Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Marmite

Jesse Lindgaard & Michael Keane

I Think Nigel should tie his left gonad to the goalposts if it means getting promoted, never mind signing two loan players.... Will they stay? VERY unlikely but who cares! we'll be promoted!

Dont you think Nigel will replace half the team anyway if we get promoted?

I think most points people make on here are essentially he same when you look at them anyway, perhaps the levels they take certain things is what I we all don't agree with. ie. "Whitbread has been disappointing so far", does share some similarities to "Whitbread is ****ing shit, he should never pull on a shirt again". The core thing of both points being Whitbread hasn't been great... one has just come out of a rationale persons mouth, the other a raving lunatics. :D

Yeah .....Whitbread my perspective, he has shown glimpses of quality but is seriously lacking in match sharpness down to lack of game time and the two go hand in hand and he gets himself a suspension :facepalm:

You need good players.

It might well be, but on another day it could have three others over 27 in it. More often than not we've had at least two more over 27 in the team.

Who are they, will they come, will their clubs release them, does the manager think they are good enough, can we afford them, will they be happy on the bench at times.

You cannot point out experienced players as an example of how experienced players work when equally experienced players have not worked and other young ones have.

Good players will help. Why rules out someone who could be a better player than someone who is 28 just because of their age?

Pretty sure you said we also needed an ACM at the start of the season and lamented the lack of one?

1)You need a mixture of players, but we are making this side too young and inexperienced

2)You need a blend not just two experienced players, experience in midfield is key with any side, unfortunately we don't have any at the moment, we had our experience in midfield with Wellens two season's ago and look where we finished...the play-offs.

3)There is loads, and why wouldn't they come if they want game time.

4)Morgan and St Ledger have been working, I am happy you should be happy that we had a solid partnership going until Ledge got injured

5)You can't throw a number of youth players into a side, it never works, you need a blend and teams promoted in the past have all had good blends, teams at the top now have a good blend of players, experience and youth is key, but Pearson is turning this side into a more youthful one.

6)Yes I did, but that was at the start of the season, plus I said we definitely need one if King doesn't score goals; however he has been doing a brilliant job on the goalscoring front, and basically Knockaert is an ACM so getting Lingard as well, like I said you try and fit him in and I bet you change your line up more than once.

Michael Keane being mentioned in the same breath as Joney Jones & George Taft !!!

Keene is on a different planet to those 2 and will prove to be our best signing of the season even if it is only short lived

Are you watching, George Taft? Are your ears burning again? :ph34r:

If you come back on here, who do you think is the better player out of Lingard and Robbie Brady? Who do you rate higher now, and who do you think has more potential for the future?

I ask because Hull seem to be taking Brady back on loan? I wonder if we were interested in him and were offered Lingard, or if Lingard was our first choice?

Jesse Lingard has a better chance in my opinion. He's a year younger too. Brady is a good player but he's a bit inconsistent. I think Lingard is more consistent than him and his game is slightly different to Brady. I think Brady is more direct and Lingard isn't as direct. Better passer of the ball and better vision in my opinion. He usually starts on the left for us then drifts into the middle and finds pockets of spaces. It'll be interesting to see Jesse in the Championship. It'll be a real challenge but I'm sure he'll be up for it. He's a hard worker too so attitude won't be a problem. The only disappointing thing is when Lingard didn't come off the bench vs Chelsea and instead we brought on Macheda who is pretty awful!

For the pre-season tour most of the U21's went on the tour to S.Africa but the second part of the tour was for the first teamers coming back from the Euros. Only a couple of the U21's came along to that and Lingard and M.Keane were part of that. Keane starting vs Valerenga and Hannover. M.Keane is a good passing defender too which is what I like about him. I'm happy that they've gone out on loan though as the reserve level was too easy for them. Our reserve team won every trophy we entered last season with M.Keane, Lingard and W.Keane nominees for reserve player of the year. I hope and think they'll do well.

I'm gutted W.Keane is out injured though. 4th highest scorer in our youth history and had a couple of caps for the U21's, SAF also said he'll be used this season until his ACL injured playing for England's U19's.

Hello guys I'm a United fan by the way, don't know what the rules are of an opposition fan joining but I just joined seeing as Lingard and Keane are going on loan, I want to sort of track the progress of both of the young lads. Our U21 team are about to play Stoke's U21's and Lingard and M.Keane are not involved so I can only assume that they've gone.

I've seen a couple say M.Keane had a nightmare vs Chelsea. That isn't true. He was very good and played really well. He never made any glaring errors. Wootton made two glaring errors gifting Chelsea a penalty and an atrocious back pass. M.Keane is already better than Wootton and most Man Utd fans will say the same but for a strange reason SAF seems to pick Wootton ahead of Keane, maybe it is the Championship experience. I'm 99% sure that M.Keane will become an international CB and make it at United. I really think he'll do well at Leicester. Also won reserve player of the year, in a reserve side that won every single reserve tournament last year, with strong players in the squad including Pogba(now of Juventus) and W.Keane. He'll definitely be a success in my opinion.

As for Lingard he's a possession type player. Pass and move. I haven't seen an awful lot of Leicester but if you have players that love to play a possession game he'll fit perfectly. He never shies away from the ball and is neat in possession. He was definitely the best U21 player on our pre-season tour. I think he'll be a success at Leicester also. I just hope they both get enough playing time as I assume Leicester have a big squad?

I love the sound of them!!!!

It's also a great idea to be signing players from the same side - they understand each other and play the same way .... Might smack of being Man Utd's feeder club ..... but i can live with that.

1)You need a mixture of players, but we are making this side too young and inexperienced

2)You need a blend not just two experienced players, experience in midfield is key with any side, unfortunately we don't have any at the moment, we had our experience in midfield with Wellens two season's ago and look where we finished...the play-offs.

3)There is loads, and why wouldn't they come if they want game time.

4)Morgan and St Ledger have been working, I am happy you should be happy that we had a solid partnership going until Ledge got injured

5)You can't throw a number of youth players into a side, it never works, you need a blend and teams promoted in the past have all had good blends, teams at the top now have a good blend of players, experience and youth is key, but Pearson is turning this side into a more youthful one.

6)Yes I did, but that was at the start of the season, plus I said we definitely need one if King doesn't score goals; however he has been doing a brilliant job on the goalscoring front, and basically Knockaert is an ACM so getting Lingard as well, like I said you try and fit him in and I bet you change your line up more than once.

1) no you need good players. You sound like you would prefer an old player who is worse than a young player just because he's played more games.

2) We do have experience. King has over 200 games with Leicester and Wales. Dyer has experience. We had experience with Danns, Abe and Fernandes, and we never threatened the top six other than once (after some of them had gone). A team you claim has none has us threatening the top of the league.

3) You do not know that though, you are just guessing.

4) I am happy, but it means nothing in terms of your point as experienced players have failed so far also.

5) Yes Alan, "you never win anything with kids". Eeven though 6/7 of the regular starters are experienced

6) why are you trying to fit him in the 11 with the others. It's a squad game and we need more options.

Anyway, this is pointless.

Cheers for the info DanG. This is all very reminiscent of the Matty James thread!

How has he done by the way? He was a good footballer but missing certain aspects. The Lingard reserve/youth side is the best I've seen for a while. Swept up the youth cup with ease a couple years back and destroyed the reserve competitions. Unfortunately for us Pogba left to Juventus and is playing well. Morrison was far too problematic but he was brilliant for us in the reserves and youth games even in his couple first team appearances. I hear he's doing well at Birmingham now too. I think Middlesbrough wanted W.Keane on loan for the start of the season but then SAF said he isn't sending him out on loan then he got the terrible injury. So here's to hoping M.Keane and Lingard have a bit of luck!

Can Nugent play up front on his own though? He cannot hold the ball up. If we are only playing 1 striker then for me we need to bring a new striker in as none of them can play that role.

Have to agree with this to an extent. You won't get many better strikers in this league than Nugent who works in a partnership but as a lone striker I'm not so sure.

How has he done by the way? He was a good footballer but missing certain aspects. The Lingard reserve/youth side is the best I've seen for a while. Swept up the youth cup with ease a couple years back and destroyed the reserve competitions. Unfortunately for us Pogba left to Juventus and is playing well. Morrison was far too problematic but he was brilliant for us in the reserves and youth games even in his couple first team appearances. I hear he's doing well at Birmingham now too. I think Middlesbrough wanted W.Keane on loan for the start of the season but then SAF said he isn't sending him out on loan then he got the terrible injury. So here's to hoping M.Keane and Lingard have a bit of luck!

He's ok, nothing more. Doesn't seem to have much of a goal threat, and tends to keep it quite simple in midfield.

Of the players brought in from you, Drinkwater has been the best so far.

He's ok, nothing more. Doesn't seem to have much of a goal threat, and tends to keep it quite simple in midfield.

Of the players brought in from you, Drinkwater has been the best so far.

Not too surprised I think he needs to add more to his game but I think he'll get better. I think Drinkwater has a lot more to his game too. Also how good is Tom Ince? I've seen him play a few times on SkySports and a bit of highlights on the Football League show but I haven't seen enough of him. Do you think he'll be good enough to play for United in the near future? Because I've heard we've been strongly linked with him.

1) no you need good players. You sound like you would prefer an old player who is worse than a young player just because he's played more games.

2) We do have experience. King has over 200 games with Leicester and Wales. Dyer has experience. We had experience with Danns, Abe and Fernandes, and we never threatened the top six other than once (after some of them had gone). A team you claim has none has us threatening the top of the league.

3) You do not know that though, you are just guessing.

4) I am happy, but it means nothing in terms of your point as experienced players have failed so far also.

5) Yes Alan, "you never win anything with kids". Eeven though 6/7 of the regular starters are experienced

6) why are you trying to fit him in the 11 with the others. It's a squad game and we need more options.

Anyway, this is pointless.

1)You need a mixture, you never win anything with kids, but that's what we are filling the team with

2)Yes we have a bit of experience, but most of the team is under 24, while other squads especially one's who have gone on and got promoted had a great mixture of experience and youth, Abe became unsettled it happens that can't be helped and we never really gave Fernandes a chance, plus we had big ego's like Mills in the side.

3)No I am not, how is it a guessing game, you look yourself and you could pick a handful of players who aren't getting games who would drop down a division for game time.

4)MEH!

5)6-7 not at all, we might have four this weekend. You need experience in all positions and we don't have it, midfield is key and we don't have enough experience in that position, or in terms of age they aren't old enough, compared to other sides who are around us, and teams who have got promoted in the past, you need certain things to get promotion, and as I am not worried as such, a few things still need addressing for us to be fighing for the automatic place, because many teams have got it right at this moment in time, and they are now climbing up the table, while we are slipping down the table and are only 5 pts ahead of 13th place, things can change quickly in this league.

6)Why I am trying to fit him in, because he will start games, but I just can't see where he fits along with Knockaert, Marshall, King and Dyer, the only way he will get game time is if we go 4-5-1 and most of the time that formation does us no favours, and is depressing to watch.

Hello guys I'm a United fan by the way, don't know what the rules are of an opposition fan joining but I just joined seeing as Lingard and Keane are going on loan, I want to sort of track the progress of both of the young lads. Our U21 team are about to play Stoke's U21's and Lingard and M.Keane are not involved so I can only assume that they've gone.

I've seen a couple say M.Keane had a nightmare vs Chelsea. That isn't true. He was very good and played really well. He never made any glaring errors. Wootton made two glaring errors gifting Chelsea a penalty and an atrocious back pass. M.Keane is already better than Wootton and most Man Utd fans will say the same but for a strange reason SAF seems to pick Wootton ahead of Keane, maybe it is the Championship experience. I'm 99% sure that M.Keane will become an international CB and make it at United. I really think he'll do well at Leicester. Also won reserve player of the year, in a reserve side that won every single reserve tournament last year, with strong players in the squad including Pogba(now of Juventus) and W.Keane. He'll definitely be a success in my opinion.

As for Lingard he's a possession type player. Pass and move. I haven't seen an awful lot of Leicester but if you have players that love to play a possession game he'll fit perfectly. He never shies away from the ball and is neat in possession. He was definitely the best U21 player on our pre-season tour. I think he'll be a success at Leicester also. I just hope they both get enough playing time as I assume Leicester have a big squad?

Both sound literally ideal based on that and actually fill me with hope about tomorrow night.

you need a blend and teams promoted in the past have all had good blends, teams at the top now have a good blend of players, experience and youth is key, but Pearson is turning this side into a more youthful one.

Most people would say our best starting 11 is:

Kasper - 25

RDL - 23

Morgan - 28

SSL - 27

Konchesky - 31

King - 24

Drinkwater - 22

Marshall - 21

Knockaert - 20

Nugent - 27

Vardy - 25

That side has an average age of 25. Throw Dyer in there instead of Marshall and it has an average age of 26. There are no players under 20 in that team and over half of them are 25 or over. We've got some extremely experienced players in Nugent, SSL, Konchesky and Morgan, with Whitbread and Dyer in the squad too. I would argue that we've got a very good mix of youth and experience in our squad - the only place we don't have any experienced players is in midfield and I think most would argue our midfield has been absolutely top notch for the majority of the season so far. I completely disagree that Pearson is packing the squad with youth players - even Lingard and Keane will both be 20 in December and January respectively.

It's not like we're throwing in 16 year old kids who have never played competitive football before, even our younger players have got a lot of experience of playing competitive football - Marshall was class on loan at Sheff Wed, Drinkwater was class on loan for Barnsley, RDL has played for a lot of different clubs and did particularly well at Portsmouth, Knockaert has played a lot of competitive football in France, King has played over 160 games for us, Vardy's played a lot in the lower leagues, Kasper's turned out for Man City and played for a few different clubs too. If these youngsters were all wet behind the ears and never played league football before, I'd agree with you - but they've all got considerable experience in their own right.

So if Pearson wants to bring in a couple of 19 year olds to provide us with a bit of cover and hopefully add some quality to the squad then fair play to him, I'd rather bring in some hungry young players, eager to prove themselves, rather than some old pro who can't even make the bench for his own team and probably doesn't really have any desire to play for us. There's no magic formula for a promotion winning side, you don't need X amount of young players and Y amount of experienced players, you just need good players and thankfully we've got a fair few of them and the best thing is, a lot of our young players ARE experienced players.

1)You need a mixture, you never win anything with kids

Apart from the premier league.

2)Yes we have a bit of experience, but most of the team is under 24, while other squads especially one's who have gone on and got promoted had a great mixture of experience and youth, Abe became unsettled it happens that can't be helped and we never really gave Fernandes a chance, plus we had big ego's like Mills in the side.

No most of the team is not under 24 at all. There are 11 players in the team, as I keep saying and you keep ignoring the team regularly contains (more often than not) Dyer 30, Nugent 27, Konchesky 31, Morgan 28, Whitbread 28 or SSL 27 and Kasper 26. So that's 6 players over 24. Not forgetting Vardy who is 25 (although you won't count him) and King who maybe only 24 but has 164 league appearances. And to put that into perspective Danns at the age of 29 only has about 50 more, and many of those were very much lower league.

The likes of Drinkwater, Marshall, Knockaert might be fairly young 22, 21, 20. But they aren't kids, and two of them have played minimum of a season in this league.

I would assume that signing Lingard will pave the way for Gallagher to go out on loan again, possibly Danns as well. If we are going to go 4-5-1 then we definitely need a striker. Nugent doesn't play well on his own, so we've got Vardy, Futacs or Waghorn. Futacs is ideal but it doesn't look like he's going to get a start any time soon. I really don't know if Vardy can play that role. Waghorn could play the role well enough but the prospect doesn't fill me with any confidence from a goalscoring point of view. Anyway, on to tonight, i'd be happy with a draw

Archived