Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Marmite

Jesse Lindgaard & Michael Keane

never heard of Lindgaard?

Is keane the one who played against Chelsea in the CO cup, or was that his brother?

Not sure - but many proven internationals can get the run-around at Stamford Bridge. He won't be facing that all-round and sustained quality in the Championship.

We are aiming to play like Chelsea I reckon. 3 attacking midfielders and one striker in Nugent or Vardy.

I like the look of that Lingard, not seen much of Keane but i've heard he's highly rated.

We need some fresh impetus, we've looked devoid of creativity and ideas in the past few games so well done to Pearson. I was hoping for a striker as well though, someone who can be relied upon.

Michael Keane, twin brother of young United striker Will, is a defender who has made great strides at the club.

Michael, initially a full-back, did not appear for United's Under-18s in 2009/10, but he did make his debut for the Reserves against Wigan in April 2010.

Quite small in stature for his age, the progress made after he caught up in terms of physical development has been very impressive as he became a key figure in the successful FA Youth Cup-winning team of 2011.

Graduation into Warren Joyce's Reserves followed and he slotted in effortlessly either at the heart of the defence or full-back,

earning praise from his coach for his consistent endeavour on the training field.

As a result, Keane was rewarded with a first-team debut during the Carling Cup win at Aldershot.

Emerging as a central defender of some repute, he revealed to Inside United that he has chosen to represent England at international level, after initially featuring for Republic of Ireland, and is maturing all the time at Carrington.

A splendidly consistent campaign saw him voted Reserves Player of the Year despite some fierce competition and he made his England debut for the Under-19s in May, playing in the same team as Will.

By playing in 30 games in all, he was used more than anybody else at Reserves level and scored five goals along the way when venturing forward for set-pieces. Clearly a bright future beckons for the defender, who is already attracting plenty of interest from other clubs keen to snare him on loan.

Warrington-born Jesse Lingard has progressed through the ranks with United after being treated patiently by the coaches.

The forward has made rapid progress and has matured physically, enabling him to make a real impact at Reserves level. Indeed, in pre-season for the 2011/2012, he weighed in with a number of goals and proved he could handle the step up from Academy football.

After helping Paul McGuinness' side win the FA Youth Cup in 2011, the livewire youngster is catching the eye - whether playing on the flanks or in his preferred central role, just behind the striker.

Clearly a bright future beckons for somebody who was handed a first-team shirt number during the 2011/12 campaign for both the Barclays Premier League and Champions League.

Indeed, he was on a three-man shortlist for the Reserves' Player of the Year award in recognition for his efforts over the campaign as he contributed nine goals. A clever and assured finisher, he is capable of mixing the spectacular finish with clinical, well-placed shots, he causes problems for defenders with his direct running.

A hard worker who always tracks back for the team, it's likely he will be heading out on loan in the 2012/2013 season - although there could be a chance he makes the squad for the pre-season tour.

They both sound good to me. Both (nominated) top 3 players of Man Utd reserves last season. :thumbup:

We are aiming to play like Chelsea I reckon. 3 attacking midfielders and one striker in Nugent or Vardy.

I like the look of that Lingard, not seen much of Keane but i've heard he's highly rated.

We need some fresh impetus, we've looked devoid of creativity and ideas in the past few games so well done to Pearson. I was hoping for a striker as well though, someone who can be relied upon.

This indeed. Definitely the kind of player that would suit that kind of system and I'm happy for us to be trying it.

For those saying was it him or his brother about Keane, his brother is a centre forward and is injured long-term so it was definitely Michael.

Our squad is being overloaded with youngsters and rookies.

A famous Alan Hansen quote springs to mind. However we don't have a Schmeichel (senior), Keane (senior) or Cantona to prove him wrong.

Well who exactly are we going to bring in with any experience now? January's more likely for that, I can see where you're coming from but I honestly think we'll be fine with it, Pearson seems to know what he's doing with these youngsters.

Our squad is being overloaded with youngsters and rookies.

A famous Alan Hansen quote springs to mind. However we don't have a Schmeichel (senior), Keane (senior) or Cantona to prove him wrong.

Morgan, our captain, (28 and with over 450 career apps), Konchesky (31 with about 400 career apps) and Nugent (27 with over 350 career apps) are experienced. Then throw in the likes of King and Vardy, who although aren't very old (24 and 25 isn't exactly young, either) have over 200 games each under their belts. SSL and Whitbread are 27 & 28 respectively. We're hardly just throwing Prem academy names into our first XI and seeing how it goes. Pearson knows what he's doing.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/scholes-names-manchester-uniteds-next-golden-gener

Manchester United legend Paul Scholes identified some of the Old Trafford youngsters he feels could do as he did and make the step up into Sir Alex Ferguson’s first team.

“I think they’re very good. I don’t think they lost a game last year and they went on to win the reserve team trophy,†he said when asked his opinion of the youngsters.

“There are some really good players, like Jesse [Lingard] and Larney [Larnell Cole], a really good player, good on the ball."

“There’s Michael and Will [the Keane brothers], different types of player but very effective, and Tunners [Ryan Tunnicliffe] as well.â€

Well who exactly are we going to bring in with any experience now? January's more likely for that, I can see where you're coming from but I honestly think we'll be fine with it, Pearson seems to know what he's doing with these youngsters.

Nige'll fix it.

Least we are not getting Scott Wootton, he looked absolutely shocking in the cup.

Whitbread is definitely down the pecking order now then, doubt we will see him much again if were getting Keane and St Ledger comes back from injury.

Lingard never seen him play, but he sounds decent, so fingers crossed he can be like Mark Davies.

Only thing I don't like about it is, all these Man Utd youth players, we are basically Manchester United reserves, wouldn't be surprised if we get Joshua King next.

Only thing I don't like about it is, all these Man Utd youth players, we are basically Manchester United reserves, wouldn't be surprised if we get Joshua King next.

Why don't you like it? If it happens we'll only have two loan players in the whole squad, the rest are ours. The only thing you shouldn't like is if they aren't good enough, not where they have come from.

Now I know in the summer you wrote off every youth teamer from Man United on the back of Drinkwater not walking into the club and being amazing straight away. But frankly that was ridiculous, as the majority of his performances have shown this season.

Least we are not getting Scott Wootton, he looked absolutely shocking in the cup.

Whitbread is definitely down the pecking order now then, doubt we will see him much again if were getting Keane and St Ledger comes back from injury.

Lingard never seen him play, but he sounds decent, so fingers crossed he can be like Mark Davies.

Yes please, he is exactly what we need. A player who can hold the ball up and allow support players like Knockaert, Marshall and King to get in to the box.

Why don't you like it? If it happens we'll only have two loan players in the whole squad, the rest are ours. The only thing you shouldn't like is if they aren't good enough, not where they have come from.

Now I know in the summer you wrote off every youth teamer from Man United on the back of Drinkwater not walking into the club and being amazing straight away. But frankly that was ridiculous, as the majority of his performances have shown this season.

To be fair, and I know it's early days but Matty James looks very limited and i'm not overly keen on de Laet defensively. Drinkwater has been superb though for the majority of this season.

Archived