe 6" or 6"1 now I'd guess. I think he looks a talent but I would guess his final level might be about that of Shawcross, rather than being the next Evans or Smalling for us. Still a very gifted defender and I would like to think he will show well at Championship level (assuming his injury is not serious of course!). His twin (not identical though)brother Will sounds like the player you could really use though, excellent target man who has been compared a lot to Teddy Sheringham coming through our youth system.

Jesse Lingard is a tidy player, probably most comparable to Tom Cleverley when he went to Watford a couple of years ago. Jesse was also always a small skinny kid as with Michael but has also grown a lot recently. His strengths are his ability on the ball and a talent for keeping the play moving, with an ability to provide regular goals and assists from a forward thinking midfield position. As someone said earlier in the thread, his ideal position would be any of the 3 behind the main striker in the formation Chelsea play now. He's not a winger, or a striker, or even really a player in the hole, but he can play all those roles to a decent level if necessary. If I were to make a prediction on him now I'd say that he probably won't have a career at Man United but he will be a good player in the Premiership, maybe Greening would be a reasonable comparison. However nothing is nailed on and at the same age it didn't look like Cleverley would even be playing league football, and now he's an England international.

Either way, I wish both lads best of luck and hope you get to see the best of them. I'll also be rooting for Leicester to get promoted of course, big club that belongs in the Prem and been away too long! :D

Thanks for this! We had Cleverley off you in 2008/09 when we were in League One and he was sublime at times, I hope Lingard can be the same as we badly need more flair to help out Knockaert.

Please can we have Will Keane and Henrique as well? Thanks!

Archived