Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Marmite

Jesse Lindgaard & Michael Keane

Least we are not getting Scott Wootton, he looked absolutely shocking in the cup.

Whitbread is definitely down the pecking order now then, doubt we will see him much again if were getting Keane and St Ledger comes back from injury.

Lingard never seen him play, but he sounds decent, so fingers crossed he can be like Mark Davies.

Only thing I don't like about it is, all these Man Utd youth players, we are basically Manchester United reserves, wouldn't be surprised if we get Joshua King next.

The majority of centre halves would get torn a new one by Mata, Hazard and Oscar, let alone a rookie - Wooton must be shit, eh? And what's wrong with picking up players from the same side? If they're talented and want to do well for themselves and this club, I couldn't care.

we need some strikers.... not centre backs or midfielders

Yeah - why the hell can't Pearson give Futacs a start ? The guy must be really pissed off, at not being able to prove himself over a full match in the League (no matter how he performs in the U-21's or training) - and Waghorn keeps being given second chances.

Can Nugent play up front on his own though? He cannot hold the ball up. If we are only playing 1 striker then for me we need to bring a new striker in as none of them can play that role.

I agree - I don't think Nuge can work on his own up front. As I say above, I really hope Futacs gets a start against Bolton - and a chance to prove himself. It didn't work with Marshall up front. It never works with Waghorn. And this Lingard is a bit too unproven to start a game (besides, he's classed as an 'attacking midfileder' by Fergie).

Not overly keen on Keane (no pun intended) after the Chelsea CO cup game but harsh to judge a player one game and hopefully steping down a level and not having the pressure of playing Chelsea on live TV he might perform better.

Dunno too much about thiss Lingard but it is dissapointing to see Pearson ignoring a rather obvious and glaring area of weakness and signing a player who by the sounds of it plays in our of our stongest areas.

we need some strikers.... not centre backs or midfielders

For a striker to score goals he needs someone to create chances for him. (He can't do it all himself)

For a team to win games they need to not give the opposition 2 goal starts.

So I disagree, we do need strengthening in those areas as well.

To be fair, and I know it's early days but Matty James looks very limited and i'm not overly keen on de Laet defensively. Drinkwater has been superb though for the majority of this season.

Are you not keen because of how they have played or where they came from though. Where someone is from should have no bearing on whether people want them or not.

The two mentioned are still very young and only just starting out here. Im sure there is much more to come from them as we have seen from DD now he has settled in.

Are you not keen because of how they have played or where they came from though. Where someone is from should have no bearing on whether people want them or not.

The two mentioned are still very young and only just starting out here. Im sure there is much more to come from them as we have seen from DD now he has settled in.

Couldn't give a monkeys where they're from, infact I actually like the policy of getting players from Man Utd and such clubs.

Keane looked absolutely woeful last week but might settle easier in the Championship.

No idea on the other guy, it;'s only short term cover anyway.

Bit unfair to judge either of them, and really harsh to judge Keane on a game against Chelsea and the players he was against. Im happy with both of them, better than signing players like Jones imo

You realise you're talking to a board full of people who judged our own player on his hairstyle and tweets yes?

Been speaking to a Man Utd mate, quote

With lingard he is a good little striker, got a long way to go though and he has a lot to learn, he plays reserve team atm but won fa youth cup in 2011, plays in slot midfield role and Rooney role atm

And

Michael keane, thought he would go on loan because he is progressing fast. Plays with lingard with reserves. He played quite well against Chelsea.

My friend doesnt mess about so it's quite good he said that so they sound really hopeful to me.

Archived