Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
desertfox86

Waghorn

I thought a striker was supposed to be able to put the ball in the net occasionally. Waghorn is clearly out of his depth at Leicester .Yes he tries quite hard but that does not really cut it when we need a striker who does not panic when he has a chance. If we rely on nugent i doubt we will go up this year.

Yes we have won without him, have we lost with Waghorn in the team?

Mark... You're loyalty type thing to our own players is commendable. I'd also love to see Waggy fire us into the Premiership.

But is it not misplaced?

We've seen this all too often with Sven, Beckford last season and now Waghorn.

Why can't we just debate whether we feel someone 'has the minerals' so to speak without then being slated as a 'Pearson hater' or whatever?

It's dead childish.... Really it is

I love the club, have followed us since Jock Wallace was the manager, but I'm more than happy to suggest where I think we look good and where I think we could improve.

There is almost an unwritten rule on the forum that if you dare to suggest something which could be construed as dissing the players or the manager, you are then somehow disloyal to the cause.

It's bloody ridiculous!

lol

There are a few posters who seem to be this way almost incessantly, or from what I've read anyway.

Yourself, IndieRich and others make some good posts but don't seem to debate ie. to try to critique players, issues and formations. Instead simply opting for the 'everything is fine' sort of mentality, when actually it's good, but could maybe be better?

Forgive me if I'm wrong.. It's just how it comes over to me sometimes.

As an example... I think we'd all agree that 'assists' are a crucial part of the game and a key attribute to an attacking player. Yet, none of our players appears in the top 27 (that's 27) players in the division for assists. Now mentioning this, for me, is important. It shows that we have lots of possession but simply don't make or take enough chances... Exactly like last season.

But stuff like this seems to just be overlooked. For me it tells a story which shouldn't be ignored because to discuss it would make us 'disloyal'.

Mark... You're loyalty type thing to our own players is commendable. I'd also love to see Waggy fire us into the Premiership.

But is it not misplaced?

Why can't we just debate whether we feel someone 'has the minerals' so to speak without then being slated as a 'Pearson hater' or whatever?

I love the club, have followed us since Jock Wallace was the manager, but I'm more than happy to suggest where I think we look good and where I think we could improve.

There is almost an unwritten rule on the forum that if you dare to suggest something which could be construed as dissing the players or the manager, you are then somehow disloyal to the cause.

It's bloody ridiculous!

lol

There are a few posters who seem to be this way almost incessantly, or from what I've read anyway.

Yourself, IndieRich and others make some good posts but don't seem to debate ie. to try to critique players, issues and formations. Instead simply opting for the 'everything is fine' sort of mentality, when actually it's good, but could maybe be better?

I agree with this mentality. I sometimes tend to jump on those who critique our players, however only usually the ones who are making stupid throw-away comments that are incorrect, or just absolute tosh. If somebody has got something intelligent to say about one of our players, and comes up with a credible solution to the "problem" then I am more than willing to listen. However, the few that are making stupid comments just seem to be doing it for the attention.

I generally think however, that the majority of the negative views on our players are fuelled by this forum and over widely exaggerated.

I think putting words in someone's mouth to belittle them is a bit childish, but there we go.

But is it not misplaced?

It's bloody ridiculous!

lol

As an example... I think we'd all agree that 'assists' are a crucial part of the game and a key attribute to an attacking player. Yet, none of our players appears in the top 27 (that's 27) players in the division for assists. Now mentioning this, for me, is important. It shows that we have lots of possession but simply don't make or take enough chances... Exactly like last season.

But stuff like this seems to just be overlooked. For me it tells a story which shouldn't be ignored because to discuss it would make us 'disloyal'.

arggh Mr Pot, Pleased to meet you!!

Mr Kettle x

lol

If you are speaking about about a few weeks ago you were going OTT, you know you were. You've since toned down I notice... Following our unbeaten run I believe?

I'm just after some sort of balance in views.

But that's just it .... I was speaking prior to an unbeaten run where IMO we weren't doing great and there was plenty to talk about .... Or to criticise / debate.

That was met with an attitude of Pearson Hater - burn his house down!!!!

So i stopped posting .... we started winning, and there's less to debate in a winning streak anyway .... And saying "this is great" over and over is a wee bit dull!!!

Now we are back to normal service - win some / lose some ..... some of the points i made before remain valid - Waghorn is not good enough ..... Some points have become much less valid or superseded - like NP's media attitude.

All i wanted then was a rational debate not be pigeon holed as a NP hater just because I wasn't 100% convinced by everything he did. That's all your asking now.

I accept that you now realise i was always right lol!!!

But that's just it .... I was speaking prior to an unbeaten run where IMO we weren't doing great and there was plenty to talk about .... Or to criticise / debate.

That was met with an attitude of Pearson Hater - burn his house down!!!!

So i stopped posting .... we started winning, and there's less to debate in a winning streak anyway .... And saying "this is great" over and over is a wee bit dull!!!

Now we are back to normal service - win some / lose some ..... some of the points i made before remain valid - Waghorn is not good enough ..... Some points have become much less valid or superseded - like NP's media attitude.

All i wanted then was a rational debate not be pigeon holed as a NP hater just because I wasn't 100% convinced by everything he did. That's all your asking now.

I accept that you now realise i was always right lol!!!

lol

:thumbup:

Col the whole forum have been discussing missed chances since about game three of the sesson. I think unIversally everyone agrees we need to take our chances. It's not a new talking point really I've said it two dozen times myself and nobody labled me a non supporter.

Col the whole forum have been discussing missed chances since about game three of the sesson. I think unIversally everyone agrees we need to take our chances. It's not a new talking point really I've said it two dozen times myself and nobody labled me a non supporter.

Non supporter.

It was a generic point. Not only about Waggy and missed chances..

I know you have...

:thumbup:

I honestly think that when Waggy scores one his confidence will go sky high and he will go on a bit of a run. That said whether he is good enough long term, i dunno? :unsure:

It will certainly help him, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him bag 3 or 4 in as many games if he does eventually score ..... It's how long we wait, and does that then mean he's good enough or just ended a poor run?

Pearson Hater.

Beckford lover.

Archived