Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
desertfox86

Waghorn

Fairly good take on things - when I started supporting we were a serious 1st division team with 3 England players in our team - we rose again under St Martin but have employed also rans as managers since with a couple of flickers that have come to nought (Ollie/Sven) Nige showed promise and still does on occasion but to me we will be punching under our weight until we are top flight again, in the same way that Norwich, Southampton, West Brom and West Ham, amongst others, feel - those that accept the mediocre at face value perhaps have never known anything else and their greatest season was a League 1 promotion but in the same way Man City fans and Leeds fans never gave up wanting better neither will I and I certainly won't shut up because some kids think Nige's 6 points from 18 is moving forward - he needs to shape up soon!

Bye then ****

Believe me seenitall I do understand ,first went down Filbo as a 6 year old in 1969 and the 3 Ws lol , I am positive by nature but I do feel the frustration and I genuinely am a realist too. I do feel stability in a club is essental and NP is heading in the right direction, in any season there will be bad patches, freak results and good run......that's football. keep the faith and enjoy the ride! "Always look on the bright side of life^ :P

547 – Martyn Waghorn has continued to raise eyebrows with his inclusion in the starting lineup, 547 being the number of minutes he’s been on the pitch since scoring at Leeds United on the final day of last season. It’s easy to see why Waghorn continues to be preferred. The former Sunderland man is in many ways a like for like replacement for Jamie Vardy, meaning Pearson needn’t tinker too much with his system. Waghorn deserves credit for his role in the buildup to Leicester’s first, winning a ball Jermaine Beckford wouldn’t have bothered to fight for and playing the right pass to Dyer. But two golden opportunities to break his scoring duck were missed later on. Sent through by Nugent he wanted too many touches and allowed Forest to recover. Meanwhile his shoulder met with De Laet’s cross when a firm header would surely have give Lee Camp no chance.

Edited to add this snippet from an article on Berba

Martin Jol, the Fulham manager, who had Berbatov at Tottenham, gets it. "What do you want?" he said. "A player without quality who works hard? Or a quality player who hopefully works hard?"

547 – Martyn Waghorn has continued to raise eyebrows with his inclusion in the starting lineup, 547 being the number of minutes he’s been on the pitch since scoring at Leeds United on the final day of last season. It’s easy to see why Waghorn continues to be preferred. The former Sunderland man is in many ways a like for like replacement for Jamie Vardy, meaning Pearson needn’t tinker too much with his system. Waghorn deserves credit for his role in the buildup to Leicester’s first, winning a ball Jermaine Beckford wouldn’t have bothered to fight for and playing the right pass to Dyer. But two golden opportunities to break his scoring duck were missed later on. Sent through by Nugent he wanted too many touches and allowed Forest to recover. Meanwhile his shoulder met with De Laet’s cross when a firm header would surely have give Lee Camp no chance.

Edited to add this snippet from an article on Berba

Martin Jol, the Fulham manager, who had Berbatov at Tottenham, gets it. "What do you want?" he said. "A player without quality who works hard? Or a quality player who hopefully works hard?"

I get your point... we should sign Berbatov :ph34r:

Here we go - you're a better supporter because you go to the games lalalalalalala bore off kid - there's dozens on here who can't/won't go to games and their opinions are as valid as the 'real' fans. How many games do you need to see to know whether we are doing well or not - the TV games? The few live games you can get to? If we can get promoted then I can see all the games right? But when will this happen?

As for the not posting on the 7 match unbeaten run - that's right, I was enjoying it and mildly amused by the smugness of the self righteous..........but not driven to keep saying how great things were as for me it takes more than one swallow etc......

Never seeing eye to eye is fine with me - you keep looking for the positives in 'useless Waghorn' (were you having a bad day when you thought that?) and I'll keep an eye on the reality......could do better is all I'm saying.

Cant get to the game? = valid opinion regardless as to the reason you cant get, whether it be money, distance, family commitments etc etc

Choose not to go to the games = No, if you wont go to the games, when you can, then you don't have a valid opinion.

Cant get to the game? = valid opinion regardless as to the reason you cant get, whether it be money, distance, family commitments etc etc

Choose not to go to the games = No, if you wont go to the games, when you can, then you don't have a valid opinion.

Not strictly true if you are say, boycotting the games because of the atrocious football being served up, as I chose to do at times in the '80s. I still wanted us to do well but realised under investment by the greedy board had resulted in desperate football and a lack of consideration for the fans. I still felt my opinion about that was relevant and had the internet been invented back then would have posted thus on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just written a blog about Waggy's resurgence here:

http://www.thepostho...blogspot.co.uk/

Hopefully he won't let me down by having a stinker tomorrow!

I do love the lad, and really want him to do well, but aren't we all jumping the gun a bit, 1 goal and 3 good performances is not quite the second coming, lets not raise our expectations too much and put more pressure on him.

Be positive, he is gonna score a hat-trick and make Mark_W change his pants three times.

If he scores a hat-trick I bet even you will afford yourself a little jizz.

Improved performances aren't converting into goals ....

1 goal in how many minutes played this season???

He's a liability - The quicker NP signs a replacement and stops putting his faith in him the more chance we stand of going up .... This is starting to remind me of the stubborn faith that Sven showed in that Portugese keeper that I can't remember the name of ..... it's to the detriment of the team and their ambitions to keep the faith in "WAGHORN (blazes over)"

Waghorn (and De Laet) wanted far too much time on the ball. Knocky seems to suffer the same although not as obvious last night. Thought Waggy should have poked the ball when one on one with the Kenny rather than slow down to drag the ball on to his left foot. He certainly tried hard enough but without goals or assists NP should be trying something else.

Well people have got their opinions, I think Waghorn's edged it this month. You're obviously against him regardless of what he does though, so I guess there's no point in trying to convince you otherwise.

No I'm not .... i just don't rate him .... he tries hard but isn't good enough ... and him being in the team is costing us dearly .... We need strikers to score, not run at lost causes, it's promotion to the Premier League we are looking for not to the Sunday Alliance div4 where trying hard is good enough.

No I'm not .... i just don't rate him .... he tries hard but isn't good enough ... and him being in the team is costing us dearly .... We need strikers to score, not run at lost causes, it's promotion to the Premier League we are looking for not to the Sunday Alliance div4 where trying hard is good enough.

Just how is having him in team 'costing us dearly'? His link up play has been superb. He's layed on a couple of assists for other players, he's scored one himself and should have had more, his all round game has been great since he's had a run in the side. Other players have been scoring the goals, it's not like we're going through a barren spell in front of goal - we've put away 8 goals in our last three games.

Even if you don't want him in the team, what would you do instead? Get a loan in? Pearson said the targets they wanted weren't available. Play Futacs? His record's even worse than Waghorn's. Play Vardy? He's been injured and now he looks bereft of confidence and form. Play Schlupp? His record as a striker is terrible too and we've needed him to play at LB.

So instead of moaning about him, why don't you just get behind him instead? What is moaning going to accomplish? Do you think Pearson's going to log on to FT and think to himself 'Shit, 5waller5 doesn't rate Waggy, better drop him immediately'

I believe we need get a striker in Jan, jist to add another option as we seriously lack penetration when Nuge is out. Waghorn does a good job at holding the ball up but I cant see him or vardy getting into double figures this season. The teams playing well but if our strikers don't deliver then we out class teams and lose, which has happened on more than on occasion this year.

Just how is having him in team 'costing us dearly'? His link up play has been superb. He's layed on a couple of assists for other players, he's scored one himself and should have had more, his all round game has been great since he's had a run in the side. Other players have been scoring the goals, it's not like we're going through a barren spell in front of goal - we've put away 8 goals in our last three games.

Even if you don't want him in the team, what would you do instead? Get a loan in? Pearson said the targets they wanted weren't available. Play Futacs? His record's even worse than Waghorn's. Play Vardy? He's been injured and now he looks bereft of confidence and form. Play Schlupp? His record as a striker is terrible too and we've needed him to play at LB.

So instead of moaning about him, why don't you just get behind him instead? What is moaning going to accomplish? Do you think Pearson's going to log on to FT and think to himself 'Shit, 5waller5 doesn't rate Waggy, better drop him immediately'

Whilst he needs for the time being, you've answered your own question there.

Archived