Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Marmite

Jesse Lindgaard & Michael Keane

Keane had a great game until it went to extra time and between himself and his compatriot cb Wootton, looked composed and not completely hopeless against a very strong Chelsea side. It all turned sour when fatigue and lack of experience cost the team the game. Whilst both cb were to blame for vital errors, Keane came across as the better of the two, and I'm saddened that he's chopse to play for England rather than Ireland as he could grow into a very good player, and the Irish could deffo do with a decent cb coming up through the ranks. I say sign him up, good cover and will fit unto our FA Cup side nicely.

I don't know much about the other lad but makes sense to bring players in who already know each other, so there's less trouble in communication on the ball.

I'd be happy with them both if true, we've got to strengthen the squad and bringing in hungry players makes sense.

Why don't you like it? If it happens we'll only have two loan players in the whole squad, the rest are ours. The only thing you shouldn't like is if they aren't good enough, not where they have come from.

Now I know in the summer you wrote off every youth teamer from Man United on the back of Drinkwater not walking into the club and being amazing straight away. But frankly that was ridiculous, as the majority of his performances have shown this season.

It's just too many youthful players, you need a mixture but all these Man Utd youth players are far too much, with Hull City, Pearson got in King, Evans, Dudgeon and probably some more.

Yes they may be talented, but if our squad just get's younger inexperience will show and we will struggle, the team is very inexperienced compared to others. We only have St Ledger, Morgan, Konchesky and Nugent who are experienced campaigners, while the rest are very young, Andy King has been around a while but he is still only 24.

You need a mixture, and these youth players are turning us into a Man Utd youth team, De Laet, Drinky, James, Keane, Lingard.

We could do with an experienced central defender, not a young one, same on the strikers side we really need another goalscorer asap, and Lingard isn't it, god knows how he will fit in either with Dyer, Marshall, Knockaert and King in the side.

Hello guys I'm a United fan by the way, don't know what the rules are of an opposition fan joining but I just joined seeing as Lingard and Keane are going on loan, I want to sort of track the progress of both of the young lads. Our U21 team are about to play Stoke's U21's and Lingard and M.Keane are not involved so I can only assume that they've gone.

I've seen a couple say M.Keane had a nightmare vs Chelsea. That isn't true. He was very good and played really well. He never made any glaring errors. Wootton made two glaring errors gifting Chelsea a penalty and an atrocious back pass. M.Keane is already better than Wootton and most Man Utd fans will say the same but for a strange reason SAF seems to pick Wootton ahead of Keane, maybe it is the Championship experience. I'm 99% sure that M.Keane will become an international CB and make it at United. I really think he'll do well at Leicester. Also won reserve player of the year, in a reserve side that won every single reserve tournament last year, with strong players in the squad including Pogba(now of Juventus) and W.Keane. He'll definitely be a success in my opinion.

As for Lingard he's a possession type player. Pass and move. I haven't seen an awful lot of Leicester but if you have players that love to play a possession game he'll fit perfectly. He never shies away from the ball and is neat in possession. He was definitely the best U21 player on our pre-season tour. I think he'll be a success at Leicester also. I just hope they both get enough playing time as I assume Leicester have a big squad?

It's just too many youthful players, you need a mixture but all these Man Utd youth players are far too much, with Hull City, Pearson got in King, Evans, Dudgeon and probably some more.

Yes they may be talented, but if our squad just get's younger inexperience will show and we will struggle, the team is very inexperienced compared to others. We only have St Ledger, Morgan, Konchesky and Nugent who are experienced campaigners, while the rest are very young, Andy King has been around a while but he is still only 24.

You need a mixture, and these youth players are turning us into a Man Utd youth team, De Laet, Drinky, James, Keane, Lingard.

We could do with an experienced central defender, not a young one, same on the strikers side we really need another goalscorer asap, and Lingard isn't it, god knows how he will fit in either with Dyer, Marshall, Knockaert and King in the side.

Spot on Kingy.

A couple of older, established, good quality players would help squad to improve.

I think we've got enough kids, we don't need anymore, unless they are very good.

It doesn't matter how old someone is, where they are from, how many games they have played.

We already have three very experienced CB's. You yourself have been cracking on about Joey Jones or whatever his name is. He isn't experienced.

We've used less players than almost every team in the league. Carrying on that way will lead to burn out. So having players there who can replace others and give them a rest is what we need. Especially if Pearson no longer has faith on Gally and doesn't believe Danns fits into the style we want to play. So Lingard doesn't have to play with the others but, they can be part of a squad.

Yes we need a striker, but who is to say we aren't after one.

It doesn't matter how old someone is, where they are from, how many games they have played.

We already have three very experienced CB's. You yourself have been cracking on about Joey Jones or whatever his name is. He isn't experienced.

We've used less players than almost every team in the league. Carrying on that way will lead to burn out. So having players there who can replace others and give them a rest is what we need. Especially if Pearson no longer has faith on Gally and doesn't believe Danns fits into the style we want to play. So Lingard doesn't have to play with the others but, they can be part of a squad.

Yes we need a striker, but who is to say we aren't after one.

It does matter how old someone is, you need a blend of experience and youth, all these youngsters are far too much, even in the summer the signings Pearson has made are all under 25 apart from Whitbread yet he has been woeful so far, while Vardy is 25 but hasn't had any football league experience.

Yes these players may be talented, and yes Gallagher and Danns may not been in Pearson's plans and are not good enough for the team, but why don't you replace them with two experienced players who just have better quality?

Or get in someone like Joshua King, who would actually be ideal on the wing for us, while get someone with experience to replace Danns, therefore you have a mixture of experience and youth, instead of getting in two players under the age of 22 say.

I would only give Joey Jones the chance or Taft, if Pearson isn't planning on getting another centre back in, experienced centre back pairings usually work, Morgan and St Ledger have been great of late, and they so happen to be two of our most experienced players.

We maybe getting a striker, and even though Lingard sounds good and me of all people are pretty excited about him; however where does he fit?

If we are planning on going 4-5-1 god help us, whether it's attacking or not, 4-5-1 doesn't work with us and it doesn't work in this league.

Yes we need to get our depth up, but are these the types of players we should be looking at?

Can't really see where Lingard fits except from the subs bench.

Spot on Kingy.

A couple of older, established, good quality players would help squad to improve.

I think we've got enough kids, we don't need anymore, unless they are very good.

Kids?

Kasper 26

Morgan 28

Whitbread 28

St Ledger 27

Konchesky 31

King 24

Dyer 30

Nugent 27

De Laet 23

Drinkwater 22

Vardy 25

Knockaert 20

Marshall 21

6 of the regular starting 11 are over 26. King has hundreds of games under his belt and international caps at 24.

Old, established, quality players do not grow on trees during the loan window. And arguably 2 of the three best players this year have been "the kids".

Why is Nigel giving match time & experience to young Manchester United players when we have a successful u21 side & young hungry players who would love the opportunity to show what they can do at that level , sends out the wrong message to me .

Because we might, in time, sign them permanently.

De Laet, Drinkwater and James are all our players, if they are good enough and possibly available to be ours full-time then why not?

Hello guys I'm a United fan by the way, don't know what the rules are of an opposition fan joining but I just joined seeing as Lingard and Keane are going on loan, I want to sort of track the progress of both of the young lads. Our U21 team are about to play Stoke's U21's and Lingard and M.Keane are not involved so I can only assume that they've gone.

I've seen a couple say M.Keane had a nightmare vs Chelsea. That isn't true. He was very good and played really well. He never made any glaring errors. Wootton made two glaring errors gifting Chelsea a penalty and an atrocious back pass. M.Keane is already better than Wootton and most Man Utd fans will say the same but for a strange reason SAF seems to pick Wootton ahead of Keane, maybe it is the Championship experience. I'm 99% sure that M.Keane will become an international CB and make it at United. I really think he'll do well at Leicester. Also won reserve player of the year, in a reserve side that won every single reserve tournament last year, with strong players in the squad including Pogba(now of Juventus) and W.Keane. He'll definitely be a success in my opinion.

As for Lingard he's a possession type player. Pass and move. I haven't seen an awful lot of Leicester but if you have players that love to play a possession game he'll fit perfectly. He never shies away from the ball and is neat in possession. He was definitely the best U21 player on our pre-season tour. I think he'll be a success at Leicester also. I just hope they both get enough playing time as I assume Leicester have a big squad?

Thanks for the info, sounds really promising! I'm really looking forward to seeing them play.

Our squad isn't as big as a lot of people think now, we got rid of a lot of players this summer, and were left with quite a small squad, so I can see them being involved a lot. (There's a chance they could both start V Bolton tomorrow, with Whitbread (suspended) and St Ledger (injured) and Vardy (injured) all out.)

We've also been playing good possession football this season, so it sounds like Lingard will slot in really well.

We're on TV at home V Forest on Saturday (12.45) if you and other united fans want to see how they're getting on. I'm sure they'll be involved in that game.

Thanks for your input. Yes we are trying to play a possession/passing type of game so far this season. No we don't have a big squad, we only had 18 available first team players on Saturday and they all had to be named in the match day squad, despite a couple of them being no longer wanted (seemingly anyway, Danns and Gallagher). So I'm guessing they will feature quite a bit if they are good enough.

I for one am looking forward to seeing them play before I make any rash assumptions about them, but a lot on here will judge them despite never having seen them kick a ball for us yet. Just try and ignore those. :thumbup:

Kids?

Kasper 26

Morgan 28

Whitbread 28

St Ledger 27

Konchesky 31

King 24

Dyer 30

Nugent 27

De Laet 23

Drinkwater 22

Vardy 25

Knockaert 20

Marshall 21

6 of the regular starting 11 are over 26. King has hundreds of games under his belt and international caps at 24.

Old, established, quality players do not grow on trees during the loan window. And arguably 2 of the three best players this year have been "the kids".

That looks a pretty young squad to me.

That's not a problem.. I'd rather develop a good young side for the future.

We don't need anymore though IMO.

Our best players for me, are Nugent and Konch (top scorer and top 'assister'), followed by Kasper. All three with plenty of experience at this level.

Kids?

Kasper 26

Morgan 28

Whitbread 28

St Ledger 27

Konchesky 31

King 24

Dyer 30

Nugent 27

De Laet 23

Drinkwater 22

Vardy 25

Knockaert 20

Marshall 21

Forgot about Dyer, but he isn't the best player around and doubt he will start if we get in Lingard.

I did say King has been around for ages, but he is still only 24.

Also for goalkeepers, 26 is a pretty average age, he is one of the youngest in the division and I have to say there is a lot about, but we all know Kasper is quality and reliable.

I would love to say I'll bow to peoples superior football knowledge on here but that would be a joke like a lot of the posts in this thread and others. 2 defeats and people are crying out for us to strengthen, a link on SS about us possibly doing this and people on here are moaning about the United link and Kids, are people not forgetting that they are one of the biggest and best clubs in the world like it or not! I like the relationship NP obviously has with Sir Alex and if it helps us great! FFS stop spouting without facts, everyone has a right to an opinion but the negativity is as bad as the people phoning the "moan in" talking rot .......... roundly lambasted on here. I say NP has the contacts and proven football knowledge and at least wait until something happens and we've seen them before levelling criticisms and opinions on them!

It does matter how old someone is

No it doesn't, that's a ridiculous comment. For all you know either of them could come in to the team and be fantastic (eg. Knockaert & DD prior to the last few games). You could sign an experienced player with great reviews from his current club and he could be poor (Whitbread). How they perform on the pitch and nothing else matters.

you need a blend of experience and youth

We already have a blend of players 6 of the starting 11 regularly over 26 and King with Hundreds of games under his belt. You left several of our older player out of your list. We also have quite a few "experienced" players on the fringes to bring in, but guess what... most people don't like them (Gallagher, Wellens, Danns).

but why don't you replace them with two experienced players who just have better quality?

a) Where are all these brilliant experienced pros sitting around wanting to come here on loan? b) Can we afford experienced pros on big contracts?

Morgan and St Ledger have been great of late, and they so happen to be two of our most experienced players.

So it Whitbread and you hate him.

Yes we need to get our depth up, but are these the types of players we should be looking at?

If they are good, yes they are.

Can't really see where Lingard fits except from the subs bench.

How would you know when a) you've never seen him b) you don't know how good he is. Perhaps the bench is exactly where Pearson wants him for the moment.

Forgot about Dyer, but he isn't the best player around and doubt he will start if we get in Lingard.

I did say King has been around for ages, but he is still only 24.

Also for goalkeepers, 26 is a pretty average age, he is one of the youngest in the division and I have to say there is a lot about, but we all know Kasper is quality and reliable.

So basically we haven't got that many kids then?

Let's not forget they need to be able to complement the style of football we're trying to play, there's no doubt that they will have had that instilled in them at Man U I can't say the same about our Academy when for the most part they've been under the instructions of Managers that seemed to like the hoof.

I would love to say I'll bow to peoples superior football knowledge on here but that would be a joke like a lot of the posts in this thread and others. 2 defeats and people are crying out for us to strengthen, a link on SS about us possibly doing this and people on here are moaning about the United link and Kids, are people not forgetting that they are one of the biggest and best clubs in the world like it or not! I like the relationship NP obviously has with Sir Alex and if it helps us great! FFS stop spouting without facts, everyone has a right to an opinion but the negativity is as bad as the people phoning the "moan in" talking rot .......... roundly lambasted on here. I say NP has the contacts and proven football knowledge and at least wait until something happens and we've seen them before levelling criticisms and opinions on them!

Not me BTS..

I've been consistent that we need more experience and quality in the squad if we want to gain automatic promotion THIS season. I said in the summer and I haven't changed my mind.

The younger players are playing simply like most younger players do....they hit some form, look super for a few weeks then go off the boil somewhat. Marshall, Drinky and Knocky being three case-in-points.

It's of no surprise to me that Nuge is the top scorer, although I am surprised that Konch is the top player currently for assists.

Kasper is playing well, King is being King... Looks to control some games then goes missing in others.

And Wes isn't helped by changing personnel at the back.

However well we have done, and you can't knock Pearson at all, I believe, as I did in the summer, that we need a couple of older heads in there to make the whole team more consistent.

It's all opinions mate... Our young guns could easily go on another good run... Or they could start to falter a little.

Archived